Maastricht University (UM) is offering Holland-High Potential financing for shining students in the Netherlands. These open doors are planned for phenomenal students from outside the European Association/European Financial Region (EU/EEA) who wish to do a master’s degree program at Maastricht University.
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships of €30,000 (counting educational expense waiver and a stipend monthly) every academic year for highly skilled students from outside the European Association (EU) who have been confessed to a master’s degree program at UM.
The Scholarship program comprises both the High Potential Scholarship (subsidized by the Maastricht University Scholarship Asset), and the Holland Scholarship, which is supported by the Dutch Service of Training, Culture, and Science related to Dutch universities and applied sciences. It is focused on international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree program in the Netherlands.
Scholarship Provider: Maastricht University
About the Provider
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with almost 22,000 students and 4,400 representatives, is as yet developing. The university separates itself with its creative education model, international person, and a multidisciplinary way to deal with research and education.
Because of its high-quality research and education, as well as areas of strength for an on-friendly commitment, UM has in practically no time fabricated a strong standing. Today, it is viewed as perhaps of the best youthful university all around the globe. Research at UM is transdisciplinary and interdisciplinary in nature. It is roused by contemporary social issues and tries to add to its answers. To this end, researchers not just help out partners from different disciplines and UM resources, yet additionally with Dutch and international organizations and businesses. Their research is likewise incorporated with education at each level.
Maastricht’s not entirely settled by its set of experiences, area, and individuals who live and work here. Maastricht University’s research mirrors this and is focused on four subjects: Personal satisfaction, Learning and Development, Europe in a Globalizing World, and Manageability and Circularity. A portion of the issues that fall under these topics is sound maturing, environmental change, segment changes, the effect of innovative turns of events, maturing populaces, solid and reasonable food, and the European coordination process.
As a feature of the Dutch and international academic local area, Maastricht University has earnestly enlisted in the public drive to reclassify the acknowledgment and systematic rewards for academics. Before very long, the university will guarantee that academics are esteemed in a fair manner for their errands as a whole.
Maastricht University is focused on a comprehensive culture, to a climate that is open and available to everybody. Where academic citizenship is essential for what their identity is and it is perceived and compensated. Where all students and staff feel at ease. Furthermore, where graduated class are really individuals from the local area, in the Netherlands, and all around the globe.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Any eligible field offered by the university
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Duration: Up to 2 months
- Scholarship Country: Netherlands
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the following eligibility:
- You hold ethnicity in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the prerequisites for getting a passage visa and home grant for the Netherlands.
- You don’t hold a twofold ethnicity from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a taking an interest full-time master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- You meet the particular confirmation prerequisites of the UM master program to which you have applied.
- You have never taken part in a degree-chasing higher education program in the Netherlands. Students who have finished trade programs in the Netherlands are free to apply.
- Not older than 35 at the time of application.
- You have acquired brilliant outcomes during your earlier education programs, excellence. Assuming a few candidates are similarly qualified, UM will give inclination to candidates whose academic record or guaranteed letter of academic greatness exhibit that they are among the top 5% of the 2023-2024 scholarship program candidates.
Keep in mind that this scholarship is very competitive and only 2% of the applicants will be awarded.
- The students must be registered in the online application platform provided by Maastricht University. Once the application has been submitted, the student’s number must be kept in order to complete and submit all the applications needed.
- Fill out the application form needed and complete the necessary documents needed to support the application.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation.
As part of the application process, the students must submit the following:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae must contain relevant information about experience and education.
- Updated Letter of Motivation
- Proof of Academic Excellence
- Official Transcript of Records
- Letter of the institution signed by the Head of the Department or the Registrar outlining that you are one of the top 20 students in your graduating year of the study program.
- Reference contact details
- The referee relationship to the applicants, eg; employer, thesis supervisors, and professors. Keep in mind that the family members are not qualified as a reference.
- Reference telephone number
- Institution or work email address.
The Maastricht University will be providing the following to successful students:
- Living expenses amounting to up to €12,350 for 13 months and €23,750 for 25 months.
- Health insurance coverage of €700
- Visa application fee of €207
- Training cost
- Tuition fee
The successful students must agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until February 1, 2023. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.