Through the provision of degree completion grants, the Universitat Hamburg provides financial assistance to its international students so that they may successfully complete their respective degrees.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Hamburg is one of the most famous educational institutions in all of Germany. It was established in 1919. The academic institution known as the Academic Gymnasium was established in 1613, which is considered to be the year that marks the beginning of the university. The university’s teaching staff consists of individuals with advanced degrees and a breadth of expertise in the respective subjects. In addition to this, distinguished lecturers from a wide range of international universities frequently visit the campus to give talks.
The University of Hamburg is able to support cutting-edge educational practices because to its cutting-edge physical facilities. On campus one can find cutting-edge laboratories, libraries, and computer labs, in addition to various types of facilities. In addition, the university is home to a number of museums as well as observatories, one of which is the Geological and Paleontological Museum. The university is organized into 8 faculties, which together provide more than 117 postgraduate and vocational programs, in addition to more than 70 undergraduate degree programs. Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Psychology and Human Movement, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics, and Natural Sciences, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Business Administration are the faculties that make up the university.
The institution now has a total enrollment of 43,636 students, with 13% of those students coming from outside the country. The university has a total staff of 13,020 people, including 675 professors and instructors. University has Nobel Prize and Leibniz Prize recipients. The majority of the teaching staff also holds membership in the European Academia and the Academy of Science and Humanities.
The University of Hamburg is recognized all over the world. The pursuit of one’s goals brings students from all over the world to this institution. The university fosters partnerships with reputable educational institutions and universities located on a variety of continents in order to carry out integrated research, facilitate student interaction, and offer study abroad opportunities. The German Federal and State Governments have acknowledged the university as a center of excellence for a variety of research strengths, including photon and nano-sciences, climate change, manuscript research, mathematics, quantum physics, astrophysics, and cosmology.
Students at the University of Hamburg are encouraged to develop in every aspect of their being. In addition to the traditional educational offerings, the university also provides a large number of options for extracurricular activities. Courts for sports, a fitness center, auditoriums, and many more modern facilities can be found on the site. On a regular basis, the campus hosts a variety of activities, including concerts, plays, dance performances, quizzes, an exhibition of fine arts, and many more. Students at the institution pick up valuable life skills and a sense of community from participating in extracurricular activities like sports and cultural organizations.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Universität Hamburg
Scholarship Country: Germany
Scholarship Worth: €9000
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The funding period for degree completion grants typically lasts for a total of six months. The most that can be contributed in funding each month is €720. The criteria that are specified in the German federal training assistance act (Bundesgesetz über individuelle Forderung der Ausbildung, or BAfoG) are utilized in the computation of the amount that will be awarded for each individual grant.
- A request for an extension can be made if the final examination is not finished within the allotted time span of six months. The maximum amount of time for funding is one year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for financial support:
- They are not citizens of Germany;
- are not qualified for BAfoG (federal student loan plan);
- are currently in the process of either finishing up their final exams or preparing for them;
- during this time you will not receive any cash support (proof required).
- In unusual circumstances, international students enrolled in degree programs that require payment of a fee may be eligible for this award; however, they will not be given preference in the selection process.
- The level of financial need is used as a criterion for selection.
Students from Mongolia, Vietnam, South Africa, and Chad are eligible to take the Bay Atlantic University’s Global Scholarship Exams. The scholarship exam is feasible thanks to the cooperation of the relevant ministries and educational partners. The goal of the scholarship is to reward and encourage deserving students who can show that they have excelled in the classroom.
The Universität Hamburg 2022 Degree Completion Grants for International Students is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit Universitat Hamburg at login.uni-hamburg.de.
- For the application periods that are relevant to you, please use the appropriate application link and log in with your STiNE ID (full instructions on how to apply online are available here (PDF)):
- Deadlines for applications are on June 1 and December 1
The following types of documentation are required for online applications:
- explanation for why you should be accepted
- a timetable that outlines all of the steps that will lead up to your final assessmen
- an assessment of the completed thesis by the advisor to the project
- Evaluation to apply for a Degree Completion Grant from the University of Hamburg Forms (PDF)
- The online application platform requires you to upload certain papers in order to proceed.
The application deadline for Universität Hamburg 2022 Degree Completion Grants for International Students Is December 1, 2022