Eskom’s largest African electricity producer offers different types of scholarship schemes to South African candidates who intend to further their skills and education at recognized higher education institutions.
As well as simply growing its own workforce and meeting its business objectives, Eskom’s goal is to educate the people of South Africa, resulting in national benefits such as empowerment, productivity, and an overall improved lifestyle.
However, in this post, you will be fully guided on how to apply for the scholarship program, moreover, you will know about the eligibility criteria, your benefit, eligible nationality, host, and deadline.
About the organization – ESKOM
Eskom was created in the calendar year 1923 by the South African Government as the States Electricity Supply Commission (ESCOM). The southern African power utility is currently called Eskom and could be the largest power producer in Africa as well as being in the top 7 global utilities based on production capacity.
Eskom is responsible for the creation of approximately 95 percent of South Africa’s energy, in addition to 45 percent of Africa’s electricity use.
The company operates numerous power channels, for example, the Koeberg Nuclear Power Station together with the Kendal Power Station is now chaired by Hendrik Johannes van der Bijl and can be divided into 3 branches namely Generation, Transmission, and Distribution.
Level/field of study
As a way to broaden the Nation’s skill pool and enable young students to achieve their career ambitions, Eskom is awarding scholarship programs to students studying in the following disciplines:
- Engineering: Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Computer Technologies
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- environmental science
- Safety and risk
- Boiler manufacturers
- Installers and turners
- Control and instrumentation
- Power Plant Operators
Eskom scholarships are taken and hosted in South Africa.
Eskom is offering two types of funding options:
Full Eskom Scholarship – For students with a strong academic background: Students must work for Eskom for the same duration as their scholarship.
Scholarships: For the children or dependents of Eskom employees: students must have a strong academic background and the Eskom employee must have a minimum of 5 years of service.
These costs are all covered:
Full Eskom Scholarship: Registration and accommodation fees, accommodation (or house), meal expenses, prescribed publication allowance, PC allowance, and also a vacation allowance.
Scholarship: Registration and room fees, lodging (or house), meal expenses, and prescribed publication allowance.
Eligibility for Eskom South Africa Scholarships 2023
Applicants must meet the following minimum income standards before applying (note that if you do not meet each of the prerequisites, an application will likely not be considered):
- South African citizen
- In possession of a valid identification document
- Completed matriculation and in possession of a Higher National Certificate (or equivalent)
- Agree to undergo a medical examination/statement of health and interview.
- Accepted for admission to a recognized higher education institution (full-time study)
Applicants must have the following minimum academic results before applying:
- Applicants who intend to study at the university: minimum HG (C) or symbol “5” in English, mathematics, and physical sciences.
- Applicants who intend to study at the Technikons/University of Technology: minimum HG(D)/SG(C) or symbol “4” in English, Mathematics, and Physical Sciences.
- Applicants who intend to study in Higher Education and Training (FET): minimum HG(E)/SG(D) or the symbol “3” in English, Mathematics, and Physical Sciences.
- Applicants currently studying at a higher education institution must have passed all subjects registered for the current year of study.
How to apply Eskom Bursaries South Africa 2023
Download and complete the relevant application form (in its entirety):
Complete Eskom Scholarship: Eskom Scholarship Application Form (Pdf).
Scholarship (university students): HJ van der Bijl Application form (Pdf).
Scholarship (Technicians/students of the University of Technology): Straszacker Application form (Pdf).
Please submit clear copies of this supporting documentation along with your completed form (entry of those documents is required; when some items are lost, your program will be discarded):
- Identity document (certified copy of)
- Motivation letter (affidavit to certify the content)
- Latest university or school results
- Proof of enrollment/acceptance at an institution of tertiary studies
1) Be sure to submit your application well in advance of the application closing date (as noted below).
2) the implemented shortlist will have to attend a meeting; students will be informed by telephone and by written correspondence.
3) The election interview process will take place from August to October. Applicants may also have to submit to a health declaration or examination.
4) Closing selections will be made and prizes awarded based on satisfactory academic effects, a productive meeting, and adequate health status.
5) Students will be informed of the results of this application between October and December.
6) The selected candidates will receive complete documentation about the Eskom fellowship/bursary, along with a contract along with other documentation that must be made and sent directly to Eskom.
Eskom Scholarships South Africa Application Deadline
Eskom scholarships application deadline is every 31 July (every year)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted, please apply before the deadline to ensure your application is considered).
Eskom Bursaries South Africa Application Link 2023
Application packages must be filed in one of the following ways:
1) Email: [email protected]
2) Hand delivery (to your nearest Eskom office) AND the following address:
3) Post (to Eskom office mailbox nearest) And the following PO Box:
Department of Student Development
PO Box 1091
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship program, please contact Eskom directly:
Eskom Bursary Contact Center
Tel: 011 800 6961
Email: [email protected]