To encourage outstanding international students in eligible countries, the National University of Ireland Galway offers a scholarship for the academic 2022-2023 session. The scholarship is to recognize the high achiever students to further their education in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree and receive a total value of €1,000 and a tuition fee reduction of up to 50%.
International Scholarship for Central and South America
For the commencement of September 2022, the National University of Ireland Galway offers a scholarship to the citizens of Central and South America to be awarded up to €1,000 up to a 50% reduction of their tuition fees.
The scholarship is an opportunity to achieve higher education and an opportunity to be contacted by employments for their employments and develop their personal and career life plans. There will be courses to be eligible for the students to undertake, the courses will be in the following areas:
- Social Science
- Celtic Studies
- Public Policy
- Health Science
The scholarship awards will be depending on the student’s courses and degree programs to apply at the university.
Scholarship Provider: National University of Ireland Galway
About the Provider
The National University of Ireland is one of the top 1 universities in the world. The Irish campus reflects the unique geography and culture of Ireland in the West. It offers students a number of universities, master’s, and research programs.
Why the National University of Ireland Galway?
NUI Galway students participate in high-quality educational activities and gain valuable experience. The university offers great opportunities to fund your studies and professional development.
Galway is an exciting place to study. It’s big enough to fit everything – shopping, theaters, restaurants, music sports facilities – and small enough to feel intimate and hospitable. Located between Connemara and the Burren, in the great swamp of Galway Bay, the University location is as different as it is beautiful. Coincidentally, Galway combines the energy of the modern and diverse population with the reality of a place full of history and traditions.
The university is known as a place where art and theater are celebrated. The city is a cultural center that attracts thousands of people to its numerous festivals throughout the year and is one of the largest cities in Ireland.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Central and South American including Argentina, Bolivia, Belize, Chile, Brazil, Costa Rica, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Peru, Venezuela, and Uruguay.
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Field: Law, Science, Medicine, Business, Celtic Studies, Social Science, Business, Public Policy, Nursing, Engineering.
- Duration: depending on the chosen courses of the students.
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Country: Ireland
- Scholarship Awards: €1,000 to up to 50% tuition fee reduction
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- The interested applicants for the scholarship must have an offer to study at the National University of Ireland Galway.
- Citizen of the Central and South America eligible countries.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Must have an interest in the eligible courses offered for the scholarship.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
Eligible Courses and Awards
Arts, Social Sciences, and Celtic Studies
- The College of Arts, Social Sciences, and Celtic Studies awards scholarships to South American students ranging from € 1,000 and € 2,000 to those who start college in September 2022.
- The College of Arts, Social Sciences, and Celtic Studies also provides Central American and South American students with a 50% fee waiver of up to € 8,150. This fee 50% lower will be offered to the graduate student.
Business, Public Policy, & Law
- The College of Business, Public Policy, and Law offers a variety of scholarships ranging from € 1,000 to 50% of tuition fees. All applicants who have already been accepted the offer from the College of Business, Public Policy, & Law are eligible to apply.
Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
- Valued to up to €2,000 each for the students who will be commencing the courses in September 2022 for the eligible South and Central American students.
Science and Engineering
- €4,000 each for the postgraduate students who wil be commencing their studies in September 2022 for the eligible Central and South American students.
Scholarship applicants are assessed on the basis of academic achievement. In addition, applicants will be asked to submit a personal statement of scholarship. (maximum 500 words) with the following points:
- Are you interested to come to NUI Galway?
- Why do you think you are a good candidate for this scholarship.
- How did you promote NUI Galway links during the training and as graduates?
Postgraduate and undergraduate students can start their application on the application portal provided by the university. All late and incomplete applications wil not be considered, however, late applications can re-apply for the next scholarship opportunity opening for the academic year of 2023-2024.
The application required the students to give their information and sign in to the scholarship portal, the email that the applicants used to apply for the scholarship will be used to notify them of their scholarship application results.
The application process will be different for each of the regulations, so please pay specifically
attention to application details.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship committee will be reviewing all the applications for the academic year of 2022-2023, the results of the scholarship awardees will be final.
- Students must confirm the acceptance of the scholarship awards at a specific time.
- The awards are to help the students with their tuition fee reductions or tuition fee waiver at the university. Successful applicants will be receiving a scholarship letter from the university.
- The scholarship is non-transferable.
- The Galway NUI Reimbursement Office will be updated regarding your scholarship, your reimbursement will be processed if you have paid part or all of your tuition or any overpayment, the scholarship will be returned to your bank account.
- If you receive a scholarship, you must attend the program full-time program, If the owner withdraws from the program in which he is registered or fails which will continue during the session to meet attendance and other requirements of the program, he will lose the scholarship and will have to pay for the tuition fee balance.
Scholarship Important Date
- Round 1- The scholarship opens on February 2022, and closes on March 28, 2022.
- Round 2- The scholarship opens on April 1 2022 and closes on May 31, 2022.