The University of Konstanz aims to promote the abilities of exceptional international youth researchers and to provide assistance to their educational journey to pursue their higher education in Germany for the academic year of 2023-2024, the University offers the ZukunftskollegHerz Fellowships.
The ZukunftskollegHerz Fellowships will award young researchers in Latin America, Asia, and Africa who undertake their postdoctoral degree studies in Germany and will be admitted at the University of Konstanz. The students must have completed their studies outside the country of Germany to be able to be considered for the fellowship. The fellowship award is one of the prestigious awards offered by the university which also covers the student’s stipends amounting to up to €2,000, roundtrip airfare tickets and accommodation, and more related educational awards to further their Ph.D. degree in Germany.
In 2020, the University of Konstanz won the Henriette Herz Award sent off by the Alexander-von-Humboldt-Stiftung to advance the dynamic enlistment of brilliant worldwide early profession researchers and back their integrations into the German and worldwide academic local area.
The Zukunftskolleg Liason Boards will be qualified for name competitors. To effectively distinguish the best applicants from all disciplines, all professors of the University of Konstanz, forthcoming Humboldt Scouts, Konstanz graduated class diplomats, and accomplices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America are urged to make ideas for the Internal Liason Board. Recommendations from outside researchers should connect up with a nearby host (an employee from one of the divisions of the University of Konstanz who works in a comparative research field) that can go about as a coach during the nearby research stay.
Scholarship Provider: University of Konstanz
About the University
The University of Konstanz is a university in the city of Konstanz situated in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The university was established in 1966 and later opened its primary grounds on the Gießberg. The university is presently positioned 558th in Best Worldwide Colleges and 541-550 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
The University of Konstanz is a highly engaged and committed organization of education. It has separated itself through its high-level research, greatness in educating and studies, internationality, and interdisciplinary joint effort. This research-situated change university tends to address and flow future social difficulties through its research and study programs.
The change principle is likewise reflected in the organization and the association of the University of Konstanz: unique elements are the administrations, principles, and accomplishments in the space of equivalent chance for ladies and men as well as family support: from the university’s own Kinderhaus (childcare focus) to its Code of education on Orientation Uniformity, through which the university concedes to orientation balance and family-friendly in all levels and areas.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: African, Latin America, and Asia
- Degree Level: PhD
- Field: Any eligible course offered by the University
- Scholarship Awards: Monthly Stipend, Accommodation, Roundtrip ticket, and more
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Country: Germany
- Duration: Up to four months
- Renewable: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested students must meet the eligibility of the scholarship:
- The candidates must be educated and currently working in Asia, Latin America, and Africa.
- The candidates must be holding a Ph.D. degree maximum of two years degree granted after March 15, 2021, or must be Ph.D. degree students in their final year.
- Must not be holding a permanent professorship, habitations, or equivalent to the qualification.
- The Ph.D. candidates must be able to attend a university in Asia, Latin America, and Africa.
- Keep in mind that the research project proposal must be able to fit in one of the 13th disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
To apply for the fellowship, the eligible applicants must be able to complete their proposal and application forms to [email protected]
The application procedure must be able to be completed before submitting it on the official contact email of the provider. It is important to read the nomination procedure of the university. Failure to follow the procedure with an incomplete documents submission will not be considered and wil be automatically rejected.
Note: The application documents must be submitted in PDF form and translated into the English language.
As part of the application procedure, the candidates must be able to complete and submit the following:
- Proposal- the proposal must include a short nomination letter of a maximum of one page by the local host. The nomination letter must be submitted in a PDF file.
- Motivation Letter by the nominated students, maximum of one page.
- A joint research project in 300 words.
- Short summary of the outgoing research projects maximum of 3 pages which also includes the reference.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates- must be relevant to the fellowship awards, Ph.D. certificates, or a letter from a supervisor.
All required materials must be completed to be considered for the evaluation of the scholarship committee. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
The University of Konstanz will be providing the following assistance to the successful fellows.
- Research stay for 3 months with an allowable time of up to four months, the commencement period will be on September 15, 2023, to October 15, 2023.
- A living stipend during the research stays amounting to up to €1,200 per month for the doctoral study and an amount of €2,000 per month for the postdoctoral students.
- An economy class roundtrip airfare ticket to Germany back to their home country.
- An opportunity to be a part of the events which was organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- An access career kit offers such Academic Staff Developments, International Office, Research Support, and Open Science.
- A range of access to the IT Services and the University Library.
- The fellows will also benefit from a digital affiliation which extends to a total period of up to 12 months, amounting to up to €900 lump sum.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until March 15, 2023.