Scholarships for young Peruvians who want to study at participating universities.
The BCP – Peru University scholarships are offered by BCP, where they firmly believe that quality education is a transformative element in the lives of people, as well as that of their families, their communities, and even that of the country. For this reason, the BCP Scholarships – University Careers program has been changing the lives of hundreds of talented young people with limited economic resources since 2012, giving them the opportunity to access quality higher education.
In 2023, the program will continue to support the country’s development by awarding scholarships for higher studies at one of the partner universities.
The scholarships are offered to young people who are starting their university studies for the first time.
SCHOLARSHIPS BCP WORKS IN ALLIANCE AND EXCLUSIVELY WITH THE FOLLOWING UNIVERSITIES
1. Universidad del Pacífico (Lima). University of Piura (Lima and Piura).
2. Peruvian University of Applied Sciences (Lima). University of Engineering and Technology (Lima).
3. University of Lima (Lima).
MODALITIES OF ADMISSION ALLOWED. Applicants starting their studies must have been admitted to one of the partner universities under one of the following admission modalities:
a. Preferential Selection + BCP Scholarship Examination
b. Selective Admission
c. Admission for Academic Excellence
d. Regular Admission
ADMISSION EXAM BCP SCHOLARSHIPS. Admissions processes are managed and implemented by each university and may be subject to change. Inquiries about the admission processes should be directed to the admissions offices of each university. The costs of the admission process are the responsibility of the applicant.
2. Business Administration
Administration 4. Administration and Agribusiness
5. Administration and Finance
6. Entrepreneurship Administration and Management
7. Administration and Marketing
Administration and Business 9. International Business and Administration
10. Administration and Human Resources
11. Administration and Digital Businesses
13. Computer Science
14. Data Sciences
16. Accounting and Administration
17. Accounting and Auditing
19. Economics and Finance
20. Managerial Economics
21. Economics and International Business
23. History and Cultural Management
24. Hospitality and Administration
Engineering 26. Civil
Engineering 27. Business Management
Engineering 28. Mining Management
Engineering 29. Energy Engineering
Engineering 31. Information Systems
Engineering 32. Electronic Engineering
33. Business Engineering
Engineering 35. Industrial and Systems
Engineering 36. Mechanical
Engineering 37. Mechanical-Electrical
Engineering 38. Mechatronics Engineering
39. Business Management
Engineering 40. Chemical
Engineering 41. Software
Engineering 42. Systems Engineering
44. International Business
45. Tourism and Administration
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE BCP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM REGULATIONS. If you are selected as a BCP scholarship recipient and proceed to accept the benefits of the program, your commitment to comply with its regulations is essential. Here are the most important points to keep in mind:
a. The scholarship recipient must not pursue parallel higher education in educational institutions other than the one indicated in the application.
b. The scholarship recipient must maintain outstanding academic performance during the years of a study financed by the program.
c. The scholarship recipient must have active participation in the activities organized by Becas BCP. Due to the high academic demands, the scholarship holder is not allowed to accept jobs, paid or unpaid, outside the university where the studies are being taken.
d. The maintenance allocation process is defined at the sole discretion of Becas BCP. In case the scholarship recipient has not been assigned to a scholarship with maintenance, he/she must assume the corresponding expenses that involve this concept.
and. The scholarships have maximum coverage of 11 consecutive academic cycles. In case the time required to complete the studies exceeds 11 cycles, the expenses will have to be assumed by the scholarship holder.
What benefits do the BCP – Peru University Scholarships offer?
1. Tuition fees for 11 consecutive academic cycles. Academic pensions for 11 consecutive academic cycles. Administrative costs of obtaining a degree or qualification.
2. English courses to obtain the degree. Accompaniment and tutoring program.
3. Talent development program. Laptop.
4. Health Plan.
5. Monthly support allowance, if applicable.
6. The granting of the maintenance benefit will be defined at the sole discretion of Becas BCP based on the place of origin and economic condition. To be considered for the support benefit, the applicant must meet and support one of the following conditions: (1) need to relocate outside their region of origin to pursue higher education or (2) household classified as extreme poverty by the Household Targeting System (SISFOH).
What are the requirements to achieve one of the BCP – Peru University Scholarships?
1. Peruvian nationality or permanent residence.
2. Financial need.
3. Study or have completed 3rd, 4th and 5th year of secondary school in a public or private school in Peru. Have finished school in the years 2020, 2021, and 2022.
4. Possess academic excellence of the upper third or verifiable outstanding performance in 3rd, 4th, and 5th of secondary school.
5. Have entered one of the allied universities and one of the careers financed by the BCP Scholarship program under an approved modality.
6. Starting a university career for the first time.
7. Not have a police or criminal record (of legal age).
How do I apply?
Interested persons must apply following the instructions at www.becasbcp.com, previously verifying compliance with the requirements and conditions mentioned in this document.
What documents do I need?
1. National Identity Document or Immigration Card of the applicant.
2. In the case of minors, the National Identity Document or Immigration Card of the proxy.
3. In the case of minors, authorization is signed by the parents to participate in the process.
4. Upper third certificates or better in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th years of secondary school. Certificate of studies.
5. Police and criminal records (only if you are of legal age).
6. Proof of being classified in the last payment scale of the chosen university.
7. SISFOH certificates, copy of evidence of having been a beneficiary of the State Bond, and other certificates. This document is not required for the application.
How is the intern selected?
SELECTION OF SCHOLARSHIP HOLDERS. Scholars will be selected on the basis of 3 phases that are detailed below:
PHASE 1 – REVIEW OF INFORMATION AND VERIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE WITH REQUIREMENTS
The eligibility of applicants will be verified by reviewing the information and supporting documentation provided during the application at www.becasbcp.com. Applicants who meet all the requirements and provide the specified supports will be selected as eligible and will proceed to the second phase. It is important to highlight that one of the essential requirements to pass this stage is to have achieved admission to one of the partner universities, in one of the financed careers, and under the modality allowed by the program.
PHASE 2 – PSYCHOMETRIC ASSESSMENT
Applicants who advance to phase 2 will receive an invitation to participate in psychometric tests implemented by a provider authorized by the Becas BCP program. The applicant will receive by email the details of how and when she can take the test. Applicants who do not attend or take the test in the indicated time window will be automatically disqualified. Tests cannot be rescheduled.
PHASE 3 – PERSONAL INTERVIEW
Applicants who achieve the required score in the psychometric tests will be invited to participate in a personal interview. The applicant will receive the details of the interview by email. Applicants who do not participate in the interview as directed will be automatically disqualified. Interviews cannot be rescheduled.
a. The selection phases are eliminatory. Once phase 3 is completed, the applicants selected to receive a scholarship will be notified via email or by telephone to the email or number provided on the application platform before February 28, 2023. The expenses incurred by the applicants for participation in the selection phases will not be reimbursed by the Becas BCP program.
b. The results of the evaluation phases will be for the exclusive use of the BCP Scholarship program, in accordance with the provisions of the terms and conditions published on the application platform.
EVALUATION CRITERIA. Applicants will be evaluated based on:
1. The academic performance obtained in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th years of secondary school. Results of the psychometric evaluations applied by Becas BCP. Result of the personal interview applied by Becas BCP.
2. Financial need is defined as difficulty in covering the academic expenses of the lowest pension scale of the selected university.
3. In the case of maintenance requests, the following will also be evaluated: Place of origin of the applicant.
4. Household classification in the Household Targeting System (SISFOH) as extreme poverty.
What else do I need to know?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What documents should I submit with my application?
Copy of valid DNI or CE (on both sides) and that of the attorney (in the case of minors). Authorization of the attorney (in case of minors).
Certificate of police and criminal records (in case of legal age).
Proof of academic performance proving at least the upper third in the 3rd, 4th and 5th years of secondary school.
For requests for support from applicants from Metropolitan Lima, the following must be presented: Certificate of the Household Targeting System (SISFOH).
How do I prove my financial need?
The economic folly is verified through various sources of information. First, and as a requirement to proceed with the application process, you must complete the economic evaluation procedures with your university and be placed on the lowest pension scale. You must also provide true information about the family’s economic situation, as requested on the application platform, and if applicable, provide the Certificate of the Household Targeting System (SISFOH). The program reserves the right to request supports that prove the family’s economic situation.
I STILL DON’T HAVE THE RESULTS OF 5TH SECONDARY, WHAT DO I DO?
In the event that you still do not have the results of the 5th year of secondary school, you must indicate it on the application platform and provide it later. The award of the scholarship is subject to the delivery of the official academic performance reports in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th years of secondary school.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I APPLY TO ONE OF THE UNIVERSITIES, GET IN AND CANNOT ACCESS THE SCHOLARSHIP?
There are a limited number of scholarships, so if you manage to enter the university, but do not access a BCP Scholarship, we recommend you approach the pension office of your university and ask about other financing options.
WILL THE EXPENSE INCURRED FOR THE ADMISSION EXAM BE REFUNDED IF I ACCESS THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The program will not reimburse any expenses incurred by the applicant for her participation in the university admission processes, such as the costs of the admission exam or the admission formalization processes.
IF I AM FROM A PRIVATE SCHOOL, CAN I ACCESS THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The program is open to students from public and private schools. However, it is important to support financial needs by following the procedure indicated on the platform. For more information see question 1.
I CHANGED SCHOOL BETWEEN 3RD AND 4TH, SHOULD I PRESENT THE THIRD PROOF OF EACH SCHOOL?
It is necessary to present proof of the third of the last three years of study at the school, even if there were changes in your study center.
SHOULD WE INFORM THE UNIVERSITIES THAT WE ARE IN THE SCHOLARSHIP PROCESS?
For more fluid coordination, it is important to indicate to your university, including the admissions and pensions office, that you are in the process of applying for the Becas BCP program.
THE UNIVERSITY ASKED ME TO PAY THE REGISTRATION COST AND/OR THE FIRST FEES AS SOON AS I AM ADMITTED, WILL IT BE REFUNDABLE?
In case you obtain the scholarship, the registration fees and/or first installment will be reimbursed by the Program. The program will not be responsible for expenses incurred by applicants who are not assigned a scholarship.
IN WHAT CASE SHOULD I SEND A CRIMINAL OR POLICE RECORD?
Applicants of legal age must provide criminal and police record certificates.
I ENTERED THE UNIVERSITY, BUT NOT THROUGH ONE OF THE SPECIFIED MODALITIES, CAN I APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
It is essential to gain admission to the university through one of the methods approved and detailed in the contest rules. Applicants who have entered through modalities not specified in the bases of the same will not be considered.
IF I DO NOT GET THE SCHOLARSHIP, CAN I APPLY AGAIN?
Interested persons may only apply once.
I STUDIED ONE OR MORE OF MY LAST THREE YEARS OF STUDY AT AN ALTERNATIVE BASIC EDUCATION CENTER (CEBA), CAN I APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
Yes, students from Alternative Basic Education Centers (CEBA) are considered.
WHAT DOES THE PSYCHOMETRIC TEST CONTAIN?
The psychometric test seeks to measure the applicant’s compatibility with the BCP Scholarship program and includes topics such as reasoning, logical thinking, and integrity, among others.
WHEN I CONCLUDE MY UNIVERSITY STUDIES SHOULD I RETURN WHAT I INVESTED IN THE PROGRAM TO ME?
The program does not request remuneration for what is invested. The only requirement is good academic performance and good behavior in the program.