Financial support for Honduran professionals for specialization, master’s, and doctorate studies abroad.
The mission of the credit-scholarship program for Postgraduate Studies Abroad – PCB, Hondufuturo is to contribute to the comprehensive development of the country by expanding higher education opportunities for students with high academic and professional potential.
VISION OF HONDUFUTURO
To become the leading foundation that Hondurans prefer to finance their university studies. We will be recognized for our transparency, high-quality standards, and excellence in the provision of all our services.
Credit-Scholarship Program for Postgraduate Studies Abroad (PCB)
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
The Credit-Scholarship Program for Postgraduate Studies Abroad (PCB) aims to promote, facilitate, supervise and participate in the training of Honduran professionals abroad through financial support for the completion of their postgraduate studies. of high level so that with said preparation they can return to Honduras and contribute to the development of the country.
The support mechanism is a Credit-scholarship in dollars of the United States of America, which is granted to the beneficiary to cover the costs of their academic project up to a maximum amount defined by the Board of Directors and according to the items that are specified below, whose limits are also established by the Board.
The credit may be partially forgivable in accordance with the criteria explained in these regulations. For the purposes of the same and of all the documents that are signed with the beneficiary, the terms credit and Credit-scholarship will be assimilated.
FIELD OF ACTION
The Credit-scholarship for studies abroad is granted to advance academic programs in educational entities of recognized prestige.
It will be granted for postgraduate programs leading to:
a. Specialization and Sub-Specialization only in the area of health
b. Master’s degree
The terms “Specialization”, “Master” and “Doctorate” will be understood in the sense that the laws and regulations of the Republic of Honduras and the countries of destination have given them. In any case, it will be at the discretion of HONDUFUTURO to define whether or not a program corresponds to a Specialization, Master’s, or Doctorate.
What benefits does the Credit-Scholarship Program for Postgraduate Studies Abroad – PCB, Honfufuture offer?
Credit-scholarship in dollars of the United States of America.
a. The minimum amount of the credit will be US$5,000 (except for Chevening, Fulbright, or other cooperating organizations) and the maximum amount of the credit will be US$25,000 per beneficiary per academic year, without exceeding a maximum of US$50,000.
b. The maximum financing term will be 24 months.
c. No credit may exceed this amount or the financing period.
d. The total amount of credit granted to each beneficiary will be determined by the Board of Directors taking into account the amount requested. It can only be modified by it.
and. The credit ceilings will be based on the Study Period to be financed by the beneficiary according to the following:
e.1. Up to 12 months= US$25,000
e.2. From 13 to 15 months= US$31,250
e.3. From 16 to 18 months= US$37,500
e.4. From 19 to 21 months = US$43,750
e.5. From 22 to 24 months = US$50,000
f. Honfufuture will take into account the following information to determine the amount to be financed:
g. The budget of total costs of the program, supported by the information provided by the educational entity in which the selected candidate is going to develop the program or by some other competent entity.
h. The demonstrated available resources that each selected candidate has.
i. The maximum limits established for each item by the Board of Directors. The amount to be financed resulting from the budget appointment with the selected candidate or his representative will constitute the maximum amount of the informative document. This amount can only be modified to be decreased.
j. Honfufuturo has no obligation to grant any credit, nor to grant a credit for an amount higher than it deems appropriate.
THE CREDIT THAT IS GRANTED MAY FINANCE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
1. Tickets: an amount of up to US$2,000 to which the beneficiary will be entitled to their travel.
2. Installation: a single sum of up to US$2,000 to which the beneficiary who starts his program will be entitled.
3. Tuition: the amount determined by the university including academic fees. Both amounts must be approved at the budget appointment.
4. Medical insurance: health, hospitalization, and surgery of the beneficiary up to the amount established by the university or the insurance company, to the satisfaction of Honfufuture.
5. Debt insurance: life and total and permanent disability of the beneficiary for the value owed to HONDUFUTURO. This insurance is mandatory.
6. Maintenance: of the beneficiary according to the estimated average cost of living in the city where he will develop his academic program.
7. This cost must be determined by the university or by a competent entity. The maximum amount for a single person will be US$
8. 1,300 per month. If the beneficiary is married and/or has children and her spouse and/or children travel with him, HONDUFUTURO may authorize up to an additional 25%, that is, up to US$1,625 per month.
9. Study materials: up to US$2,000 per year to cover costs of books, computers, instruments, and other study implements.
10. Remember that two endorsements are required.
INTEREST RATES ARE
a. 5-6% during the study period.
b. 7-8% during the ordinary amortization period.
c. 9.95% in the accelerated amortization period (only for beneficiaries who DO NOT return to the country).
d. FORGIVENESS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
e. If the student returns to Honduras within the established time after obtaining the degree that HonduFuturo helped him finance and stays in the country for 3 to 5 years, he will be able to obtain the following percentage of forgiveness on the amount disbursed:
f. 20% in the area of administration and business.
g. 40% for all other areas of study.
h. The additional 20% if the beneficiary is employed as a university teacher, for a consecutive year.
i. * We also have agreements with foreign universities that increase the benefits for our students.
2022 closing date: April 30
Publication of results: Tuesday, June 14
Credit legalization: June 15 – July 15
Proclamation of beneficiaries: Wednesday, July 27