Established as an initiative of Nokia Oyj in August 1995, the Nokia Foundation promotes and supports scientific development and education throughout Finland’s information and telecommunications technology sectors. Multidisciplinary research in these areas, in addition to approaches from other scientific fields, such as social, behavioral, business, and service sciences, are also highly valued.
To help achieve its mission, the Foundation offers annual grants and awards to the most qualified applicants. Decisions are made by the Foundation’s Board Members, which include representatives from both Finnish universities and Nokia.
Nokia Foundation is an independent foundation according to the Law about foundations in Finland. Nokia Visiting Professor Scholarships, 2022 is a Partial Funding international scholarship offered by the Nokia Foundation for international students.
The Nokia Foundation Visiting Professor scholarship/grant is a high award to be awarded to a single individual. Let along with a professor who will be able to have their research published if they have not before. The Visiting Professor award will be honored by past alumni that have gone to become Nobel Prize Winners to world-known philosophers and professors.
Also, when an individual wins the Visiting Professor scholarship/grant they are automatically entered into the Nokia Foundation recognition Awards. The recognition, which is presented to individuals working in Finland or globally, carries with it a 10,000 euro monetary prize. In addition to the financial award, Nokia Foundation promotes and facilitates the visibility of the awardee and the achievement.
- Must be a teacher in education (can be a teacher that teaches any subject just as long as the individual is a teacher)
- Must apply through the Nokia Foundation Finland website provided, and most be willing to travel to Finland
- Typically, professors are adults and it is expected that no one under 21 years of age enters this scholarship
- All international professors are welcome to apply – no restrictions
- Applicants must not have a criminal record
- The applicants should be able to prove and scan their degree or certificate providing their professorship career
- The applicants should have published research or soon-to-be-published research available to view
- Applicants will need to be able to receive a type of teaching visa that is available in Finland and the United States to give lectures and possible classes
- Both male and female individuals can apply for this scholarship/grant opportunity
It should be noted that international applicants (not from Finland) are expected to participate in research work, collaborate with Finnish companies, and give lectures.
Professors who enter this scholarship/grant as expected to have all of their legal and official documents ready when applying. This especially goes for international professors who are not natives of Finland. In doing so, these professors will need to scan their degrees/certificates stating they are a professor.
Along with scanning their passport and national I.D. or licsense. Individuals will need to provide a number of other official documents and research papers to win this scholarship/grant. Professors need to share a research subject that may have been published before or will soon be published.
No matter what subject a professor may teach, they will need to show their approach to the subject they teach. Since the winners will be giving lectures, they will need to show a certain type of leadership, along with an idealistic point of view to change the world for the better.
How to Apply
The best way to apply for this scholarship would be to:
- Students should check first if this Nokia Visiting Professor scholarship is suitable for them.
- Then click on the online application that is provided on the website link that is provided on this page.
- All students should be sure to identify which deadline date works best for them. Since there are four total dates throughout the 2022 year, that has yet to pass. It should be fairly simple to pick out which one works best for each professor.
- Also, the professor who is applying should know that they need to have a degree and certificate that states they are a professor within any diverse subject.
- There are no specific subject requirements other than being a professor.
- Each individual needs to go through the checklist that is provided on the website link provided.
- Only the individual who wishes to apply can apply themselves, no one else can apply for another individual. Any scholarship application that this happens with and has incorrect information will be dismissed immediately and notified that they will not be entered for this scholarship.
Reward – Extra Benefits
This Conferences & Travel Grants scholarship can be taken for pursuing Diverse subjects. Deadline varies is the deadline to send applications for Nokia Visiting Professor Scholarships, 2019. The value of the scholarship is €5,000. This scholarship is looking for applicants that are based out of Finland (for foreign professors) and Finnish professors from other foreign universities.
The full duration of the Nokia Visiting Professor Scholarships is a total of 60 days or 2 months.
This scholarship/grant award will only cover travel costs that may come up. This will happen since the recipient who will be chosen as the winner will need to travel to give lectures to over universities and especially to universities in the United States.
This scholarship/grant is considered a partial funding opportunity.
This scholarship/grant has four separate deadline date turnovers available:
- One is on March 13, 2022
- The second deadline is on May 29, 2022
- The third deadline is on August 7, 2022
- The fourth deadline is on November 13, 2022
It looks as if these deadline dates have changed multiple times in the past, so it is best that individuals contact the information provided to check. Or check in with the website multiple times before submitting an application.
Open Submission Time Frame
There are four different open submission time frames available:
- January 2022 – March 2022
- March 2022 – May 2022
- May 2022 – August 2022
- August 2022 – November 2022
Since deadlines have changed before, this means that the open submission window time frame is subject to change as well. Individuals should always check the website before submitting their application, in case of any deadline date and open submission window time changes.
This is a four times a semester scholarship that has four different deadline dates available. Yes, this is an annual scholarship that has several different dates available when to submit an application.