Facebook Scholarship Foundation? Yes, in addition to being a social network where you can interact with friends, and family, participate in groups, and debates, and follow people with common interests, it also has an institution for financing scholarships around the globe. This program was founded with the purpose of financially benefiting doctoral students in various fields regardless of nationality, gender or religion.
Currently, Facebook is one of the platforms with the greatest global recognition, allowing the Foundation to finance doctoral scholarships worldwide to have great respect from entities and organizations with years of experience in the area of higher education.
The type of aid or benefit that it consigns is different from those assigned by other similar institutions. Fundación Becas Facebook is responsible for paying the full university tuition where the award-winning student is. It is necessary that you be a doctoral student in the areas and fields that will be mentioned later. There are also no restrictions on the nation where you are doing the specialization. Just meeting the excellence requirements of the Facebook Scholarship Foundation is already an eligible candidate.
As Facebook is an organization that connects people from all over the world since its inception, it allows students from diverse backgrounds and communities to present themselves before organizations, institutions, and entities of high international renown, in this way it seeks to create links between academics and multinationals subscribed to one of the largest social networks on the planet, Facebook. All fellows will have the opportunity to visit one of their locations in the United States while participating in the fellowship summit. This will enhance the connectivity and creativity of the participants.
The Scholarship Foundation has a credit allocation limit and it is $42,000 per year, this corresponds to the applicant’s university tuition. The amount is processed directly between the higher education institution and the representatives of the Facebook Foundation.
Win a scholarship issued by Facebook
Institutions where you will study:
Facebook Scholarship Foundation, United States.
Levels and study areas:
The applicant must be pursuing a doctorate in the following areas:
- AI system hardware-software co-design.
- Applied statistics.
- AR/VR computer graphics.
- Future AR/VR technologies.
- AR/VR human-computer interaction.
- AR/VR human understanding.
- AR/VR perception, cognition, and action.
- AR/VR photonics and optics.
- audio presence.
- Augmented reality audio.
- Blockchain and crypto-economics.
- Computational social sciences.
- Database systems.
- Distributed systems.
- Economics and computing.
- Networks, privacy, and data use.
- Programming languages.
- Security and privacy.
Who can participate?:
The applicant must be a full-time doctoral student enrolled in an accredited institute.
The Facebook Scholarship Foundation will consign an annual award not exceeding $42,000, which stipulates the following:
- University enrollment of two (2) years or four (4) semesters.
- living costs
- Expenses related to conference travel at Facebook headquarters, United States.
- If students are already receiving any other grant from Facebook, they are not eligible for the full-time Ph.D. program.
Conditions that must be met by participants:
- Apply online to obtain economic benefits through the Facebook Foundation system.
- Demonstrate that you are pursuing a full-time doctoral program in one of the areas mentioned above.
- It is unknown if you are required to be proficient in any other languages at the time of being part of the Facebook conference in the United States.
Instructions to apply:
- Transcripts and academic records.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from the higher education institution where you are pursuing your doctorate.
- One (1) research proposal.
- Complete personal and legal data, among others.
It is mandatory to fill in each box on the application form to obtain the international economic award. If you do not meet this condition, you will be automatically disqualified. Visit the Facebook Scholarship Foundation website.
Until September 20, 2022