The University of Milan is welcoming all international students who are eligible to apply for the university’s newcomer ‘excellence scholarships’. These scholarships are strictly for international students only that may have just been accepted or sent in admission to the University of Milan.
The admission calls for three-year and single-cycle master’s degree courses have been published and admissions are open for free access master’s degree courses for the academic year 2022/2023.
The admission notices contain:
Admission requirements involve all dates, programs, methods, and locations for carrying out the verification tests or admission tests required for all three-year and single-cycle courses (both open and scheduled) number of places available for restricted access courses, indications for candidates with disabilities or SLD, information on the rankings for restricted access courses, enrollment procedures, and information about transfers.
All students will need to consult the announcements of the courses of that student’s interest in the summary sheets of the courses, in the Admission and Enrollment section.
Undergraduate programs that are available for international students to apply to:
- Animal Production
- Artificial Intelligence
- Audiometric Techniques
- Audioprosthetic Techniques
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Laboratory Techniques
- Cardiocirculatory and Cardiovascular Perfusion Techniques
- Breeding and welfare of companions animals
- Childhood neuro and psycomotricity
- Chemical safety and Toxicological Environmental Sciences
- Computer Science for New Media Communications
- Dental Hygiene
- Development and Protection of Mountain Environment
- Environment and Workplace Prevention Techniques
- Food science and technology
- Exercise, Sport and Health Sciences
- Foreign Languages and Literature
- Herbal Sciences and Technologies
- Imaging and Radiotherapy Techniques
- International Studies and European Institutions (SIE)
- Management of organization and labor (MOL)
Medicine and Surgery – San Paolo Hospital Location
- Music Information Science
- Neurophysiopathology Techniques
- Pediatric Nursing
- Production and Protection of Plants and Green Areas
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Techniques
- Science and Technology for Studying and Preserving the Cultural Heritage and Information Storage Media
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Studies in Cultural Heritage
- Veterinary Medicine
- Sustainable agricolture
- Viticulture and Enology
All of the above undergraduate programs are available for newcomer college freshmen and all are available to international students that choose one of these field studies to focus their first year around.
- Applicants must be international student that has never attended the University of Milan, Italy before.
- All applicants will need to sign up for admission or receive an acceptance letter when applying for the ‘excellence scholarship.’
- Only the best academically inclined international students will be chosen since this scholarship is based on academic merit.
- All students will need to send over their transcripts from high school along with the scholarship application.
The students who apply must be extremely academically talented. This will be the most sought-after priority.
All international students are applicable to apply however, there are specifically listed scholarships designed only for students from Syria, Niger, Nigeria, and Cameroon.
All applicants will need to show proof of identity which can be provided by a birth certificate or national I.D. The next step for all applicants is that they should call the contact number to ask about student permits. Because in some cases with refugee status, a student would not need a student visa right away they would be considered protected under Italian law.
The real official document student would need to send in is their transcripts from prior education.
How to Apply
Students can actually choose from multiple scholarships within the ‘excellence scholarships’ list to apply to. For example, the UNICORE 4.0 – University Corridors for Refugees scholarship works with only students from Cameroon, Niger, or Nigeria who are working towards a Master’s degree in the English language.
Another example is the Monastery of Mar Musa scholarship which works with two students from Syria and provided up to 6,000 euros and a free tuition education.
The best way and only way to apply is through the University of Milan’s online application portal. If a student falls into any of the categories or lives in a country that is listed on the website, they can immediately apply for that scholarship.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The University of Milan has around 60 plus scholarships worth €6,000 each. Not only will students receive that amount but the student can also expect to be exempt from all tuition fees. So that means pretty much attending the first year of college for free.
The official deadline date is May 30, 2022. There is no other deadline date available and this has been the solid deadline date for a few years now.
There have been delayed deadline dates in the past so it is best to be reassured to check back with the University website frequently for any changes.
If a student sends in an incomplete application or has incomplete scores on their transcripts the student will be deemed not qualified and referred to either the shortlist (where students will need to be interviewed before commencing further) or told that they do not fit the criteria for this scholarship.
All potential students should check to see if their academic scores fit with the reward score field presented in the ‘reward’ section.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is from January – to May 30, 2022. Which gives a decent open window time frame of 5 months. Students will need to check the website of the University of Milan to ensure that they have the required materials needed to send in the application.
All selected applicants will receive a letter or an e-mail by June 2022 signifying that they have won the scholarship award. Students may receive a different notification if they have been shortlisted.
This is an annual scholarship that chooses multiple students to become recipients for the academic year.
However, all students should understand that each scholarship is subject to any date change. The website link provided should be checked frequently to see if any important dates have been changed or delayed.
If students have excess questions that have not been answered on the website for the University they should use the contact phone that is presented in the contact section of this page. That is the surest way to be able to receive a quick answer.