The Holland Scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in the Netherlands.
This particular scholarship just so happens to be financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
- This scholarship is only for non-EEA students. EEA students will not be regarded as receiving this scholarship.
- Must be applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s program at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- Must meet all of the specific requirements of the institution the student has been accepted to.
- All applicants must not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
- This must be an international student’s first time applying and receiving a scholarship for the Netherlands.
Here are the accredited universities as students can apply to and then be applicable to apply for this scholarship:
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University
- Protestant Theological University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Driestar educatief
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
The grant/scholarship is only awarded to one student per year. This is also not a renewable scholarship that the same student can apply for over and over.
Students must understand that this is a government-funded grant/scholarship and if they decided to drop out or change institutions they will lose this scholarship.
How to Apply
The only way to apply is by being sent an acceptance of admission letter from one of the listed accredited universities. From there the student can actively apply for this scholarship through the accredited universities that they have chosen to be the institution where they will carry out their studies.
This is not a full-tuition scholarship however, in the student’s first year they will receive €5,000 for the reward amount.
The application round for the academic year 2022-2023 will open on November 1, 2021. The deadline for application is either February 1, 2022, or May 1, 2022. This depends on if the student is applying for the Spring semester or the Fall semester.
This is a twice-annual scholarship that is awarded to the chosen student when each academic semester passes by.