The Visegrad Scholarship Program allows students who are within the Visegrad region to apply and apply to different higher education institutions. For example, to attend Belarus as a higher education institution location the students will need to be from one of these countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, or Ukraine.
Students that are accepted will be notified about 50 days after the deadline date of March 15th, 2023. This is the quickest option. And students will be notified based on the contact information that they gave during their scholarship program application time.
The Visegrad scholarship is presented by the Visegrad Foundation. The foundation works with civil society organizations by prompting exchange programs within Central Europe to promote ideas and civilized relations by helping students to move throughout and explore new territory.
The foundation was established back in the year 2000. The establishment was able to happen because of the governments of the Visegrad Group countries – Czechia, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia. The Fund follows the vision of President Vaclav Havel, President Lech Wałęsa and Prime Minister József Antall.
- Students from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, and Ukraine are available to apply for this Visegrad scholarship program.
- Any student from Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, and Ukraine is welcome to study in Belarus during this scholarship programs duration.
- A student must be in the Master’s program to Post-Master’s program status, of their degree level.
- The student’s employment situation or main office must be at least 150 km or further for this student.
Required documents needed from Master level students will include:
- A valid I.D. document
- A letter of acceptance from the host college the student has been accepted to attend
- A diploma scanned, or a scanned academic transcript that shows the last two semesters
For a Post-Master’s level student:
- A valid I.D. document
- A letter of acceptance from the university and a detail outline working plan
Since the students who will be applying should be employed as well, there will be additional employment information that is needed when applying for this scholarship program.
How to Apply
The ultimate and exact way to submit a correct application is to submit through the online portal or via My Visegrad by March 15, 2023.
As of right now this is the only way to apply and online is the only way to apply. Students must not sent as a physical application papers to the foundation headquarters, the application will be rejected if sent in that way.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The amount of €2,500 will go towards paying off tuition or program fees that may not have been paid by the student as of yet. If the student has paid the fees, then the amount will go towards another avenue such as transportation or monthly fees.
The amount of €2,500 will go towards scholars, while the amount of €1,500 will go towards semester for the host institution.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline date to submit the application is March 15, 2023. There is no other extended deadline date available or shown on the website.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is before March 15, 2023. It is suggested that the open window is from January 1, 2023 to March 15, 2023. This time frame is when students may apply for the Visegrad scholarship program.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is currently an annual scholarship option. This is not a renewable source for students during their Master’s and Post-Master degree level studies. They will have to find a different scholarship option after they have completed the duration of this Visegrad program.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.