The University of Southern Denmark Offers Ph.D. Scholarship in Evaluating Advanced Computational Methods; for successful international students. Session 2022/2023.
Founded in 1998, the University of Southern Denmark is a recognized institution offering conventional disciplines and a wide range of business and engineering programs.
It offers a variety of higher education programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. At all levels, the institution provides world-class education and is committed to an international point of view.
The students of this university will have access to a very high standard of living and educational facilities.
Title to Receive: Doctorate
Place of Study: Denmark
Offeror: University of Southern Denmark
Application Limit: 01/01/2022
- The scholarship offers a three-year Ph.D. position in a stimulating and supportive research environment; Access to state-of-the-art equipment, facilities, and infrastructure; Opportunity to interact with an extensive network of national and international collaborators; A competitive salary and social benefits (for example, health coverage, parental leave, social security, among others.); Dedicated assistance and support with various practical, social and legal aspects (housing, visas, administration, taxes.), Especially for international candidates through our international personnel office (ISO).
- The appointment as a doctoral research fellow is for three years. Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The fellow cannot have another paid job during the three years.
- The scholarship does not cover travel expenses, medical insurance, or study materials.
- Eligible Course(s): Computational PhD position to apply and evaluate advanced computational methods to explore the biology of the pancreatic islet of Langerhans in health and disease.
- Applicants must have: a master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, or a closely related field; Documented experience with statistical programming (for example, R, Python, or both); Documented experience with analysis of -omic data (eg, single-cell RNA-seq); Excellent communication and collaboration skills and interest in working in an interdisciplinary environment.; Proficiency in written and spoken English .; Experience with the biology of type 2 diabetes is considered an advantage.
- To be eligible for the opportunity, candidates must be admitted to a PhD program at the University of Southern Denmark. All applicants must complete the online application form.
- Applicants must submit the following supporting documents: A research proposal/description of their approach from the previous project (maximum one page not including references); A letter stating your specific interest, motivation, and qualifications for the project in question (maximum two pages) (please attach in the “Application Form” box) Detailed CV, including personal contact information Copies of diplomas, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, including a transcript of grades/grades; At least two signed reference letters
- Applicants must be fluent in English, both spoken and written.