EL Casa del Pescador Scholarship is a kindergarten scholarship for the military family; Applications for the scholarship are generally competitive and are only reserved for US citizens.
If this sounds good to you, do it right and apply for this scholarship.
About the Host – The Fisher House Foundation
The Fisher House Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides free or low-cost lodging for military and veteran families while their loved ones receive medical treatment. The foundation was established in 1990 by Zachary Fisher, a New York City real estate developer, and philanthropist.
The Fisher House Foundation has built a network of comfort homes, located near major military and VA medical centers, where families can stay at no cost while their loved ones receive medical treatment. The foundation also provides scholarships for military children and spouses and supports various other programs that benefit military families.
Since its inception, the Fisher House Foundation has helped more than 400,000 families, saving them an estimated $500 million in lodging and transportation costs. The organization is funded through donations from individuals, corporations, and other organizations.
The Fisher House Scholarship
The Casa del Pescador Foundation Scholarship is honored to participate in the Military Children’s Scholarship Program. The Casa del Pescador La Beca de la Fundación supports the military community through programs like this scholarship.
The Military Children’s Scholarship Program was created to recognize the contributions of military families to combat force readiness and to celebrate the role of the commissioner in the military family community. A total of 700 scholarships, each worth $2,000, will be awarded for the 2023 school year.
For 25 years, the Fisher House Foundation has been dedicated to meeting the needs of our nation’s service members, veterans, and their families.
The Casa del Pescador Scholarship is open to applications for US citizens.
The Casa del Pescador Scholarship is hosted in the United States.
The 2023 Military Children’s Scholarship Program will award $2,000 in non-renewable scholarships. Prior-year recipients must reapply to be considered.
Fisher House Military Scholarship Eligibility:
- Only dependent unmarried children under the age of 23 of active duty, Reserve/Guard, retired military personnel, survivors of service members who died while on active duty, or survivors of individuals who died while receiving retiree pay from the army can apply for a scholarship.
- Dependent children of NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration), Public Health Service, other federal or military agencies or activities, or civilian employees of the Department of Defense are not eligible unless they meet the above requirement.
- Applicants must enroll or plan to enroll in a full-time bachelor’s program at an accredited American college or university in the fall 2023 term.
- Applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree or have enrolled in a graduate program are not eligible.
- High school applicants must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 basis) to be eligible to apply.
- College applicants must have a minimum weighted GPA of 2.5 (based on 4.0) to be eligible to apply.
How to Apply for the Fisher House Military Scholarship:
Interested candidates can download the application form through the given link here.
- Write an essay on the following topic. The essay must be 500 words or less, typed or computer generated, double-spaced, and no more than two pages. Place your name in the upper right-hand corner of each essay page.
If you don’t know how to write scholarship essays, here we provided an expert guide on how to write a winning essay and very common mistakes you should avoid when writing a scholarship essay.
Obesity is one of the leading causes of military ineligibility among people ages 17-24, affecting nearly 30% of men and women in this age group.
Specifically, how would you approach this problem, and what are your proposed solutions? What would be the challenges in implementing your plan?
- Transcript (or copy of your grades)
The application package must be sent to one of the following: Commissary Manager, your designee, Customer Service, or the Cashier’s Office at the Commissary of your choice.
Application Deadline for the Fisher House Foundation Scholarship:
The completed application must be submitted no later than February of the year.
For more information:
You can direct any questions to SM at (856) 616-9311 or to a [email protected]