The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarships are available to international students from all over the world who wish to conduct postdoctoral research at the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) during the academic year 2022-2023. A consultant fee is paid to each Scholarship recipient, depending on the nature of the advisory work. For the duration of the Scholarship, the fee shall not exceed EUR 10,000.
The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) has created the “Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship” to replace the economic research awards previously given out by its Economic Analysis and Research Department. This scholarship allows excellent academics to contribute to the OeNB’s Economic Analysis and Research Department’s broad range of research activities by delivering consulting services.
The Scholarship program is aimed for Austrian and international economists and financiers with postdoctoral research experience and a solid research record in economics and finance. Applicants must be employed by a research institution in Austria or abroad, and they must be interested in broadening their research horizons and growing their personal research networks in a world where international research mobility is rising.
About the Scholarship:
The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) is Austria’s central bank and, as such, is a member of the European System of Central Banks (ESCB). In the public interest, the OeNB participates in monetary and economic policy decisions in Austria and the eurozone. The OeNB is self-contained in this position and is not limited by any instructions. The guiding concepts of the OeNB are “stability and security.” Cash management, monetary policy, financial stability, statistics, and payments are its main business sectors. The OeNB is a non-profit organization dedicated to diversity and sustainability. It also encourages science and research, as well as cultural activities.
The OeNB’s key responsibilities include contributing to a stability-oriented monetary policy within the Eurosystem, ensuring Austrian financial stability, and providing high-quality, counterfeit-proof cash to the general public and business community. Furthermore, the OeNB oversees reserve assets, such as gold and foreign exchange reserves, with the goal of backing the euro in times of crisis, conducts economic assessments, publishes statistical data, participates in international organizations, and supervises payment networks. In addition, the OeNB manages the euro payment system, promotes knowledge and understanding among the general public and decision-makers through a comprehensive communication policy, and funds research in Austria.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
Scholarship Country: Austria
Scholarship Worth: EUR 10,000
Study Level: Postdoctoral
Nationality: International Students
The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship provides the following incentives to the recipient:
- A consultant fee is paid to each Scholarship recipient, depending on the scope of the consultancy service. For the duration of the Scholarship, the fee shall not exceed EUR 10,000. (net of value-added tax). This fee will cover all of the scholarship recipient’s claims against the OeNB.
- The consultancy fee will be raised by the applicable sales tax rate if the consultancy services are subject to value-added tax (currently 20 percent ).
Note: During the consultation term, the Scholarship recipient is responsible for his or her own lodging. If possible, the OeNB will assist the recipient in locating lodging in Vienna.
Eligibility for Scholarship
For a step-by-step application process, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
These factors should be considered while applying for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship:
- English is a required language.
- Eligible Countries: Any country in the world.
- Applicants must have earned a PhD or an equivalent degree, as well as published work and conducted scientific research in the topics specified in the call for scholarship applications.
- There is no age limit for applicants, and they can be of any nationality.
- Applications from natural persons will be accepted only. Under the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program, you cannot apply for more than one scholarship.
- Eligible candidates must be recognized professionals with a track record in economic research and be well-connected within their research community.
- At the time of application and for the duration of the Scholarship, applicants must show proof of active employment with a research institution.
- Applicants who have previously been awarded a scholarship through the program will not be eligible to apply again. Applications for renewal will not be considered either.
- Scholarships are not available to employees of the European Central Bank or other central banks in the European System of Central Banks (ESCB).
TheKlaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2023 | Austria is open to to all international students
To apply for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, please follow the steps below.
(A) Provide the documents and information listed below:
- A motivation letter that includes an estimate of how long the consulting will take.
- A thorough proposal for consulting services
- A summary of current research projects and activities
- a curriculum vitae for academics
- An up-to-date publication list (or an extract therefrom)
- The names of two references who may be contacted by the OeNB to get additional information about the applicant.
- Proof of basic income (work contract with the applicant’s home institution) throughout the scholarship time, i.e. the OeNB consultancy period.
- Written confirmation from the home institution that the Scholarship, i.e. consultancy services provided by
- The applicant is not in violation of his or her home institution’s employment contract.
(B) All papers must be merged into a single PDF document.
(C) Email email@example.com the PDF file.
Also apply for Postdoctoral Fellowships from the Princeton Society of Fellows.
The application deadline for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2023 | Austria is October 31, 2022
You could also apply for $10,000 Scholarships For Undergraduate & Postgrad Studies – OAS, 2022
The academic scholarships for undergraduate studies – OAS are awarded for full-time studies at any university of any OAS Member State, including those that participate in the OAS Consortium of Universities. Scholarships are not awarded for study at universities in the applicant’s sponsoring country.
Scholarships are awarded for a minimum period of one (1) academic year and a maximum period of two (2) academic years. OAS Scholars must agree to return and remain in the sponsoring country for a period of not less than twenty-four (24) months after completing the study program.
To start studies between January 1 and December 31, 2022.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS
MODALITY OF STUDY
Face-to-face, Online, or a combination of both. Scholarship applications for online studies will be prioritized at the time of selection.
The OAS Academic Scholarships for undergraduate studies are awarded for the last two academic years of a bachelor’s degree to citizens/residents of the OAS Member States of the English-speaking Caribbean and Suriname.
Recipients of OAS Scholarships who study online must agree to remain in the sponsoring country for the same period of time.
The OAS Scholarships awarded for studies must be framed within the objectives and priorities established in the Comprehensive Strategic Plan of the Organization.
The Academic Program does not grant scholarships for studies in Medical Sciences and the learning of new languages.
OAS officials, OAS Consultants, officials of the Permanent Missions to the OAS, and their families are eligible to apply for an Academic Scholarship up to six months after the termination of their employment relationship or contract.
Scholarships for Postgraduate Academic Studies and Research – OAS are awarded for full-time studies at any university of the OAS Member States, including those participating in the OAS Consortium of Universities: https://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/regularprogram/2021/2021-AcademicProgram%20Consortium%20info%20for%20applicants.pdf
Scholarships are not awarded for study in the applicant’s sponsoring country.
To start studies between January 1 and December 31, 2022.
To find out if you were shortlisted, please contact the ONE in your country directly.
The OAS will publish the results of the selection of scholarship recipients on our website www.oas.org/es/becas in June 2022.
The disbursement of the funds corresponding to the first academic year of the scholarship will take place during the second semester of 2022.
Classroom, distance (online) or a combination of both. At the time of the selection of scholarship recipients, applications for scholarships for online studies will be favored.
Scholarships are awarded for a minimum period of one (1) year and a maximum of two (2) academic years.
OAS scholarship recipients must return to the sponsoring country and remain there for a period of no less than 24 months after completing their studies. Scholars enrolled in online programs that must commit to remain in the country of study for the same period of time.
Scholarships must be framed within the objectives and priorities established in the Comprehensive Strategic Plan of the Organization (https://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/OAS_StrategicPlan/StrategicPlanPartnIntegralDev-SPA.pdf).
Scholarships do not finance programs in medical areas or learning foreign languages.
OAS staff, Consultants, staff of the Permanent Missions to the OAS and their families are eligible to receive a scholarship only after six months of termination of employment or contract.
Scholarships are subject to the availability of OAS funds.
What benefits do the Academic Scholarships for Undergraduate Studies – OAS offer?
- Scholarships have a monetary cap of US $10,000 per academic year. Scholarships are assigned on a case-by-case basis and benefits may cover:
1.1. Tuition and compulsory amounts
1.2. Health insurance
1.3. Monthly Subsistence
1.4. Round trip airfare
1.5. Study materials/books