Vrije Amsterdam University is an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880. We offer over 170 English-taught programmes at Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral level in several fields of interest. With over 26,000 students, of which more than 4,0000 are international, we conduct cutting-edge research into problems of societal and scientific importance.
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) offers talented prospective non- EU/ EEA students the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. VU Amsterdam has committed to providing approximately 1 million euros towards attracting highly motivated and excellent students.
- Only available to students who intend to start a Master’s program near or on September 1, 2022.
- Applicants will need to take an English profiencey test to pass the required criteria background needed.
- Must be a student who holds a non-EU/ EEA passport
- The applicant must also not be eligible for financial aid
- The international students applying can not have Dutch ancestor or be a Dutch native
- Students must prove their GPA and their test scores by photo coping and sending in their transcripts
- Student must show that they have either sent in admission to the university or have been accepted
The VUFP scholarship can be granted for a one or two-year Master’s program. Students should note that they will receive an email deciding whether or not they have been chosen from their application. The deadline is in December and that following Feburary the winner will be announced.
All applicants need to have their proof of excellence, test scores, merit awards, and everything ready to submit as a photo copy in with the application.
How to Apply
The applicants can be studying any field as long as they are attending a higher degree program for earning their Master’s.
When applying for this scholarship, students can automatically apply for another at the same time.
The Holland Scholarship Program is a contribution towards the costs of living. It is 5.000 EUR or 10.000 EUR for the entire duration of your study period.
- The HSP scholarship is awarded only for the first year of your study programme. You will not receive the HSP scholarship for the second year of your studies even if you are following a two-year study programme.
- We have around 20- 25 HSP scholarships available. Only a few of the VUFP awardees will get the HSP scholarship.
Applicantions can only be applied once, there will be no room to edit and return to fix an application. This is why students need to be thorough when reviewing their application before submitting to be judged.
The PDF application to download is available on the universities website.
The university scholarship only covers tuition fees. There are no allowance fees included with this award. It is highly suggested that students will need to be financing their own living expenses with a job or a loan.
The deadline is December 15, 2022 to be eligible for the 2023 school year.
This is an annual scholarship from this university. This scholarship can be re-newed by the same student.