International students are welcome to apply for the Maastricht University Brightlands Talent Scholarship, Netherlands 2022-23. The scholarship covers master’s level programs at Maastricht University in the field of All Subjects. The scholarship deadline is February 1, 2022.
About the provider:
Maastricht University (UM) is known for its innovative teaching methods and global viewpoint. With nearly 16,000 students and 4,000 employees, UM provides a diverse range of academic programs, all of which are geared to help individuals achieve their full potential. UM is easily the most international institution in the Netherlands, with about 52 percent of our students and more than 30 percent of our faculty from from other countries. The majority of our programs are taught in English, and research and instruction are heavily influenced by European and worldwide issues. This fosters an international environment that is appealing to both Dutch and international students and employees.
Maastricht University will provide selected students with living expenses ranging from €11,400 to €22,800, as well as €192 to pay visa application fees, health and liability insurance, and tuition fees at current rates.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- You are a national of a country that is not a member of the European Union, the European Economic Area, or Switzerland, and you meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and a residence permit in the Netherlands.
- You are not a dual citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland.
- You have never enrolled in a higher education program in the Netherlands that leads to a degree. Applicants who have participated in exchange programs in the Netherlands are encouraged to apply.
- You will not be 35 years old on September 1, 2022.
- You promise to become an active Brightlands and UM ambassador during and after your studies by pledging to share your experiences with students and/or other stakeholders during at least one (information) session.
- You have been accepted (conditionally) to one of the participating one-year master’s programs at UM for the academic year 2022-2023.
Step 1: Enroll in one of the master’s programs at UM that are participating.
- Please consult the webpage for your prospective program for further information on how to register for a master’s degree at UM. You will receive a UM student ID number once you have submitted your application via Studielink. To complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form, you will need a student number (see Step 2 below).
- Please note that the UM Brightlands Talent Scholarship is only available to students enrolled in the master’s programs listed above.
- Please note that you can apply for both the master’s program and the scholarship at the same time. To be considered for a scholarship, you must first be conditionally accepted into your master’s program.
Please note that if your study program requires you to pay a handling charge as part of the admissions process, the UM International Services Desk will not reimburse you. By February 1, 2022, you must pay any handling fees that your program may need. Please check your program’s webpage under the menu tab ‘Admission requirements’ to see if a handling charge is required for admission.
Step 2: Complete the application form by logging in with your UM account.
Submit your application after uploading the following documents in.doc,.docx, or PDF format. Please keep in mind that you will only be allowed to submit your application once, so make sure all of your documents and referee contact information are current. If you apply to numerous UM study programs, the UM International Services Desk will make sure that your entire scholarship application is considered for all qualifying programs for which you have a conditional or approved admissions status.
- A reference letter
- Personal statement of financial needs
- Proof of academic excellence
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- The contact details of one referee
The last date to apply for the Maastricht University Brightlands Talent Scholarship, Netherlands 2022-23 is 1st Feb 2022.