The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships worth €29,000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s program at UM.
- Applicants must hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland and Surinam.
- All applicants have to meet all the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- The applicant must have already have applied for admission to a full-time master at the university for the 2022-2023 academic year. Otherwise students can not apply if they have not.
- Applicants must have never before participated in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Otherwise that student’s application will be disqualified.
- Students cannot be older than 35 years of age when applying.
- All applicants have to show supreme academic excellence grades with their transcript or certified by academic certificates.
- Applicants must be international students only
This is a highly competitive scholarship where only 24 students will receive a full tuition scholarship. This means that only 2% of applicants are actually picked to receive this scholarship.
Depending on what the student has chosen as a field study and program, students who are attending the one year or 13 month program can apply for this scholarship. Along with student who are taking the 25 month program.
How to Apply
Students must register for one of the master programs available from the university. Afterwards students need to be accepted into that program before applying for the scholarship.
Only these programs are available for this scholarship:
- Advanced Master Cybersecurity, Privacy, Data Management
- Advanced Master Intellectual Property Law & Knowledge
- Arts & Culture
- BioBased Materials
- Business Research
- Dutch Law
- Digital Economics
- European Studies
- Global Health
- Mental Health
- Systems Biology
- and many more are available on the website
Individuals need to register an account to start filling out the scholarship application.
Students will need these official documents ready:
- Letter of Motivation – Generic letters of admission that do not directly address a students motivation for UM Holland-High Potential scholarship selection will be rejected.
- Proof of academic excellence
- Personal statement of financial needs – student should identify why they would benefit from this scholarship based on their financial needs
- Reference letter
- Contact details of one referee – the university thoroughly checks to see what the relationship is between the reference individual and the student
Students who are selected will have living expenses, health & liability insurance, visa applications fees, tuition fees, and per-academic training costs covered by the university
The UM International Services Desk will inform all candidates of their application status in April 2022.
The deadline is February 1, 2022. This has changed to accommodate new country measures since the pandemic, but this is the most current deadline time frame.
This is an annual university scholarship that picks 24 students per year to receive. Although students need to check the website often to see when or if the deadline date ends up extending longer into the 2022 school year.