The Flemish Ministry of Education in cooperation with the Belgium Government invites international students for the applications for the Master Mind Scholarship Program for the academic year 2023-2024. The scholarship is intended for outstanding students who can demonstrate their academic excellence and aim to fulfill their master’s degree education in Belgium to promote the education system in Flanders and Brussels as one of the leading study destinations for international students.
Master Mind Scholarship
The Master Mind Scholarship will include a grant award amounting to up to €9,600 plus a tuition fee waiver per academic in a total of 60 ECTS. The scholars of the Master Mind Program will only be paying their administrative enrolment fees. The scholarship awards will be paid in installments and will cover the accommodation, insurance, and living expenses.
Keep in mind that the scholarship cannot be combined with another scholarship program in Belgium. A maximum number of 20 applications can be submitted for higher education. The scholarship duration will be in one academic year for the master’s program in 60 ECTS and two years for the master’s program in 120 ECTS.
There will be a number of scholarships will be reserved for students in certain countries such as:
- Three scholarships for Japan
- Three scholarships for Mexico
- Two scholarships for Palestine
- Five scholarships for the USA
The certain countries mentioned above will be prioritized by the Flemish Government. If the number of the scholarship is not taken then it will be awarded to the candidates with the highest rank evaluated by the Flemish selection committee.
Why Study in Flanders
Flanders, the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium, is an incredible spot to pick as your study destination. Here you find six valid justifications why learning at one of the Flemish advanced education establishments in Flanders or Brussels would be a shrewd decision: you will track down superb advanced education with a brilliant cost/quality proportion in an open and multilingual society and a financially solid district, at the core of Europe, bragging a top-notch life.
- Excellent in providing higher education, the flemish higher education institutions provide world-class quality education, all Flemish Universities appear in the top 400 at the Times Higher Education.
- Offering an excellent price or quality ratio, higher education in Belgium offers low tuition fees but provides a high-quality education.
- A multilingual and open society with three official languages spoken in the country and home to hundreds of nationalities.
- The strong economic region, Flanders has a strong, innovative, export-oriented, and globalized economy. Belgium has a pole attraction to international companies. Here, you can easily find internships and build your professional networks, and be prepared for career development and success.
- High-quality of life, which takes part of the people in Flanders in terms of the healthcare system and education.
- Flanfer is at the heart of Europe and you can find more interesting cities in the capital of Europe!
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International Students
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Any eligible areas of study
- Duration: Up to two years
- Number of Awards: 20
- Scholarship Country: Belgium
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Awards: €9,600 plus a tuition fee waiver, Insurance, Living Expenses, and Accommodation
Interested students must meet the eligibility of the scholarship before proceeding with the application process for the scholarship program.
- The applicants must be applying for the master’s degree program at the eligible Flemish Higher Education Institution.
- Must have a good academic performance
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English and meet the English language requirements for admission.
- The eligible host institutions likewise evaluate a scholastic check of the applicant’s record. The host foundation must acknowledge the student to get the scholarship program. This rule applies regardless of whether the host foundation chooses to recognize the understudy after determining the Master Mind Scholarship program.
- The candidate can be nominated by just a single Flemish higher education institution. Assuming that the candidate is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she needs to pick one Flemish higher education institution to present his/her application in the Mobility Online tool.
- All nationalities except for Russians can apply for the scholarship program.
- The students who have already been admitted or enrolled in Flemish Higher Education are not eligible to apply for the scholarship. The exception for the program is only the international students who at the time of the application are enrolled in the specific preparatory program or applying for the Spring of 21023 and starting their master’s degree program by September 2023.
List of Flemish Eligible Higher Education Institutions
- KU Leuven
- Ghent University
- University of Antwerp
- Hasselt University
- Hasselt University
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- LUCA School of Arts
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Interested students must check their eligibility for the scholarship and find the eligible institutions that participated in the scholarship.
- Must submit the application to the selected host institution.
- The host institution will pre-select the eligible candidates.
- The host institution begins the application method for the scholarship by making your application document in the Mobility-Online application tool
- Candidates will be receiving an email generated by the Mobility one tool.
- Must be able to register in the Mobile Online Tool and complete the application before the deadline of the scholarship program.
As part of the application process, the students are required to submit the following:
- Passport copy
- National ID
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of Records
- English language test results
- Letter of Motivation
- Two letters of recommendations
- Copy of Diploma
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until April 28, 2023.
- €9,600 plus a tuition fee waiver, Insurance, Living Expenses, and Accommodation