Scholarships for postgraduate studies at ITESO, Mexico.
The AUIP scholarships for Postgraduate programs at ITESO, Mexico are part of an action to promote postgraduate studies and cooperation with Ibero-American universities sponsored by the Research and Postgraduate Directorate of ITESO, Jesuit University of Guadalajara (Mexico), in collaboration with the Ibero-American Postgraduate University Association (AUIP), in response to one of the strategic objectives of internationalization and enhancement of networking, which ITESO proposes within the framework of its Academic Development Plan.
The application criteria for scholarships for foreigners in Mexican postgraduate courses of the PNPC can be found in this link: https://conacyt.mx/becas_posgrados/becas-para-estudiantes-extranjeros/
The scholarship finances a maximum of 8 (eight) scholarships with an endowment of 90% of the tuition cost of each of the programs, most of which are part of the CONACYT National Quality Postgraduate Program, for the completion of doctoral, masters, or specialty studies at ITESO, Jesuit University of Guadalajara (Mexico).
Promote exchange and academic mobility of ITESO’s postgraduate programs with Ibero-American higher education institutions.
Facilitate the access of Ibero-American students to ITESO’s doctorates, and to the university’s master’s degrees and specialties that are part of the CONACYT National Quality Program.
Increase the participation of international postgraduate students to develop research processes, knowledge management, and its transfer, through collaboration networks at the national and international level.
SCHOLARSHIPS AIMED AT
These scholarships are aimed at people of a nationality other than Mexican who are linked to non-Mexican higher education institutions associated with the AUIP (see list of associated institutions).
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
Be graduates or professors linked to non-Mexican institutions associated with the AUIP.
Have prior knowledge in areas related to the postgraduate courses offered.
Have evidence of the previous point and a letter of support from the institution.
The programs for which scholarships may be requested in this scholarship are listed below. They all start classes on August 15, 2022, and have a variable duration, depending on the type of program in question. The study plan and details of each of these programs can be consulted on their respective web pages.
1. Doctorate in Engineering Sciences (1 scholarship)*: https://posgrados.iteso.mx/doctorado-ciencias-ingenieria (NOTE: At the moment this program is not part of the Conacyt PNPC, so it only offers the AUIP scholarship, but cannot award the maintenance scholarship from the Mexican Conacyt)
2. Interinstitutional Doctorate in Habitat and Sustainability (1 scholarship)1: https://posgrados.iteso.mx/doctorado-habitat-sustentabilidad
3. Interinstitutional Doctorate in Psychological Research (1 scholarship): https://posgrados.iteso.mx/doctorado-investigacion-psicologica
4. Master’s Degree in Projects and Sustainable Building (1 scholarship): https://posgrados.iteso.mx/ maestria-projects-edificacion-sustentables
5. Master’s Degree in Sustainable City and Public Space (1 scholarship): https://posgrados.iteso.mx/maestria-ciudad-espacio-publico-sustentable
6. Master’s Degree in Computer Systems (1 scholarship) https://posgrados.iteso.mx/maestria-sistemas-computacionales
7. Master in Communication of Science and Culture (1 scholarship): https://posgrados.iteso.mx/maestria-comunicacion-ciencia-cultura
8 Specialty in Embedded Systems (1 scholarship)*: https://posgrados.iteso.mx/especialidad-sistemas-embebidos
(*) These programs are attached to the PNPC in the modality with the industry. The scholarship offered by Conacyt to these students, which can be added to the AUIP scholarship, consists of a monthly aid of $5,000 MXP and applies to students who have a formal job in a company based in Mexico.
What benefits do the AUIP Scholarships offer for Postgraduate programs at ITESO, Mexico?
1. The amount of scholarship support covers 90% of the registration fees for each program, in accordance with the provisions of the official scholarship, and corresponds to the 2022 academic years
1.1. The support will be dedicated to financing tuition expenses, including administrative fees, with the exception of the fee for issuing the degree or the degree process before the ITESO School Services office.
2. These scholarships cover medical services and provide monthly payments for maintenance.
a. Additionally, students who benefit from these scholarships and are formally admitted may access the CONACYT NATIONAL QUALITY POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP if their program belongs to this standard.
b. To do this, they must prove their legal stay in the country and formally express their commitment to being full-time students within the postgraduate program and maintain academic or performance quality, in accordance with the criteria established in the Scholarship Allocation Agreement and in the CONACYT Scholarship Regulations.
c. In order to apply for the CONACYT scholarship, the international student must carry out the corresponding immigration procedures in accordance with what is established by CONACYT, and register for the postgraduate program through the mechanisms established by ITESO for that purpose.