The Scholarship program is designed to attract outstanding applicants to the Schools’ MSc programs and encourage early application. During their studies and after graduation, successful applicants will serve as ambassadors for their course and the School.
Scholarships can pay up to 50% of each candidate’s tuition costs.
Self-sponsored students who have been accepted into a full-time MSc program are eligible for a scholarship. Applicants must have completed the application process and met all admissions standards for the program of their choosing.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen on the basis of merit. Please note that UCD Belfield’s MSc in Biotechnology and Business, MSc in Biotherapeutics and Business, and MSc in International Law and Business, which are co-sponsored by UCD Smurfit School, are not eligible for scholarships.
About the Scholarship:
University College Dublin was one of the first universities in Europe to offer a Master of Business Administration degree in 1964. (MBA). UCD Smurfit School is one of just a few business schools in the world to hold triple international accreditation (US – AACSB, European – EQUIS, and UK – AMBA), with over 100 faculty members, 1,400 students, and 98,000 alumni. The Economist and Financial Times have routinely put the school’s courses among the top European business schools. CEMS and the Global Network for Advanced Management, both alliances of renowned global business schools, are also members of the School.
We are Ireland’s foremost business school, with highly regarded programs and more than 20 years of triple accreditation from EQUIS, AMBA, and AACSB. For more than a decade, our full-time MBA program has been highly recognized, rising to No. 67 in The Economist Global full-time MBA Ranking 2021. We are pleased to be in the top 1% of worldwide business schools, and we are the only Irish member of the leading business school alliances CEMS and the Global Network for Advanced Management (GNAM). The Smurfit MBA at UCD is a game-changer. Its goal is to develop the next generation of global leaders who will make a significant contribution to the society and economies in which they live and work. Our participants benefit from the advantages of Ireland’s largest university while also enjoying the intimacy of a dedicated campus located just outside of Dublin’s city center. Participants complete the MBA with an international qualification and a transformed professional life thanks to a rich blend of motivated participants, academic excellence, the Leadership Development Program, and a specialized MBA Career Service. Our goal is to prepare you to make a significant contribution in business and society when you finish your studies. We place a strong emphasis on learning by doing, which means you’ll gain a unique mix of business and behavioral abilities. We will teach you how to think creatively, foster a global mentality, and enhance your leadership abilities by focusing on negotiation, communication, networking, and teamwork, as well as developing your critical thinking skills. The UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is a thriving teaching and research community with world-renowned academics, employees, and students from all over the world who contribute to Dublin, Ireland’s vibrant commerce center. Our academics and researchers are at the forefront of business innovation, from influencing international business policy to developing breakthrough algorithms to make everyday banking safer. When looking for a graduate business school, one of the most important elements to consider is quality. At UCD Smurfit School, we demonstrate our commitment to excellence through accreditations, international rankings, graduate employability, faculty, research, alumni, and our student body. We seek for the best students from all over the world to form the heart of our community and to support the fascinating educational experience that awaits them at UCD Smurfit School. We are Ireland’s only business school, and one of only a few in the world, to possess the triple crown of accreditation from three centers of business and academic excellence: AACSB (US), AMBA (UK), and EQUIS (Switzerland) (Europe). Only about 1% of business schools in the world are triple-accredited. Our accreditations are an assurance that students will acquire a high-quality, internationally recognized degree, as determined by international independent peers.
The caliber and skill of our 100-strong faculty, which includes renowned teaching specialists in areas spanning the key disciplines of business and management and has been recruited from all over the world, is one of the cornerstones of our reputation. Our faculty members’ powerful voices and knowledge are in high demand, and they frequently contribute to national and international media venues. They are world leaders, with 20% of our academics publishing in FT50 publications and 10% publishing three times or more in FT50 journals. Furthermore, whereas women make up 30% of our faculty, they are responsible for 65% of all publications.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
Scholarship Country: Ireland
Scholarship Worth: €10,500
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
This scholarship covers up to 50% of the cost of tuition.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- UCD Merit Based Scholarships For Vietnamese Students are awarded to exceptional students from Vietnam.
- During their studies and after graduation, the selected applicants will serve as ambassadors for their course and the School.
- The students will get a scholarship that will cover up to 25% of their tuition fees.
- The UCD Merit-Based Scholarships for Vietnamese Students are designed to recruit exceptional individuals to the schools’ programs.
- The applicant must be self-sponsored and have applied for and been accepted into a full-time MSc program.
- The applicant should have finished the application procedure and met all of the admissions standards.
- Candidates for the UCD Merit Based Scholarships for Vietnamese Students are chosen on the basis of their academic achievements.
The UCD Merit Based Scholarships For Vietnamese Students is open to all international students
- Are you both interested and qualified? To apply, go to hub.ucd.ie and search for UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.
- Fill out the online application for the MSc Program at UCD Smurfit that you want to attend. To apply for a UCD Smurfit Taught Masters, go here.
- This scholarship will be automatically considered for all applicants; there is no special application or process for this scholarship.
- For our English Language Requirement, you must have a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 or a TOEFL score of 100/120, as well as a degree result average of at least 8 out of 10. (i.e. minimum 80 percent average). By May 1, 2022, you must also have a complete unconditional offer from the UCD Smurfit School of Business.
- The Schools Scholarship Committee will make its decision on or about June 30, 2022. Every choice is final. Only one Scholarship will be offered to successful candidates. There will be no more than one Scholarship or Bursary awarded to any one candidate. Candidates who are successful in receiving more than one scholarship cannot transfer or use one award between or against another program.
- Please contact UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School at [email protected] or +353 1 716 4321 for further information about this scholarship or our MSc programmes.
The application deadline for UCD Merit Based Scholarships For Vietnamese Students is April 10, 2022