International students are welcome to apply for EPFL Excellence Fellowships in Switzerland. The scholarship is available for Masters level programs in the field of Eligible Master’s Programme taught at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. The scholarship deadline is April 15th (Annual).
EPFL offers a limited number of master’s level fellowships to students who have excelled academically. Anyone interested in pursuing a master’s degree at EPFL is eligible. The selection of candidates and the awarding of fellowships is based on an assessment of the candidates’ academic records. The candidates are chosen by a fellowship committee made up of EPFL section members, a representative from the Vice-Presidency for Education, and representatives from other school services. Only approximately 3% of master’s students receive such financial assistance due to the tough nature of the selection procedure.
EPFL funds some fellowships directly, while others are sponsored through collaborations with foundations or private companies. These guidelines are designed to give EPFL excellence fellowship holders all of the information they need to prepare for their master’s and meet performance standards. The fellowships are managed by Student Affairs (SAE), which is headquartered in the BP building. Please contact [email protected] with any questions or clarifications.
About the provider:
EPFL is the most international technical university in Europe. More than 120 nationalities are represented among the students, professors, and collaborators. EPFL focuses on three missions: education, research, and innovation, and has both a Swiss and a worldwide vocation.
With the goal of having a real impact on society, EPFL engages with a large network of partners, including other universities and colleges, secondary schools and gymnasiums, industry and the economy, political circles, and the general public.
- CHF 8’000 per semester (CHF 32’000 for a two-year degree with 120 credits / CHF 24’000 for a one-year degree with 120 credits) 90 credits for a 1.5-year degree)
- Making a hotel reservation (student room in a student residence)
- Fellowship recipients will be liable for their own expenditures (i.e. accommodation, tuition fees, etc.).
- The fellowship will be awarded for no more than four semesters, even if the student decides to pursue a minor or for any other reason that may cause his or her studies to be extended, as long as he or she remains enrolled.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- The scholarship is open to anyone applying to an EPFL Master’s program. Anyone with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university in a comparable discipline is eligible to apply to one of the EPFL Masters Programs.
- The selection of candidates and the awarding of fellowships is purely based on the appraisal of the candidates’ academic records.
- Candidates should apply by April 15 or December 15 using the same online form they used to apply to a master’s degree.
- Please note that a box indicating that the candidate’s profile should be considered for an excellence fellowship must be checked.
- There are no other options for obtaining an excellence fellowship.
Internal Application: (After EPFL Bachelor’s Degree)
Students may be contacted by sections to inquire about applying for an excellence fellowship. By April 30, students can also submit an application to their section.
The following information should be included in the application:
- a curriculum vitae
- a letter of motivation
- a transcript of all EPFL grades received
- a letter of recommendation from the section’s director Students who wish to transfer to another section or program must obtain a recommendation letter from the director of the previous section and contact the deputy of their new section to introduce themselves. The application will subsequently be submitted to the excellence fellowships committee by the deputy of their future section.
The last date to apply for the EPFL Excellence Fellowships, Switzerland IS April 2022.