To help international women to fulfill their goals, Trinity Washington University in partnership with the Margaret McNamara Education Grants offers a scholarship program for the academic year of 2023-2024. The educational program targeted women from any eligible list of developing countries to fulfill its mission to assist them in pursuing their higher education and provide financial assistance.
Supporting women’s education is at the center of their projects. Putting resources into the schooling of young ladies and ladies is one of the best ways of lessening destitution and animating financial development. At MMEG, they endeavor is to engage ladies from emerging nations through educational awards. They accept that education is fundamental to enabling ladies with the information, abilities, and fearlessness important to decrease destitution, work on natural supportability, and safeguard basic freedoms.
Margaret NcMara Educational Grants
The Margaret NcMara Educational Grants known as MMMF founded in 1981 is a non-profit and a public charity that provides funds and assistance to exceptional women from an eligible list of developing countries.
Their association draws motivation from Margaret McNamara and her vision of training and orientation correspondence. Margaret utilized her leverage as the spouse of Robert McNamara, the World Bank’s fifth president, to advocate for acknowledging and considering these basic components of advancement programs. She was granted the highest civilian qualification in the US, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, in acknowledgment of her significant commitments.
In the Year 1983, the organization awarded its first educational grant to a Liberian Woman who was studying in a Nursing program at the
University and since then, their program of providing educational assistance to international women has spread and grown. Over $4-5M has been provided for the educational grants and their program has been expanded to 5 universities in South Africa.
Margaret NcMara was recognized for her assistance in children’s literacy in the USA by founding the organization, and she has expanded her advocacy in 1970 for women and children worldwide while his husband has been serving in the World Bank as the President of the company.
Margaret McNamara worked resolutely to bring issues to light about the significance of education for ladies and kids in emerging nations and turned into a strong supporter of ladies and youngsters living in neediness. She was particularly worried that ladies and youngsters not be ignored in World Bank projects, and emphatically pushed for the schooling of young ladies, and familiarity with ladies and their necessities.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Developing Countries
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Field: Any eligible field offered by the Trinity Washington University
- Scholarship Award: Tuition fee
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Duration: Not specified by the Provider
- Renewable: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the eligibility of the scholarship.
- Applicants must be self-identifying women and at least 25 years old at the time of the application.
- Must be a citizen in the list of eligible countries.
- Must be registered in an accredited university and or plan to be enrolled in a full-time academic semester
- Planning to be graduated in two in half years after the award has been granted
- Not be related to any person at the Worldbank, Inter-American Development Bank, or MMEG Board Member.
In addition to the eligibility, the students must also meet the following:
- The students must also be admitted as part-time or full-time students at Trinity Washington University.
- Plan to continue their studies and be graduated in two and half years.
- Not related to any Trinity Washington University staff.
- All international students, US citizens, or permanent residents in the US are eligible to apply.
Interested students can start their application in an online portal provided by the organization. The application must be completed with the provided information and documents.
As part of the application process, the students are required to submit the following to better support the application and evaluation.
Keep in mind that before starting the application process, all documents must be scanned in digital form or in PDF form.
- Identification card (national passport, government-issued ID)
- Proof of registration at the university
- Transcript of records
- Visa page or study permit
- The second page of the passport with a clear photo
At the application portal, you will be also asked to submit the following documents at a specific point.
- Brief sections portraying your own story, and how your examinations, encounters, and tentative arrangements are connected to your obligation to the children and women in the developing countries
- A gauge of your monetary circumstance, including everyday costs, for the approaching scholastic year, and arranged techniques to cover subsidizing needs;
- An outline of your postulation (if pertinent), including its goal, technique, discoveries, and relationship to professional objectives.
Two reference letter
- One referee should be an employee from your ongoing college. The subsequent ref might be an individual (non-relative) who can vouch for your personality. No less than one of the people probably known you for what could be compared to something like two semesters
- The students must contact two individuals from whom they might want to demand a reference letter. Subsequent to accepting their affirmation, you will be approached to give in the application structure: the email locations of the two individuals giving references. They will each get an email interface from the receive an email link to compose their suggestion. At the point when their proposals are submitted, you will be told to embark.
The successful students will be awarded financial assistance that will cover their educational fees and or other related fees for an undergraduate or graduate degree.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until January 15, 2023.