It is a joint initiative of the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange implemented as part of the Polish development assistance program.
Based on article 19, paragraph 1, of the Law on the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange of July 7, 2017, the Director of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange announces the call for proposals to participate in the Program of Banach Scholarships – second-cycle studies.
LANGUAGE OF APPLICATION: The application will be prepared in Polish or English
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS AN APPLICANT MAY SUBMIT: 1
THEMATIC SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES IMPLEMENTED UNDER THE PROGRAM
The Program offers the scholarship for full-time second-cycle studies conducted in Polish or English at the universities supervised by the Ministry of Education and Science in the field of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences, and natural sciences, defined on the basis of the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of September 20, 2018, on the fields of science, scientific disciplines, and artistic disciplines.
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Moldova, Serbia, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan, the Program offers the opportunity to complete second cycle studies also in the field of the humanities and social sciences, with the exception of philological studies in the field of the mother tongue of the beneficiary’s country of origin.
It will not be possible to participate in the Program within other fields of science.
THE PROGRAM ALLOWS:
1. To start full-time studies conducted in Polish (Polish language route) or English (English language route) at public and non-public universities in the areas covered by the Program.
2. The choice of the training itinerary will be made in the application submission phase of the Program and will be binding throughout the period of participation in the Program. In exceptional and justified cases, the Agency may agree to change the training itinerary.
3. Participation in a preparatory course prior to studies in Poland (the Polish language path) or a summer course in Polish language and culture (the English language path) financed with the resources granted by the Director of NAWA.
The possibility of completing the preparatory course applies only to applicants within the Polish language route. The purpose of the course is to expand knowledge of the Polish language and knowledge within the main courses related to the future field of study.
The Polish Language and Culture Summer Course is offered only to Scholars within the English Language Pathway enrolled in 2022 and will take place after they have completed their first year of studies (or first semester of studies, according to the educational program applied at the University). The course will run for three weeks during the holiday season. Scholarship holders’ statements on participation in the Polish language and culture course will be accepted in the summer semester of the academic year 2022/2023.
Qualified applicants to participate in the Program must attend the course at a center designated by NAWA. The assignment to the centers that carry out the preparatory course will depend in particular on the planned field of study and the availability of free places in the centers.
Foreign nationals who meet all of the following criteria at the time of the call for proposals may apply for a scholarship under the Program:
1. Citizens of one of the following countries: Albania, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Montenegro, Ethiopia, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Colombia, Kosovo, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, Philippines, South Africa, Senegal, Serbia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
2. Not having Polish citizenship and not having applied for Polish citizenship.
3. Be planning to start second cycle studies or a preparatory course.
What level is the scholarship for?
Who awards the scholarship?
What benefits does the Banach Scholarship Program offer?
1. NAWA Director’s Monthly Scholarship during the statutory period of education
2. Tuition waiver at public universities
a. The financial conditions of education in non-public universities supervised by the Minister of Education and Science will be determined by the universities. In such cases, the issue of tuition fees must be agreed upon individually between the Scholar and the private university that hosts him/her.
b. The issue of tuition fee waivers will remain with the host non-public university.
c. The scholarship will be paid during the statutory period of education for a maximum of 12 months in the academic year, starting from the first month of classes during the preparatory course or studies.
SUPPORT STIPEND AMOUNT
1. PLN 1,700 per month during the preparatory course (the scholarship recipient must not have student status, which will prevent him or her from taking advantage of discounts applicable to students, for example, on public transport).
2. PLN 1,500 per month during second-cycle studies.
DURING THEIR STUDIES, SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WILL ALSO RECEIVE
a. During the first year of studies, the first monthly scholarship was increased by PLN 500,
b. During the last year of studies, the last monthly scholarship was increased by PLN 500.
c. In the case of a documented fortuitous event, the director of NAWA may, upon written request of the scholarship holder, increase the scholarship by PLN 500 one time.
d. The NAWA Director scholarship will be paid through the center that conducts the course or the university where the Scholar studies.
AMOUNT OF FUNDS AVAILABLE UNDER THE CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The total allocation for the call for proposals is approximately PLN 9,900,000, while the Agency reserves the right to change the allocation of funds.
The application will be open until March 31, 2022, at 3:00:00 pm local time (Warsaw)