Do you have an idea that could revolutionize the construction industry or improve the built environment? If so, you may be interested in the COINS Grand Challenge 2023. This challenge offers a chance to receive financial support, business administration support, and other benefits.
Participating in the Construction Industry Solutions Ltd challenge could be a great way to jumpstart your career. Winners can receive cash prizes, scholarships, and more.
The aim of the Construction Industry Solutions Ltd challenge is to make the world a better place by identifying innovative entrepreneurs and leaders with ideas that can improve the built environment.
There are two categories for the competition: an open competition and a competition for students.
If you’re interested in the open competition, you’ll need to come up with a realistic idea that uses new or emerging technologies to reduce costs, increase efficiency, or improve the durability, quality, or conformance of buildings during construction or throughout their life cycle.
For those interested in the undergraduate competition, the task is to write an essay or create a video that answers the following question: “What new and emerging technologies will have the most significant impact on businesses in the next few years, and how can these technologies be applied to the built environment, either during construction or throughout a building’s life cycle?”
About the sponsor: Construction Industry Solutions Ltd. (COINS)
Construction Industry Solutions Ltd. (COINS) is the sponsor of this challenge. COINS has been providing construction management software and services to the construction, engineering, home building, and service industries for over 30 years.
Their team has over 4,000 man-years of industry knowledge, which they use to create an integrated construction software platform for successful engineering and contractors to manage the project life cycle, as well as solutions for homebuilders and speculative real estate developers.
Field of Study
The competitions focus on fields of study that address the global challenges facing the construction industry:
- Challenge 1: New and Emerging Technologies
- Challenge 2: Leadership
This global competition is organized by Construction Industry Solutions Ltd. (COINS) to support innovation in the construction industry.
This competition is open to anyone with ideas to improve the building, including cost reduction, increased efficiency, increased durability, safety, quality, or compliance throughout the construction cycle.
In addition to the COINS Grand Challenge 2023, there are other scholarships available for international students to study abroad. You can check our “scholarships by country” section to access all available scholarships.
Value of the Grand Challenge COINS Scholarship
- For the open competition: £115,000 in cash prizes, funding for research and development, investment in your business, and engagement with influential executives.
- For the Undergraduate Competition: £3,000 in prizes and the opportunity to connect with some of the biggest players in the industry.
Eligibility for the Grand COIN Challenge 2023: To be eligible for the competition, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Clearly state how their idea will address the competition topic.
- Speak fluent English.
- Be at least 18 years old on November 1, 2023.
- Attend the Grand Finale in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, on Monday, September 21, 2023.
- The idea must be applicable to the construction industry.
How to Apply for the Grand Challenge COINS 2023: To apply for the competition, follow these steps:
- For open competition candidates: Describe your idea and its potential impact by answering a short set of detailed questions using the official online application form.
- For undergraduate students: Submit your 3-10 minute 800-word essay or video using their online application form.
Application Deadline for Grand Challenge Coins 2023 The competition is now open, and the deadline for applications is June 22, 2023. Finalists will be notified by July 20, 2023.
COINS User Conference 2023 To meet the finalists and gain insights into the latest construction innovation thinking from industry leaders, plan to attend the 2023 COINS User Conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from September 20-22, 2023.