The undergraduate and postgraduate students in Japan and Australia can now start their application for the Sakuko Matsui Australia-Japan Friendship Scholarship offered by the University of Sydney for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship aims to provide assistance to a research program at the University of Sydney at the Faculty of Arts and Social Science valued at up to $8,000 to use towards their education cost and be able to further their higher education in Australia.
The Sakuko Matsui Australia-Japan Friendship Scholarship is funded by the donation of the Associate Professor SAkuko Matsui to provide assistance to the students of the University of Sydney to help them foster the linguistic, cultural, and intellectual engagements between Australia and Japan Country.
Scholarship Provider: University of Sydney
About the Provider
For almost 170 years, the University of Sydney has been challenging traditions and making every life better by developing more leaders of the society and equipping them with the right leadership qualities and skills so the communities can be served at any level possible.
As one of the leading public universities in Australia, the university has been known to provide high-quality education and research and has been ranked 27th in the university world ranking among the top 50 in the world. The University of Sydney believes in education and leadership that can help every society and community in improving their lives by serving with the community services.
The University of Sydney is an internationally renowned leader in research, providing education, students experiences, and graduate employability rate, they represent remarkable excellence in the field of research and providing higher education to both local and international students. The local and international students admitted to the university can guarantee dedicated support along their educational journey and more opportunities to help them achieve their careers in the future.
Over $105 million dollars total value of scholarships annually has been awarded to both local and international students in different areas and categories, which also benefits the employability rates of every graduate student at the University of Sydney. The majority of their degrees are embedded in an internship that can range from two weeks to a maximum of full years.
The students who are admitted to the university have a variety of choices from a flexible course to degree structures. Both local and international students can choose their courses and opportunities to explore their life goals and suit their passion for the future. The university promotes leadership by providing excellent research and teaching facilities. The university educators, researchers, and leading thinkers are paving the way for solving complex global problems affecting our health, environment, technology, and culture.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Field: Arts and Social Science
- Duration: 1 Year
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Total Value: $8,000
- Applicant’s Nationality: Australia and Japan
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Eligibility for the Australian and Japanese Students
Before proceeding to the scholarship application process, the students must be able to meet the eligibility of the program. Local and Japanese students must follow the criteria to be able to be considered for the application.
- Domestic students who are admitted to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Japanese studies at the School of Language and Cultures and Faculty of Art and Social Science are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The Japanese studies include all the studies related to the Japanese arts, culture, history, language, literature, and society.
- The international students from the country of Japan enrolled at the Univerity of Sydney or who will be admitted/reside at the Women’s College are encouraged to apply.
A higher preference to receive the scholarship awards will be given to the following:
- Local students who aim to pursue their research studies in Japan or travel to Japan for their research studies.
- Local students who will be admitted with an undergraduate and postgraduate degree can demonstrate their financial needs to further their higher education.
- Local students with postgraduate degrees who currently reside at the Women’s College and intend to travel to Japan to do their research studies.
- The international students from Japan who live or intended to reside at the Women’s College.
To be able to complete the application process for the eligible students, the applicants must log in to the online portal provided by the University of Sydney. The scholarship application must be able to submit separately to the admission department of the university. It is important to meet the eligibility of the scholarship for the application process to be considered.
Keep in mind that before submitting the application form online, applicants must read all the important guidelines of the application process.
As part of the application process, the University of Sydney requires the applicants to submit the necessary documents to better support their application. The University of Sydney will be accepting a scanned copy which must be true and completed. Original and certified documents must be prepared by the applicants.
- Transcript of records
- Academic Achievements
- Certificates/ Degree
- Proposal research
- Detailed BUdgets
- Proof of Financial harship
- Proof of residencey
- Personal Statement outlining the reason to apply for the scholarship and the relevance to doing research in Japan.
The scholarship panel will be evaluating the following:
- Applicants eligibility
- Academic Merit
- Financial hardship
- Personal statements
Scholarship Total Value
The University of Sydney will provide a total value amount of $8,000 to the successful students, the exact amount of the scholarship will be stipulated by the Scholarship Letter to the successful students.
Keep in mind that no other amount will be awarded to the recipient of the scholarship, the beneficiary of the award must read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
Scholarship Important Date
The scholarship opens on May 9, 2022, and will be closed on May 30, 2022. All late and incomplete applications will be automatically rejected by the scholarship panel. The decision of the panel committee will be final and cannot be deferred.