Studying in Spain
Studying in Spain at the university requires the preparation and presentation of the exams that are related to the Career/Degree that you want to do. These exams depend on the admission criteria of the destination university and the educational system of origin.
Studying in Spain at a Spanish University means living an extraordinary academic and cultural experience.
The universities of Spain offer world-class degrees, bachelor’s degrees, postgraduate degrees, master’s degrees and PhDs. They stand out for several reasons:
- The excellent quality of a wide educational offer in both public and private universities.
- Titles recognized in the world
- Safety and quality of life
- Barrier-free admission
- Accessible cost of studies in the public and private spheres
Study in Spain, the best university option.
Spain has become the third European destination country for international university students, after England and Ireland.
The figures are more than representative and, above all, the reasons that make Spain the university country par excellence.
Here are some representative figures:
- Foreign students enrolled in the Spanish University System approach the figure of 80 thousand.
- Spain receives almost 60 thousand students of foreign origin per year, more than 70% for undergraduate studies and almost 30% for master’s studies. More than 40% are Latin American.
The international students themselves spread the word from year to year to study in Spain and value services such as accommodation, dining rooms and sports facilities. Although they have the possibility of choosing any other European destination, thousands of students from all over the world decide to come and continue their higher studies in Spain. There are several reasons:
Spanish institutions are recognized for their high level of teaching and good infrastructure. They have large campuses that include facilities such as libraries, workshops, laboratories, sports areas and student residences. The Spanish academic structure allows the student to independently decide the type of training he wishes to receive. The student has a varied academic offer to satisfy the variety of interests, capacities and attitudes that he/she possesses. It is worth highlighting the special orientation of the educational system to training for work. including a variety of specializations aimed at covering the training needs of young people interested in quickly entering the labor market.
Higher education in Spain is made up of a university system that has:
- 83 universities, 50 public and 33 private.
- There are 2 universities for every million inhabitants where almost 8 thousand degrees are taught.
- Higher education is divided into three levels: degrees, masters and doctorates.
- The universities themselves decide what their educational offer of degrees and masters will be.
About the Scholarship
The Botín Foundation launches the XIII edition of the Program for the Strengthening of the Public Function in Latin America that will take place from October to December 2022, with the aim of promoting the development of the region through a network of public servants with a vocation full and proactive service.
The Botín Foundation contributes with its activity to the comprehensive development of society, exploring new ways of detecting creative talent and betting on it to generate cultural, social and economic wealth.
The Botín Foundation will select university students who, among other requirements, have a good academic record and a demonstrated commitment to transforming public affairs in their countries, capable of networking for the well-being of the region.
The scholarship program will begin in person on October 17, 2022 at the Universidad de los Andes in Bogotá , Colombia, then a training stage in Spain (Madrid, Santander, Camino de Santiago and Salamanca) is contemplated, and later, another at the Getulio Vargas Foundation (FGV) in Rio de Janeiro , Brazil.
Upon graduating from the program, students become part of the Network of Public Servants of Latin America . Currently 410 Alumni have a positive impact in their respective countries, contributing to the region what they have learned during the training experience of the program.
Study Program in Spain, Colombia and Brazil with the Botín Foundation
Institutions where you will study:
University of the Andes, Colombia.
Getulio Vargas Foundation, Brazil.
Levels and study areas:
University study program in any area of knowledge for students who have completed more than 50% but have not completed their university career. It is a FULL SCHOLARSHIP for university students with a vocation for public leadership.
Who can participate?
University students who have the nationality of a Latin American country.
The Fundación Botín will cover all the costs of travel, accommodation and maintenance during the Program.
Conditions that must be met by participants:
- Possess nationality of a Latin American country.
- Be a student of any degree in a Latin American university and, as of September 30, 2022, have completed more than 50% of their undergraduate university studies, without having finished them.
- Be born between January 1, 1998 and December 31, 2002.
- Have a good academic record and command of English.
- Have the endorsement of the University for your candidacy.
- Have filled out the application form and attached all the requested documentation.
- Their academic performance, professional experience, participation in social projects and associations, as well as their interest in contributing to the development of their environment, country and region will be valued.
Instructions to apply:
Students must apply through the official website.
Submit the following documents and requirements in the application:
- University endorsement letter. Mandatory document.
- Photocopy of the passport.
- A passport size photograph.
- Certificate accrediting the level of English or Spanish if you are Brazilian. (Document not mandatory, but recommended).
- Record a 1-minute video where you talk about: a problem in your city and an impact action that contributes to improving or solving an aspect of it. Upload the video to Youtube.
Until May 16, 2022.