If you are one of the students who aim to achieve their higher education and are motivated to pursue their education to have a promising future with personal or professional goals? Then this bursary program is the right one for you. Mukuru Education Funds offered by Mukuru want to unleash the possibilities education can give eligible South African students to start their education journey with the help of the awards for the academic year of 2023-2024.
The scholarship offered by Mukuru will be awarded to fourteen South African students. The scholarship aims to help students pursue their higher education in an eligible program. Mukuru believes that investing in your education can help build a society with equal opportunities. The students will be awarded an educational fund and fourteen students can choose a university or technical institution they want to pursue their education.
Scholarship Provider: Mukuru
About the Provider
Mukuru is known to be one of the leading companies when it comes to financial services. Their platform is known in South Africa that provides cutting-edge digital innovations and payment solutions to their consumers. As one of the fintech companies, they are passionate about the development of critical services that will add more value to the lives of the community they serve.
Mukuru drives the way in Africa with regard to cash transfers and a main Cutting edge Monetary Administrations Stage that offers reasonable and dependable monetary administrations to the arising purchaser. From their establishments in view of furnishing the migrant diaspora with protected, helpful cash transfers, they developed a great many items and administrations to suit their client’s definite requirements.
The company name Mukuru means elder in the Shona language and it reflects their desire to represent a wise, trusted financial advisor in South Africa and to the communities.
They are committed to tackling issues for Africa’s arising buyers by figuring out their difficulties and requirements according to their perspective. They comprehend that they serve a local area of focused people, frequently neglected by customary monetary suppliers, who have forfeited a lot as they continued looking for valuable opportunities.
Everybody in their group is focused on improving and accelerating financial administrations for their clients, so they can assume command over their financial lives. Mukuru is made in the United Kingdom when a basic stage is planned that permits an individual in London to purchase a worldwide talk time voucher, affirmed by instant message; to associate with family in Zimbabwe. Mukuru now expands in China and has a global footprint of over 60 partnerships that will enable more than a hundred branches to provide consumers with cash-outs.
As the company continues to grow annually, they are now aiming to provide an educational journey to the people of South Africa to be able to meet their financial, career, and professional goals.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: South Africa
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Scholarship Awards: Educational Fund
- Number of Awards: 14
- Scholarship Country: South Africa
- Duration: NA
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Scholarship Eligible Field
- Software Quality Assurance
- Software Development
- Business Analysis
- Software Development Management
- Information Technology Engineers
- Software Architecture
- The applicants must be a citizen of South Africa
- Must have a complete matric
- Must be studying or admitted in the eligible program in an undergraduate degree and must be in their 1st to the third year of study.
- The students must be admitted to a full-time degree program.
- Applicants must be registered in any of the recognized or accredited universities in South Africa.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 70%
- The applicants must be able to demonstrate their financial needs.
To be able to apply for the scholarship, the students must follow the instruction below:
- eligible applicants can complete their application in an online application form provided by Mukuru.
- The application form must be completed with additional requirements needed to support the application process.
- An incomplete application will not be considered by the scholarship committee and will be automatically rejected.
- As well as late application submission.
- The applicants must write a motivational letter or be able to create a video outlining the reason why Mukuru should invest in your education and how will educational funds from Mukuru will help them achieve their goals.
- The shortlisted applicants will be notified through their registered email and be contacted for the scheduled interview.
- Personal identification proof
- Proof of eligibility
- Matric Certificates
- Official transcript of records
- Motivational Letter
- Signed reference letter
The shortlisted applicants will be notified between December 19 to January 3, 2023. Successful fourteen applicants will be announced on January 25, 2023.
Keep in mind that if Mukuru cannot contact you in three attempts the bursaries will be forfeited.
Mukuru will be awarding fourteen students and will be providing an award amounting to up to R80,000 that can be used towards the student’s tuition fee and other related expenses.
Successful students must read the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship. The award duration will be announced once the decision is final.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until December 19, 2023.