It is with great pleasure that we bring you good news to keep your smiles long enough to go a mile because a smile is one thing that never goes out of style. It is in this light that we bring you to notice about the Chevening Scholarships in Canada.
This is to inform you that applications for CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP is open. Interested applicants should read on to learn how they can apply and land this student grant
About Chevening Scholarship
These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from their country and beyond to undertake a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening offers fully-funded scholarships, allowing you to focus on achieving your career goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime.
You will live and study in the UK for one year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network widely, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
If you have ambition, leadership potential, and a strong academic background, we encourage you to go to the UK and grow in the UK as a Chevening Scholar.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for Chevening Scholarships can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system,
Before you begin your application for a Chevening Scholarship, make sure you have the following list:
- Essential: Three different UK MSc course choice
- Optional: English language test results (if you have already met the requirements)
- Optional: UK Masters University Offer (if you have already met the requirements)
You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any time through November 3, 2022. Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be larger than 5 MB in size.
If you are ultimately conditionally selected for a Chevening scholarship, it is essential that you provide evidence that you meet the Chevening English language requirements and have at least one eligible course offer by November 3, 2022, to remain in the process.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have a bachelor’s degree that allows you to enter a postgraduate program at a UK university. Usually, this equates to an upper second class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience (this can be up to five years for scholarship programs, so check your country page for details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer of one of these options by 3 November 2022
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by November 3, 2022.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Award if:
- Hold British citizenship or British dual nationality (unless you are a British Overseas Territory citizen or hold BN(O) and apply from Hong Kong)
- You are an employee, former employee, or family member of an employee (since July 2015) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, Department for International Development, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Department of Commerce International). , the Ministry of Defense and the Home Office), the British Council, or a member of staff of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Employees, former employees, or family members of an employee (as of July 2015) of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply, but may not receive a Chevening/Partner Award from the organization they work for, previously worked for, or are affiliated with. through relatives.
- ( Note: Immediate relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-parents, spouse, civil partner, or unmarried couple (where the couple has been in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years) )
- I have previously studied in the UK with funds from a UK Government-funded scholarship. However, if you have previously studied on a UK Government-funded scholarship (including Chevening), you may be eligible to apply for a Chevening scholarship five years after completing your initial UK Government-funded scholarship.
Once submitted, applications are electronically screened against our eligibility criteria. Any application found to be ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please note that once your request has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
You are free to take tests more than once to fulfill the Chevening English language requirement. Please note that Chevening does not pay for the costs associated with English language tests. You are responsible for booking and paying the costs associated with these tests.
Chevening accepts English tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
Choose your three courses carefully, as you will not be able to change them after submitting your application. To be eligible for the scholarship, you must obtain an unconditional offer for one of your course options by November 3, 2022.
Applicants will need to select three different MSc courses, these may be three different courses at the same institution or the same degree course but at three different universities.
You should choose your field of study carefully and select courses that reflect your current or future career goals.
To be eligible, the courses you choose must be :
- full time
- Start in the fall term (usually September/October)
- Taught MSc (i.e. not research-focused MRes programs)
- Lead to a Master’s qualification
- Based in the UK
Courses cannot be :
- distance education
- Less than nine months in length
- More than 12 months duration
- Ph.D. or DPhil are not allowed
As the Chevening Scholarships are fully funded, your award includes the following:
- college tuition
- a monthly stipend
- travel expenses to and from the UK
- an arrival assignment
- a homebound assignment
- the cost of a visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Applications for the Chevening Scholarships 2022 will remain open until 12:00 (noon) GMT on November 3, 2022.
For more information on how to apply for the Chevening Scholarships, we invite you to read more
If you want to know more about Chevening in Canada, click on this link.