How to work at Amazon: tips guide
According to Statista, Amazon is the second richest company in the world, and it’s no wonder when you look at everything it sells. There are thousands of people who, day after day, buy items of all kinds on its web portal. In view of this, the flow of incoming employees is enormous and people are always needed to maintain the optimal performance of the company.
That said, we will explain what kind of jobs you can find on Amazon, what the requirements are, and their benefits and drawbacks. In this way, you can determine for yourself if it is worth being part of the sales giant.
Amazon Employment Statistics
The company has more than 175 logistics centers distributed around the world (Amazon). This is what guarantees fast delivery of products to your customers and high responsiveness.
On the other hand, Statista indicates that at the end of last year there were more than 1.3 million workers, both full-time and part-time. Consequently, there are many opportunities that you can take advantage of to work in the company.
How much does an Amazon worker earn?
This is one of the most important questions and one of the first that you are going to ask yourself. Despite being one of the richest companies, the salary is not as high as expected, as it barely exceeds the monthly salary in Spain. Even so, it becomes a good option for a first job or a complementary job. In addition, it will add a lot of value to your professional experience.
The salary figures obtained from Indeed and Glassdoor are as follows:
As you can see, in order to obtain a good financial remuneration it is necessary to move up within the company. It is somewhat complicated, in view of so many workers that exist worldwide.
Why work at Amazon in the first place?
The sales company offers a multitude of variety of benefits to all its workers and even their families. Of course, depending on the location, these advantages may vary. It is also important that workers meet certain requirements.
Now, the most important benefits are the following:
- Health assistance. If you work at Amazon you will receive free medical assistance.
- Safeguard of finances. There are savings plans and income protection systems.
- Paid Vacations. You can enjoy free time while receiving financial remuneration.
- maternity and paternity leave. If you are going to have a baby, you will be able to take care of it during the first months without losing compensation.
- Access to discounts. If you are interested in a product of the company, it is possible to acquire it for a price lower than that established on the web.
- Without discrimination. No matter your gender, race, or age, you will see many job offers in which you will be taken into account.
Points to consider
As with any company, Amazon isn’t perfect, and you’ll likely run into some downsides. Some of the most mentioned by their workers are the following:
- Complicated working hours. You must go to work when called and you may have to sacrifice time off at times.
- Little camaraderie. Because there are so many people, many don’t even know their names and it’s hard to get along with others.
- Pretty basic salary. The company is a good place to look for a first job, but if you want to move up, you may have to go elsewhere.
Amazon International Internship
Deadline: Until the end of the available quotas.
Amazon Paid International Internships? Training in one of the fastest growing companies in recent years may seem difficult but not impossible. Amazon currently helps university graduates in undergraduate, master’s, or MBA to fulfill this dream by being part of an internship in this multinational.
Amazon seeks that with this preparation experience you will obtain knowledge that nurtures your professional skills in the topics related to the program. One of the benefits you will receive will be the opportunity to share your knowledge with other international professionals.
The main objective of the project is to create an experience through practice and through unique tutoring. Amazon seeks to network with the next generation of science and technology innovation professionals, as well as enable and integrate new ideas submitted by interns. You will need a lot of creativity and ingenuity to push, develop and program new tools.
This program lasts from twelve (12) to sixteen (16) weeks. In this period, whoever joins the ranks of Amazon will learn all the internal work that is done, the same that has allowed it to become a world leader in its area.
Institutions where you will study:
Complete internship Amazon – Worldwide.
Levels and study areas:
High-level job training at Amazon. It has a duration of twelve (12) to sixteen (16) weeks.
Who can participate?:
University graduates in undergraduate, master’s, or MBA. Regardless of nationality, gender, race, or ethnicity, this program encourages the participation of all people who meet the established requirements.
The complete Amazon internship will allocate the following prizes to its members:
- Job development opportunities.
- Relocation stipend.
- Access to health insurance.
- Financial assistance.
- Expert advice from Amazon.
Conditions that must be met by participants:
- Be a college graduate and have an undergraduate, master‘s, or MBA degree.
- Be motivated and have aspirations for the future.
- Master the English language, spoken and written.
- Make your formal registration for the full internship through the system provided by Amazon.
- The application form must be completed completely and carefully.
Instructions to apply:
- Academic records and university degree.
- Online admission application.
- Demonstration of command of the English language.
- Among others.
Do you want to win this complete Amazon internship? Check the official website of the Amazon International Internship program and verify each enrollment detail.
Until the end of the available quotas.