The International Open University (IOU) is working to make Islamic knowledge as available to students as much as possible. The university is looking to expand their vast and available knowledge of a number of studies and courses that students can take at their own pace. There are online courses available as well if a student chooses to do so.
Academic programs students can take during their Bachelor’s course to pursue this scholarship include the following:
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration (ABA)
- Associate of Arts In Education (AED)
- Science in Information Technology (AIT)
- Science in Islamic Economics, Banking, and Finance (AIBE)
- Psychology (APSY)
- B.Sc. in Information Technology
- Arts in Islamic Studies
- Arts in Arabic Language Studies
- Islamic Economics, Banking & Finance (B.Sc. IEBF)
This list to just show the general programs that are available and this list does not contain all of the available programs to take at IOU. Instead, students should look through the original university website to see what courses they would be interested in pursuing as a higher education career.
- International students can apply to attend International Open University.
- Applicants will need to show that they need financial funding to further their higher education at the university.
- This General Scholarship is solely a financial-need based opportunity.
The number one way a student should help with applying for this general scholarship is that the student must receive either the Imam’s recommendation letter or an approval letter from one of IOU’s representatives who state the student does indeed not have enough funding to procure a course.
This is the only way a student can successfully receive and apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
There are a few documents that the student will need to have to turn in as a copy with their letter of approval. These include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must have an excellent understanding of the English language an English proficiency exam may be needed
- All potential students will need to make a free account for the Free Diploma Campus and score no lower than an 80 on the part 1 and 2 of the “Foundations of Islamic Studies.”
- Afterwards, students will need to create another account in the Degree Campus section which will allow the student to complete their desired application and state the courses they wish to take at IOU.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward involved for this scholarship is a course fee waiver, or a course tuition waiver that will help the student to take the instructed course. This is a finance based waiver where a student will not have to pay any tuition fees upfront and then receive a total back. Instead, this scholarship is to help students to immediately begin taking the course without worry of course fees or tuition.
Deadline Time Line
The deadline time line will follow the university registration dates. These dates are shown as an open year round university. Registration begins the first week of April 2023 for the Fall academic season. And this registration ends during the first week of September 2023. So the official deadline cut off is the first week of September 2023.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is from April 2023 to September 2023 for the Fall academic season. The Spring academic season falls from the first week of October 2023 to the March 31, 2023.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options Available to Students
This is an annual option for new students who are studying in Benin or who wish to start studying in the country. This scholarship is not renewable at the time for any student.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.