Max Planck Institute Luxembourg for International, European, and Regulatory Procedural Law is pleased to announce the Max Planck Luxembourg Ph.D. The scholarship is an opportunity for outstanding doctoral students who want to pursue their research in International Law for 2023-2024. The scholarship is to promote academic exchange and study for international students, also designed to provide assistance and encourage them to be committed to making significant in Law study.
The Ph.D. International Students must demonstrate their passion for research and dedication to advancing their knowledge, Max Planck Institute Luxembourg for International, European, and Regulatory Procedural Law believes that the student’s work has the potential to make a significant impact on society, and the institute is committed to helping achieve your goals.
The Max Planck Institute Luxembourg has established a framework to support the research activities of young scholars, especially foreign doctoral candidates. To assist these scholars in advancing their research, the Institute is offering a limited number of scholarships that enable them to conduct research at the Institute for a period of up to six months. These scholarships are awarded through a competitive application process, which is announced each year within a specific timeframe. Aspiring applicants are encouraged to apply during the designated period only.
Scholarship Provider: Max Planck Institute Luxembourg
About the Provider
The Max Planck Institute Luxembourg is a research institution dedicated to the study of international, European, and comparative law. It was established in 2007 and is part of the renowned Max Planck Society, which is one of the world’s leading organizations for scientific research. The Institute has a team of highly qualified and experienced researchers from various legal and academic backgrounds, including law, political science, economics, and sociology. The Institute is committed to providing a supportive and collaborative research environment, which allows its researchers to pursue innovative and interdisciplinary research projects.
Located in Luxembourg, a small country in the heart of Europe and a major center for European institutions, finance, and law. The Institute’s mission is to conduct cutting-edge research in its areas of focus and to contribute to the advancement of legal scholarship and practice. The Institute’s research activities cover a wide range of topics, including international commercial law, international investment law, European Union law, comparative law, and dispute resolution. The Institute also hosts a number of events, such as workshops, seminars, and conferences, which provide a platform for researchers to exchange ideas and engage in academic debate.
Annually, the institute offers scholarship opportunities to international Ph.D. degrees and supports their research for up to six months. As a world-class research institution, they dedicate themselves to advancing legal practice and scholarship, their commitment to innovation and research as well as collaborative and supportive research will attract more researchers from all around the world.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Degree Level: PhD
- Field: Law
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Country: Luxembourg
- Scholarship Awards: €1,500 Monthly
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested students must meet the eligibility for the scholarship awards:
- The candidates must be doctoral candidates working in the areas of research covered by the Max Planck Institute Luxembourg.
- The scholarship is open to those who are affiliated with the Department of European and Comparative Procedural Law, the Department of International Law and Dispute Resolution, or the Max Planck Fellowship Research Group, which is focused on the enforcement of European Financial Market Regulation.
- Candidates must be proficient in English, as this is a compulsory requirement for the scholarship. Must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- The scholarship call is also open to doctoral candidates who are writing their thesis in a language other than English.
To apply for the scholarship offered by the Max Planck Institute Luxembourg, students are required to submit their application through an online portal provided by the institute. The online application portal will allow the applicants to complete and submit their application form, upload supporting documents, and track the progress of their application.
The application process is user-friendly and straightforward, and the e-portal is designed to provide an efficient and streamlined application experience. Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the eligibility criteria and submission requirements before submitting their application through the online portal. The institute will only consider applications that have been submitted through the online portal within the specified application period.
As part of the application process, the students must submit the following:
- A cover letter that provides specific details. This includes their motivation for applying, how their research topic aligns with the Institute’s areas of research, the name of their Ph.D. supervisor, the expected date of their defense, and the desired duration of their scholarship stay. The cover letter should be concise and no longer than one page, allowing applicants to provide the necessary information in a clear and focused manner. By providing these details, applicants can demonstrate their suitability for the scholarship and their potential to contribute to the Institute’s research goals.
- Curriculum Vitae must be updated, along with an indication of their class degree awards.
- PhD project summary maximum of two pages which includes the description and work plans and subjects.
- Two letters of recommendation
The successful students will be awarded with €1,500 Monthly and a workstation in the institute’s room. Scholars will also have the opportunity to join in the regular events in the institute and enjoy access to the institute library.
During the scholarship funding period, the Scholarship Holder must be present at the Institute
The deadline to complete and submit the application for 2024 is still open until the Spring of 2023.