The Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus University currently offers Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarships to help overseas students’ higher study in the Netherlands. For the academic year 2022-2023, this scholarship opportunity is available.
This educational grant is for bright candidates interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in International Business Administration.
The Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarships are offered by Erasmus University’s Rotterdam School of Management to support overseas students’ further education in the Netherlands. For the academic year 2022-2023, a scholarship program is offered.
About the Scholarship:
Erasmus University Rotterdam (abbreviated as EUR, Dutch: Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam) is a public university in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, which also happens to be home to Europe’s largest port. Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus, a 15th-century humanist and theologian, is the university’s name.
The university is divided into seven faculties and four areas of study.
1. Health – Erasmus MC’s Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and the Institute of Health Policy and Management (iBMG)
2. Wealth – Erasmus University’s Erasmus School of Economics and Rotterdam School of Management
3. Governance – Faculty of Social Sciences and Erasmus School of Law
4. Culture – Erasmus School of History, Culture, and Communication, as well as the faculties of social sciences and philosophy
Erasmus University Rotterdam (Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam) is one of the 51 universities in the Netherlands that are included in the U-Multirank. Erasmus Institution Rotterdam is a significant public university with 26963 students registered in Rotterdam (2018 data or latest available). It was established in 1913. The Erasmus University Rotterdam is a broad institution in terms of the courses and degree programs it offers. The graduation rate at Erasmus University Rotterdam is 73,12 for bachelors (B score) and 99,93 for masters (A score). The Erasmus University Rotterdam is strongest in Research, as seen by its sunburst graphic – a brief picture of the university’s performance profile across the five U-Multirank criteria. With 15 ‘A’ (very good) marks overall, its overall profile displays top performance across many categories.
The main campus of Erasmus University was built to provide students with everything they require in a secure environment. Students can eat at the Food Court or get active in the sports center, in addition to good study facilities and a modern library. There’s also a grocery store, a bike shop, a hair salon, a bar, and many other amenities on campus – it’s like a tiny city!
Erasmus University is noted for its worldwide outlook, which allows students to participate in a truly international atmosphere. 5,000 international students attend the university, accounting for just under 20% of the total student body. Additionally, 40-60% of students enrolling in English-taught programs are from countries other than the Netherlands.
Erasmus Institution Rotterdam is a top-ranked international research university located in Rotterdam, a vibrant and varied city. Academic research is combined with good, challenging, and exciting education. We have a diverse choice of Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Executive programs to choose from. Our Honours programs provide opportunities for highly motivated and talented students. Erasmus University Rotterdam will ensure that you have a bright future.
With 23,940 students and seven faculties, it is one of the largest universities in the Netherlands and is considered among the top 100 institutions in the world. It is well-known for integrating high-quality education with an enriching global viewpoint. Because of its great courses, resources, and possibilities, this university comes highly recommended.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Erasmus University
Host Country(s): Netherlands
Field of Study: Business Administration
Scholarship Worth: € 2,209
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
The scholarship will pay the annual statutory tuition cost (€ 2,209 in 2022/2023) as well as yearly book expenses up to a maximum of € 600 per year for three years of study, subject to annual re-evaluation. Students will also benefit from their donors’ academic, professional, and personal mentoring, as well as access to their international network.
Eligibility for Scholarship
1. Outstanding pupils with strong entrepreneurial mentality who would clearly benefit from financial assistance;
2. Coachable students that are eager to improve their network and chances
3. Upon acceptance, the student becomes an exceptional advocate for the Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship and the Rotterdam School of Management, supporting marketing campaigns among other things.
4. Upon approval, the student agrees to remain involved as a mentor for new incoming students admitted into the scholarship program after graduation.
5. The student selected into the program will be re-evaluated at the conclusion of the first year to ensure that he or she keeps on track with his or her academic studies, maintains an entrepreneurial attitude, and acts as a good advocate for the scholarship program and the institution. Acceptance to continue with the scholarship for a second year is dependant on a re-evaluation by the selection committee based on criteria established at the beginning of the academic year.
6. Students must be European Economic Area (EEA) citizens who are eligible to pay the statutory tuition charge.
7. To be eligible, applicants must meet all BSc admissions requirements.
8. Eligible students are those who want to enhance their network and opportunities.
9. Upon acceptance of the scholarship, the student agrees to remain involved as a mentor for new students accepted into the scholarship program after graduation.
The Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarships, Netherlands is open to all international students.
The first step is to enroll in Studielink’s Bachelor International Business Administration program. You will receive a link to our Online Application Form once you have registered (OLAF).
You declare you want to apply for a scholarship in OLAF. RSM will evaluate your scholarship application if you meet the basic requirements and submit it by the deadline (s). Applications that are not comprehensive will not be considered.
Required documents in OLAF:
1. A short 850-word essay on the entrepreneurial dimension that answers the following questions:
2. How do you define entrepreneurship? Please additionally explain how your experiences have affected your perspective on entrepreneurship.
3. How has your entrepreneurial spirit been demonstrated in the past and present? (maximum 200 words)
4. What are your long-term goals and why are they important to you? (maximum 200 words)
5. What motivated you to apply for the scholarship, and why do you think the mentorship and financial support will be most beneficial to you? (maximum 250 words)
6. A budget plan, using this template, outlining how you expect to fund the IBA program in years 1, 2, and 3.
Admission Standards: Students must meet the university’s admission requirements.
Language Requirement: In order to qualify for the program, applicants with an insufficient level or grade based on the kind of graduation must take an English language competence test.
The application deadline for Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarships, Netherlands is 1 February 2022.