Are you a female postdoctoral researcher passionate about advancing your career in the world of science? If so, we are thrilled to introduce you to the Dorothea Schlozer Postdoctoral Fellowships for German Students, an exceptional opportunity offered by the esteemed University of Göttingen.
Honoring a Pioneer: The Dorothea Schlozer Postdoctoral Programme for Women
Image source: Pexels
The Dorothea Schlozer Postdoctoral Programme for Women is named in tribute to Dorothea Schlozer, the trailblazing woman who earned the first doctorate in Germany, a remarkable feat she achieved at the University of Göttingen in 1787. This program is a testament to her legacy and strives to empower female scientists and scholars in the early stages of their postdoctoral journey, fostering their development as independent researchers and leaders in their respective fields.
Learn more about Dorothea Schlozer and the history of this program here.
A Gateway to Excellence: Program Overview
Each year, the Dorothea Schlozer Postdoctoral Programme for Women opens doors to three coveted positions, two within the University of Göttingen and one in the Faculty of the University Medical Center (UMG). These positions are exclusively reserved for female postdoctoral researchers who are either planning or already conducting groundbreaking research projects within the University of Göttingen or the UMG. These positions not only provide essential funding for research projects but also empower fellows to prepare and secure external funding through grant applications.
Discover the detailed program offerings and benefits here.
Empowering Female Scholars: Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for this esteemed program, candidates must meet specific criteria, ensuring that the program remains an exclusive platform for female researchers:
- Postdoctoral Phase: Applicants should be female postdocs in the early stages of their postdoctoral phase, ideally within three years of completing their doctoral degree.
- Research Alignment: The research project should align with either the natural and applied sciences or the humanities and social sciences.
- Mentorship: Candidates must secure a supervisor or mentor at the University of Göttingen or the UMG who is committed to supporting their application and providing the necessary resources and facilities.
- Career Vision: Applicants should demonstrate a clear and well-thought-out plan for their career development and grant application strategy.
- Commitment: Successful candidates must commit to regular reporting on research progress, engagement in qualification opportunities, participation in evaluation measures, and dedicating four weekly lecturing hours.
Explore the complete eligibility criteria in detail here.
Navigating the Application Process
The application process for the Dorothea Schlozer Postdoctoral Fellowships is designed to identify the most promising candidates who will benefit from this prestigious program. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of the application journey:
- Online Application: Begin by submitting an online application form that includes essential information such as personal and academic details, a research project outline, career plan, grant proposal outline, supervisor’s statement, and CV.
- Documentation Upload: Upload copies of your diplomas, certificates, publications, and letters of recommendation to strengthen your application.
- Thorough Evaluation: A dedicated selection committee of representatives from diverse faculties and disciplines will carefully review all applications.
- Interview Opportunity: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with the selection committee. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to present their research project and career plan.
- Final Decision: The final decision rests with the Presidential Board, which relies on the recommendations made by the selection committee.
Mark Your Calendar: Application Deadline and Start Date
The application window for the 2024 Dorothea Schlozer Postdoctoral Fellowships closes on October 31, 2023. Successful candidates will embark on their positions starting from April 1, 2024. To access further program details and stay informed about deadlines, visit the official program website or contact the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Unit for additional inquiries.
Seize the Opportunity: Shape Your Scientific Journey
The Dorothea Schlozer Postdoctoral Programme for Women represents an extraordinary opportunity for female postdoctoral researchers aspiring to elevate their scientific careers within one of Germany’s leading universities. If you are eager to be part of this program, don’t miss your chance. Start preparing your application now, and embark on a transformative scientific journey!