Bayer Foundation in Germany invites international Master, Ph.D., and Medical students to further their international research, projects, and more for 2023-2024. The Fellowship Program aims to enhance the existing study program to assist the students with additional funds for international placements that will be free to current or future scientific research studies.
Fellowship for Master, Ph.D., and Medical Students
The Bayer Foundation offers three fellowships for outstanding masters, Ph.D., and medical students to fulfill worldwide research projects, internships, and more. These fellowships are designed to improve existing study programs by giving extra financing to worldwide placements.
- Otto Bayer Fellowship
This fellowship is intended for Masters or Ph.D. students in all scientific disciplines which include data science and pharmacy with applied and fundamental studies relevant to consumer healthcare and pharmaceutical companies.
- Jeff Schell Fellowship for Agricultural Science
The fellowship is intended for Master’s and Ph.D. students which include data science with an applied and fundamental study relevant to the Crop Science Industry.
- Carl Duisberg Fellowship for Medical Science Students
Intended for medical students in human and veterinary fields or master’s degree and Ph.D. degree in applied medical science, public health, and medical engineering.
The fellowships and stipends give remarkable opportunities for exceptional students to foster essential skills, gain new perspectives, and build more significant relationships all over the world. Through this support, they mean to give remarkable individuals the potential chance to emphatically affect the world and become the limit breakers of tomorrow.
With value and cooperation at the center of their fellowships, their different programs offer fantastic opportunities or support for many individuals. They have fellowships for the young generation of scientists from around the globe, opportunities for teachers, apprentices, and young professionals in scientific industries and physicians, as well as offering support for young ladies with families in the academic world.
Scholarship Provider: Bayer Foundation
About the Provider
Bayer Foundation’s purpose is for social innovation and catalyzes science all over the globe with a vision for Health for all and hunger for none. Bayer Foundation sees the future in cutting-edge science that can help break down the global walls of inequality and provide a foundation for the whole world. Through their science portfolio, they facilitate a groundbreaking science with the commitment and potential to change everyday people’s lives, they want to thoroughly understand the world we are living in to give equitable le access to medicine and food for people all over the world while protecting our planet.
They enhance the impact of science to benefit society and focus on three advanced critical aspects: Collaboration, Equity, and Trust in Science. Bayer Foundation shines a light on remarkable achievements in major scientific research, featuring outstanding youthful scientists with the possibility to transform their fields, as well as perceiving the outlook-changing contributions of world-driving experts.
In Sub-Saharan Africa, they tend to empower scientists to solve and define the most relevant regional issues and challenges with the support of the global community. Equality in the scientific capacity is important in providing scientific solutions that will meet the global population’s needs.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Master, Ph.D., and Medical Students
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Two to Six months
- Scholarship Awards: €10,000
- Scholarship Country: Germany
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Renewable: NA
There are eligibility categories for each fellowship criterion:
- Otto Bayer Fellowship- The applicants for the fellowship program must be current students studying for a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in pharmacy, natural science, and data science. Undergraduate degrees are not eligible for this program.
- Jeff Schell Fellowship for Agricultural Science-The applicants for the fellowship program must be current students studying for a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in pharmacy, natural science, and data science. Undergraduate degrees are not eligible for this program.
- Carl Duisberg Fellowship for Medical Science Students- The applicants must be current students in human and veterinary fields or have master’s degrees and Ph.D. degrees in applied medical science, public health, and medical engineering.
- International students must undertake the fellowship in Germany.
- The Germany-based students are required to undertake the fellowship outside Germany.
- The application can be accessed in an online portal provided by Bayer Foundation.
- The application must be processed in the English language.
- Incomplete and incorrect applications will not be considered.
- The applicants must apply only once.
Note: The application made through a letter, or email will not be considered. Multiple application submissions will be rejected. It is important to check your eligibility and select the right fellowship program in the application portal.
As part of the application process, the candidates are required to submit the following:
- Budget Proposal which includes the cost of accommodation, travel, and other relevant costs.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter from the host institution
- Official transcript of records
Criteria and Evaluation Process
- The potential and motivation of the applicants.
- The relevance of the submitted application and fundamental quality.
- The fellowship program value to the applicant.
- The interdisciplinary and collaborative proposals will be highly desirable.
- The application will be evaluated by a jury of scientists.
- An initial screen of the application will be made by the Bayer Foundation ensuring that the criteria for the fellowship application are fulfilled and completed.
- €10,000 Maximum funds for single fellowship.
- The funding awards can be used for a maximum duration of six months.
- Internship for master’s and Ph.D. degrees.
- Research and use of special facilities for the activities relevant to the student’s current research.
- Visa cost
- Living cost
Deadline for Application
The application will open on February 13, 2023, and the deadline to complete and submit the application will be until April 10, 2023.