Sub-Saharan students who will be commencing their Master’s degree can now apply for the International Development Scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship will be intended for the Sub-Saharan students who can demonstrate their academic skills and leadership skills.
The International Development Scholarship
The International Development Scholarship is one of the competitive scholarships offered at the University of Anglia in the UK. The scholarship is intended for the Sub-Sharan citizens that can demonstrate their academic excellence and aim to further their education in the UK.
As one of the competitive scholarships, the university will be awarding a total of 3 students with a scholarship tuition fee funding with a total value of £8000. The eligible Sub-Saharan students will have the opportunity to further their higher education without the financial barrier that becomes one of the hindrances to pursuing their education.
Scholarship Provider: University of Anglia
About the Provider
The University of Anglia established in 1963 was one of the oldest universities with a total of 16,872 students population and ranked 182 in Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Annually, the university offers a variety of scholarships that can help every local and international student with their academic fees and related expenses. Learning at the university can provide a vibrant and stunning campus experience that can boost their personal and professional development.
The university aims to bring innovations, collaborate, and provide assistance for the better future of every student. The university treats everyone in a fair and equal way, values diversity, and represents different thoughts and views. They are open to challenges so they can learn and grow. They encourage one another to create a positive and accessible environment that supports our physical and mental well-being.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicants Nationality: Sub-Saharan Country
- Degree Level: Masters Degree
- Field: International Development, Social Science
- Number of Awards: 3
- Funding Type: Tuition fee
- Scholarship Value: £8000
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Duration: 1 year
Before proceeding to the application process, interested students must check the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
- Must be students from the Sub-Sharan Countries.
- An international paying fee student, If the fee status changes from international fees to domestic fees during your study period, the scholarship will be terminated.
- When you apply for a scholarship, you will receive an offer to study at the University of Anglia.
- The students who have already received sponsorship or scholarship outside any organizations, governments will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
- The students must be holding a degree with the classification of 2.1 or equivalent to the international al grading system.
- Must be able to submit a scholarship essay consisting of 250 words.
The essay must be 250 words answering the following questions:
- How will the program you implement help you achieve your career goals and how will your experiences and interests help the group as a whole?
The scholarship committee is looking for a carefully written and clear summary of how you believe that the knowledge, skills and experience gained from studying in this course at the School of International Development will help you achieve your career successfully. They also want to understand how your existing experiences and interests can enhance the overall learning experience of your peers in the same course and within the wider Master’s group.
The scholarship panel’s decision for the eligibility criteria is final. Please keep in mind that the scholarship application will not remove the international pay deposits.
The students who have met the eligibility of the scholarship are invited to further on the application process.
- The applicants must meet the eligibility criteria of the scholarship and the eligible chosen courses must be read in detail.
- Interested students can apply for the scholarship using the scholarship portal provided by the university.
Applicants will be invited to an interview to ensure that all the information that has been given is true and zero misinterpretations and 100% correct on the procedures.
- Personal statements
- Official Transcript of records
- English Language Certificate
The students must submit the required documents to support their scholarship application.
- The students are required to have good communication skills in the English language, the university requires a GCSE English language Certificate, minimum of grade C or above.
- All international students entering Student Visa must meet the minimum English language requirements as set out in the UK Immigration and Visa Regulations
Scholarship Important Note
- If you are successful, you will be enrolled and accepted as a full-time or part-time graduate student for a graduate program with credits according to our study rules in the course catalog. You must comply with the university’s applicable charter, laws, regulations, and policies.
- The university may make changes to these Terms from time to time and the version applicable to you will be in effect at the time of your request.
- The university has its sole discretion, to decide how long they will provide the scholarship program, how long the scholarship program will last, and they may withdraw the scholarship program at any time without notice.
- The scholarship is a tuition fee reduction credited directly to your student account. There is no alternative or equivalent cash payment.
- The awardees may be required to participate in the events, marketing campaigns, speech, publications, and other interviews which will be related o the scholarship scheme promotions.
- Please note that the scholarship award cannot be deferred to the following year. If you reschedule your entry to our courses, any scholarship awards will be canceled. You can apply for the same or a different scholarship next year, but not all awards are guaranteed.
- The scholarship will be withdrawn if the students have failed to comply with the requirements to attend any events, campaigns, interview, or participate in the promotion of the scholarship scheme.
The University of Anglia will be awarding three students from the country of Sub-Sahara. A tuition fee coverage with a total value of £8000 will be awarded to the successful students.
The successful students are required to prepare a testimonial after the scholarship has been awarded.
The application deadline is until May 31, 2022. All incomplete and late applications will not be considered. Late applications can apply for the next academic year when the scholarship opens.