The Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School at University College Dublin is accepting applications for GMAT EMBA scholarships. These merit-based scholarships are available to outstanding Irish residents and international candidates with a GMAT score of 700 or higher by April 29th, 2022. Scholarships are given to academically outstanding students who will serve as ambassadors for the EMBA program and the school during and after their studies. UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is Ireland’s foremost business school and research hub, offering a world-class MBA, a world-class PhD program, a wide choice of specialised Masters for both business and non-business graduates, and Executive Development courses. A university degree or a professional certificate is required for applicants.
MBA Regional Excellence Scholarships at University College Dublin are partially financed scholarships for international students. This program offers a charge reduction of up to 100%.
Multiple regional merit-based scholarships will be awarded to exceptional candidates who will be ambassadors for the UCD Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation. Cultural diversity is at the heart of the UCD Smurfit community, and to further promote this within the MBA, multiple regional merit-based scholarships will be awarded to exceptional candidates who will be ambassadors for the UCD Smurfit MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation.
The UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School’s Regional Merit Based Scholarships will be offered to excellent individuals who will serve as ambassadors for the MBA and the School during their studies and after graduation.
About the Scholarship:
University College Dublin is a renowned research-intensive university in Europe, ranking among the top 1% of higher education institutions worldwide. UCD was ranked among the best universities in the world in 38 categories in the QS World University Subject Rankings for 2021.
Its best result was in Veterinary Science, which was Ireland’s highest-ranking program in the rankings this year. Three other UCD topic areas were also ranked in the top 50, including Sports-related Subjects (34th), Library & Information Management (45th), and Petroleum Engineering (50th), which was the same as last year. In addition, the University was ranked in the top 100 in eight subject areas by QS.
Agriculture and Forestry, Archaeology, English Language & Literature, History, Nursing, Law, Politics & International Studies, and Philosophy were among the subjects studied.
In the 2021 topic rankings, 11 percent of UCD’s 38 academic disciplines improved their rankings from the previous year’s list, with 34 appearing in the top 200.
In the QS Graduate Employability Rankings, UCD was placed first in Ireland for graduate employability for the third year in a row in 2020, and 75th in the world.
With over 30,000 students from 136 countries, including around 4,000 students studying in locations outside of Ireland, UCD is Ireland’s most globally engaged institution. The UCD O’Brien Centre for Science, UCD Sutherland School of Law, UCD Lochlan Quinn School of Business, UCD Moore Centre for Business, and UCD Student Centre are all located on the university’s main Dublin campus, which spans more than 130 hectares of parkland. The campus provides students with access to a dynamic, English-speaking European capital city that is one of the safest in the world and known for its friendliness as much as its dynamism.
UCD accepts its role as Ireland’s largest university, with its tremendous strength and diversity of subjects, in contributing to the development of Ireland, Europe, and the rest of the globe. We are a university of the future, built on the traditions of the past, connected and connecting, engaged and engaging, and devoted to a sustainable future based on a healthy biosphere. The University’s 2020-2024 Rising to the Future Strategy highlights the goals and significant strategic initiatives in place to help UCD achieve its mission and vision in this era.
University College Dublin is a top research-intensive university in Europe. UCD was ranked 173rd in the world in the overall QS World University Rankings for 2022, placing it in the top 1% of universities globally. In the QS Graduate Employability Rankings, UCD was placed first in Ireland for graduate employability for the second year in a row, and 74th in the world.
Ireland’s largest university, UCD, is Ireland’s Global University. The University, which was founded in 1854, now has over 34,000 students, including over 8,000 international students from 139 countries.
Students are drawn to UCD by the quality of its teaching and research, the breadth of its program offerings (UCD offers Ireland’s most comprehensive program portfolio, which is recognized and valued by academic institutions and employers worldwide), and the holistic experience that studying at UCD provides.
The UCD O’Brien Centre for Science, UCD Sutherland School of Law, UCD Lochlan Quinn School of Business, and UCD Student Centre are among the world-class facilities on the university’s main Dublin campus, which spans 133 hectares of parkland.
In addition to New York, Beijing, Delhi, Dubai, and Kuala Lumpur, UCD has Global Centres in Beijing, Beijing, Beijing, Beijing, Beijing, Beijing, Beijing, Beijing, Beijing, Beijing, Beijing, Beijing, Beijing In the local time zone, our Global Centres provide an accessible initial point of contact for high schools, partner institutions, students, and parents.
The National Folklore Collection, which was inscribed on the UNESCO Memory of the World Register in 2017, is housed at UCD and is one of Europe’s largest collections of oral tradition and cultural history.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University College Dublin
Host Country(s): Ireland
Scholarship Worth: €6000
Study Level: Master
The MBA Regional Excellence Scholarship provides the following privileges to the recipient:
1. The scholarship amount will be taken from the student’s University fees.
2. Price: Up to a 100% reduction on tuition fees
Eligibility for Scholarship
Applicants for MBA Regional Excellence Scholarships must meet the following requirements:
1. English is a required language.
2. Eligible Countries: Any country in the world.
3. All successful international MBA applicants with a GMAT score of 600 or higher are eligible. Please note that the GMAT deadline for applicants from India and other regions is June 30, 2021.
4. Dual passport holders (i.e. US/Irish passport) are eligible to apply.
Applicants must have a ‘Offer’ or ‘Accept’ status linked with their GMAT application in order to be considered for these scholarships.
5. Only full applications received by the deadline will be considered for the scholarship.
a. Business Administration (MBA)
c. Business Studies
MBA Course Entry Requirements:
1. A university degree.
2. A minimum of three years’ quality professional experience (excluding summer placements, part-time or temporary work experience).
3. A valid score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), Full-Time MBA: preferred minimum score of 600. The average GMAT for our current MBA class is 646. Executive MBA: GMAT score of 520 or above required.
4. GMAC Executive Assessment (EA): EA score of 149 and above required. More information on the EA available here.(Please note the EA is accepted for EMBA applicants only. The current average EA score for EMBA class is 151/200).
5. For both the MBA full-time and EMBA, apart from meeting the minimum overall GMAT/EA score, candidates must also do reasonably well in the quantitative component of this test. Alternatively to the above, candidates for both the full-time and EMBA can submit a valid GRE Test Score. Indicative equivalencies are available through GRE.
6. All applicants are required to demonstrate a high level of competence in English language. An average IELTS score of 7.0 over all components and a minimum of 6.5 in each band on the Academic Version. OR A minimum score of 100 is required in the Internet based TOEFL (iTB) with minimum score 24 in Writing, and minimum score 20 in Reading, Listening and Speaking components.
The University College Dublin MBA Scholarships 2022 is open to all international students.
(1) Applicants must apply online through the UCD application system.
(2) Candidates must complete three, or in certain situations four, online essay questions:
– What will be your unique contribution to your MBA class, beyond what is listed on your curriculum vitae? (No more than 300 words)
– What is UCD Smurfit Schools’ obligation to you as an MBA student, and what is yours to the School, in your opinion? (No more than 300 words) DO NOT WRITE MORE THAN THE ALLOCATED WORD COUNT.
– What are your career goals for the next three years after your MBA? (No more than 300 words) DO NOT WRITE MORE THAN THE ALLOCATED WORD COUNT.
– Have your career ambitions, impressions of UCD Smurfit, or plans to complete an MBA changed since your last application? (No more than 300 words) Only re-applicants should fill out this form.
(3) You must upload the following supporting documents to your online application account:
1. A curriculum vitae is a document that contains information on a person’s
2. Official GMAT score record or confirmation of GMAT exam date.
3. Official IELTS/TOEFL test report or proof of IELTS/TOEFL exam date (if applicable).
4. Certified copies of official final transcripts of degrees and/or professional credentials (degree certificates are not normally required but may be requested).
5. If you are self-employed, two completed MBA Recommendation Forms from current or previous employers or clients. Prior to submission, these must be signed by hand and scanned to ensure authenticity. The completed recommendation form can be emailed to email@example.com by your referee.
6. Use the Kira platform through the UCD application portal to complete a short video appraisal portion (applicable to Full-time MBA only).
These scholarships do not have their own application process. All successful MBA and Executive MBA applicants are automatically considered. On a rolling basis, applications are reviewed. Exceptional candidates may be awarded scholarships before the deadline. It is suggested that you apply as soon as possible.
The application deadline for the University College Dublin MBA Scholarships 2022 is April 29th, 2022