The application for the 2023 Youth Water Scholarship Program is ongoing!
We select Young Water Fellows through an open call for applications based on criteria including innovation, impact, feasibility, business potential, and candidate leadership potential.
To apply successfully, read this article to learn all the details about this award: eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. The table below will give you an overview of what to expect.
About the Young Water Scholarship
Are you a youngster with an idea of how to tackle water and sanitation issues in Bangladesh? The Youth Water Grant empowers young leaders to become social entrepreneurs, providing solutions to water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) issues in their communities.
YGAP Bangladesh has partnered with Young Water Solutions to launch the first edition of its flagship Young Water Fellowship in Bangladesh (YWFBD) program. The program works with young leaders and their teams to develop new or existing social businesses. The objective is to improve social or environmental conditions, incorporate gender equality and reduce youth unemployment at the local level.
In addition to that, addressing SDG no. Goal 6: Drinking water and sanitation for all is also part of the mission. The YWFBD program offers participants a full year of support consisting of training, funding for their initiatives, and ongoing mentoring from subject matter experts during the implementation of a pilot project.
Young Water Scholarship Benefits
Selected fellows attend two week-long boot camps run by local and international incubators. Upon completion, fellows will have a viable business model to address a water or sanitation problem, ready to be piloted.
After the boot camps, the interns can apply for funding of up to €5,000 to test their business models for 6 months.
Orientation and tutorial
During the pilot implementation, the fellows will receive continuous training and one-on-one mentoring from experts. They will also be connected to the WASH business community nationally and internationally.
Who is eligible for the Young Water Fellowship?
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of application. Although other members of your team may be over 30 years old.
- You must be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to solving water, sanitation, or hygiene problem in your country.
- The initiative must be in its planning or initial stages. First, it must have the ability to become a social enterprise (ie have a long-term sustainability component or business model). The initiative may already be a social enterprise or a project with a sustainability component that will allow it to continue operating in the long term. Traditional and time-limited projects are also accepted. However, applicants must be willing to turn them into a social enterprise during the training and add elements that make the initiatives self-sustaining.
- The Young Water Fellow must intend to stay in Bangladesh for at least 1.5 years after the training. It is also a requirement to spend at least 15 hours a week working on your social business.
- Scholars are required to attend two one-week boot camps in November 2022 and February 2022* (exact dates TBC).
- We will organize the boot camps in English. If you work as part of a team, it may be worth proposing an English-speaking team member to be the intern. Therefore, having at least an intermediate knowledge of English is a requirement.
- It is not a requirement that your company is already registered or has started operations.
Click on the BUTTON below to apply.
Deadline for application
The deadline for the submission of this program has not yet been announced.