Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship is now open for application for the academic year of 2022-2023 offered for Arab Students to fulfill their education in the Netherlands. The scholarship is to encourage students from Arab countries to pursue their education at a master’s degree level and get the right knowledge and skills for their future career plans.
Scholarship Provider: Lutfia Rabbani Foundation
About the Provider
Lutfia Rabbani Foundation is a nonprofit private organization that promotes the Euro-Arab relationship through helping students towards their education, exploring cultures, and dialogues. The foundation believes that dialogue is essential for people to unleash their passion, wisdom, and creativity. The fates of people in Europe and in the Arab world are intertwined politically, economically, and socially.
Both regions face challenges and opportunities due to the same causes. The foundation firmly believes that through facilitated dialogue, people can fully harness the potential of their diversity and find common ground: shared solutions and shared opportunities.
The Father of the Foundation Mahmoud Rabbani, a Palestine refugee who got the chance to further his education in the Netherlands through a scholarship offer. To give back the opportunity he receive in the Netherlands, he created a foundation that implements missions in three channels:
- Dialogue Platform
About Lutfia Rabbani Foundation Scholarship
The scholarships offered by this foundation are intended for postgraduate students to enhance their educational experience and promote cross-cultural cooperation from Europe to Arab countries.
On September 15, 2021, the foundation renewed its partnership with Leiden University. This reaffirms the commitment of the two organizations to support outstanding talent from the Middle East and North Africa region and underscores the importance of international scholarship as a tool to promote Euro-Arab dialogue.
It will support students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and strong motivation to promote Euro-Arab dialogue. The fund provides an annual full scholarship for a master’s degree from an Arab country to attend a master’s program at Leiden University.
In addition, the scholarship is complemented by a mentoring program that offers scholarship holders a personal and professional orientation and also allows access to the foundation’s wide and diverse network and platforms.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Masters Degree
- Field: Any eligible courses offered by Leiden University
- Duration: 1 Year
- University: Leiden University
- Country of Scholarship: Netherlands
- Scholarship Awards: €30,000
- Numbers of Awards: NA
The Scholarship will be opened for the students from the following countries:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
The scholarship will be open to students in the Arab country who have already received an official letter of acceptance for a one-year master’s degree program at Leiden University.
Interested applicants who can be eligible for the scholarship program must be able to apply through an online portal provided by the foundation. Students must be able to complete the application process and attach all required documents that can support the application process and review of the applicants.
Required Documents for Application
- Complete Application Forms
- Motivation Letter
- Purpose Statements
- Curriculum vitae
- Passport copy
- Transcript of records
- Academic diploma
- Two References
- Budget, students can use the budget template provided by the foundations.
- Detailed program outlining the master’s study that is intended to pursue at the university.
- Only students who have already received a letter of acceptance at Leiden University will be considered.
- The application form can be downloaded at the provided portal of the foundations.
- Application forms must be completed and signed.
- Documents should be completed to be considered, all incomplete submissions will not be considered by the foundation.
- Students can submit any questions or concerns to [email protected]
The scholarship committee will be reviewing the applicants based on the following criteria:
- Academic Excellence
- Financial Need
- Motivations relevant to the foundation’s promotion in Euro-Arab goals
- Personal Growth, evaluation of the contribution that the proposed field of study will make to the candidate’s further academic and professional development and/or potential for impact in the local context.
The scholarship will be providing a maximum amount of €30,000 that can be used towards the student’s educational expenses.
The awardee may be able to choose to have the award cover the tuition fee expenses that the foundation can directly send to the university or it can be used towards the awardee’s living expenses. Choosing to use the award for the living expenses will generally be paid by the foundation in four terms.
The scholarship can only cover one academic year. The recipient of the award can apply for the next academic year, but the application system may change prior to the foundation’s scholarship guidelines.
The foundation will not guarantee that the scholarship awards can also be received for the next academic year upon re-application.
Scholarship Terms and Condition
- Once the scholarship is awarded and accepted, the signed requirements form will be considered a legal contract between the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and the Leiden University Foundation, the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation scholarship holder.
- A semi-annual report on the study program is required with a list of grades achieved so far.
Within two months of completing the course, the student must submit a report on his or her experience on the Foundation’s Board of Directors. The Foundation’s Board of Directors reserves the right to edit reports for communication purposes.
The deadline to submit application forms and required documents wil be until March 31, 2022. The foundation will be evaluating all the applications after the scholarship application deadline and will be announcing the decision by early May.
LRF Scholarship will be offered annually by the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation.