Are you currently involved in n application or product which utilizes artificial intelligence? If you are interested in ethical issues and in making applications and products more sustainable and inclusive and aiming to work in an international interdisciplinary team with a changing perspective then you are encouraged to apply for the 2023 AI to Amplify Fellowship Program at Goethe Institute.
About the Program
The two-month fellowship program invites eligible candidates for a program consisting of network events, seminars, and workshops and yes it is free of charge! The fellowship program will begin in May 2023.
There is no age limit, applications can be presented by people from 18 years old. The institute invites applications from coders and developers from the Worldwide North and Worldwide South, in addition to activists, lawyers, sociologists, artists, and philosophers.
The institute goes for the blend of groups, and that implies they expressly encourage women, individuals with disabilities, individuals without a degree, and individuals with different expert foundations to apply.
AI to Amplify Project
The project aims to grow the discourse on artificial intelligence to incorporate applicable voices that are vital for the improvement of AI-oriented toward the benefit of all. It aims to scrutinize the norm, give skills to activity, and subsequently show new ways for the sustainable improvement of AI applications. In doing as such, it centers around the accompanying explicit objectives:
- Aims to empower the coders from the Global South and implant their inclinations in the improvement of AI applications and in the discussions around AI for example at gatherings or conferences.
- Raising awareness of the inclusion issues, the support of individuals with handicaps, minorities, eccentric individuals, fundamentally burdened individuals, individuals from various social classes, and more established individuals in the creation and utilization of AI applications is critical to us, and their points of view ought to be incorporated.
- The partaking developers go into an exchange with one another and with different other expert gatherings. The objective is to make a worldwide local area that raises familiarity with the need to incorporate different perspectives into the production of AI applications.
- The team will design ideas for the AI applications.
Fellowship Provider: Goethe-Institut
About the Provider
The Goethe-Institut is the all around the world dynamic social organization of the Federal Republic of Germany. They advance social trade, training, and social talk in a worldwide setting and provide support in educating and learning the German language. For more than seventy years, they have empowered global cultural trade to happen, elevated admittance to the German language, and upheld the unobstructed improvement of culture and science.
As an international dynamic cultural organization of the Federal Republic of Germany, they advocate for understanding between Germany, Europe, and the world. The structure concurrence with the German Federal Foreign Office is the establishment for this work. Around the world, they give information about the cultural and societal diversity of Germany and Europe. 158 Goethe-Instituts in 98 nations along with various accomplice organizations structure the premise of their worldwide organization.
Their administrations incorporate internet-based courses and independent learning programs. Consistently, more than millions of individuals sit a German assessment at a Goethe-Institut or one of their collaborations partners. With an extensive variety of instructive and data programs, we support specifically students and laborers from abroad on their course to Germany.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Field: Developers or Coders, Lawyers, Sociologists, Artists, Philosophers, and Activists.
- Degree Level: Any Degree
- Duration: Two months
- Number of Awards: 80
- Awards: €10,000
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Country: Germany
The program is open to applicants who can meet the basic requirements of the program:
- The fellowship encouraged candidates who are in the field of Developers or Coders, Lawyers, Sociologists, Artists, Philosophers, and Activists.
- The fellowship program has no age limits.
- Applicants whose 18 years old at the time of the application are also encouraged to apply.
- The application can be completed in an online portal provided by the Institute.
- Personal information must be completed including contact information.
- The contact information will be used for the application notification.
- Keep in mind that the application may require additional materials to support your fellowship application.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
A jury will choose 80 (eighty) members from all applications. From these, they will assemble as different groups as could be expected. Because of the different time regions, they will likely work in two groups of 40 individuals each. The online meetings during the fellowship program will take place about two times every week for 2 hours each. Successful applicants will be notified at the end of March, further details will also be announced.
- The training program is tailored to the requirements of the members and will be free of charge.
- It offers the opportunity to meet other social activists, gain new points of view, and be organized internationally.
- You can contribute your own thoughts and perspective to the advancement of community-oriented items and applications and foster them further in the group. This will give your thoughts and viewpoints high permeability.
- Six winning groups will get seed cash to additionally foster their models and present them at a gathering in the Worldwide North.
- Following a subsequent choice cycle, two winning groups will get seed cash of € 10,000 for the further acknowledgment of the item thought or model.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until March 20, 2023. The fellowship program will begin in May 2023, the program will be focusing on the exchange between sensitization and participants’ questions of ethics and illuminate the topics of artificial intelligence by international speakers.