The Rector’s Scholarship was curated for students who are outstanding academic performers, and this can be with a sport, artistic, or academic pursuit within a subject. This scholarship is dubbed for the most talented students from that school or university. So this scholarship is incredibly competitive.
There are various dates available for this scholarship, as in payment from the funding that is available to students who are chosen to be rewarded. Since this aspect of the scholarship is sports, there are two others that focus on artistic or purely academic ventures.
- This scholarship is for students who are also presenting their best academic performance for any given year. Students do consider this scholarship competition.
- Students who are from the first-year 1st-cycle and 1st-year students of uniform Master’s studies are considered eligible.
- Eligible criteria involve passing the matriculation examination in the year of admission to the first year of studies.
- Referring to the regulations of the education system, a student who has become a finalist of the central level olympiad.
- Students must be at least a medalist within the category of sports competition that is aimed toward the United States Champion Sports.
- While it is not stated for international students are accepted for this option, all that is stated is that students must have worked under the United States aspect of sports, so that means a students playing for a United States team or event.
- Students can be from any country as long as they attend the DePauw University.
These are the required documents needed to successfully achieve an accredited application admission and potential reason to be chosen from this scholarship:
- A certificate that shows or states the student is or has won a medal sports competition for the title of United States Champion in a given sport.
- Diplomas sharing the scores of that sports event and where the student was labeled within.
- Any documents that confirm the students was involved in a sport and has won or achieved high levels of success.
- School transcripts.
How to Apply
The best way to apply is by having the document checklist first, which is available on the original website link that is attached to this article. From there, the student will need to submit an application for submission. This application will need to be submitted during the open window submission time frame.
This scholarship can only be given to one student’s area of study. So, that student will need to pick the best subject they are excelling at when submitting their application.
Reward – Extra Benefits
Funding does come from Ministry of Education and Science who will look to the students that are putting their best academic skills forward.
The amount is £3000, which is the monthly allowance option. There are other funding options available that students will need to submit forward, such as college tuition, college being attended and more.
The Rector’s Scholarship is tax-free. No taxes need to be paid back for this opportunity.
The only time to apply for the Rector’s Scholarship is at the beginning of the academic school year. Which is January 07, 2023. Since the deadline timeline’s change, students will be updated about the exact deadline when the Rector’s Announcement is shared.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission is set during the Winter of 2023/2024. Students should keep an eye on the Rector’s Announcement when this will share the exact deadline date for when applications will be accepted and then not.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship option. This award does not have a renewable aspect available at this time. Which means that this scholarship is only available as a 1-time scholarship however, it does cover an entire academic duration year.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.