The Engineering Institute of Technology is a private college operating globally. Founded in 2008, with headquarters in Perth, Australia. Or known as it’s abbreviated name, EIT is a Registered Training Organization in the Vocational Education and Training Sector in Australia and is regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
The Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) was founded as an affiliate of IDC Technologies by Dr. Stephen Mackay. Dr. Mackay is the institute’s Dean of Engineering. After its founding, the college proceeded to offer live, online programs presented by industry-based lecturers who are sourced globally. The online EIT campus is accessed by students worldwide.
EIT offers courses for professional development and Australian accredited qualifications in Engineering Management, Civil Engineering, Data Communications, and Industrial IT, Industrial Automation, Instrumentation and Process Control, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
By 2023, EIT will be internationally recognized for its blended learning education in the engineering and technology areas. Drawing students from throughout the world because of the institute’s reputation for engineering programs, which is strongly industry-oriented, coupled with graduate attributes that make the students perfect employees.
- Must be starting one of EIT’s Bachelor or Master degree programs
- Must meet or exceed the English Language Proficiency requirement for the specific course of study
- For master degree entrants, must meet all other entry requirements for the course, plus at least an overall average of 70% (or equivalent result) in a congruent Bachelor Degree
- For bachelor degree entrants, must meet all other entry requirements for the course, plus at least an overall average of 70% in grade 12 (or highest-level award in equivalent pathway)
- Must also meet the 70% result in all Math’s units (for entry to EIT Bachelor Degrees)
- Both male and female students may apply
- As of currently there is no age restriction when applying
- Students do not have to show financial income since this is not a financial-need based scholarship
- This is a merit, academic-based scholarship
- International students from all over the world may apply
- Students must show a Conditional Letter of Offer from the Engineering Institute of Technology Australia
- A requirement of studying with EIT is to provide a certified/notarized copy of a formal identification document
- Include full first and last name
- Student photograph
- An acceptable formal identification document includes either a copy of a current passport, drivers licence, ID card, or other official licence which includes a photograph
- Also needed to provide certified/notarized qualification transcripts
- The certified/notarized transcripts must show all programs and an official statement to confirm that all requirements for the qualification have been satisfied
It is a must that all students successfully pass all units attempted each semester otherwise the scholarship will be revoked by EIT.
All individuals should know that the scholarship will be forfeited if the student defers their course or withdraws from the course, unless otherwise approved by EIT.
Also if a student is involved in any academic misconduct, owes a debt to EIT (i.e. does not pay fees on time) or becomes a student at risk at any time during their course then the scholarship will be forfeited.
Please note that for international students, there is an AU$100 application fee for direct applications.
Student visa for Australia will be required since this scholarship can be used for online or in-person. The reasoning that a student would need a student visa if they were to conduct their schooling online is that Australia has to have on record that a student has required a student visa to attend.
How to Apply
International students can apply through the online website application form portal. This will show up no the website’s front page when the scholarship is open for submission.
If a student has already submitted their course application, they can still send in their scholarship application to the provided email address that is presented.
International students will need to click on the “Enquire Now” button from the relevant course page that they are interested in.
Then that student must fill in a form with their contact details and will subsequently receive a validation email. From here the student will be paired with an Education Agent in that individuals region.
From their the education agent will submit the international student’s application on their behalf. All applicants will be required to indicate whether they wish to apply for credit/recognition of prior learning, provide details of relevant work experience, employment (including a resume/CV) where applicable, evidence of English proficiency, certified/notarized photo ID and certified/notarized qualifications transcripts.
So students should have all of these official documents ready to send to their education agent.
The EIT Admissions Team will assess each application, which will take approximately two working days. During this time, every student will be notified if further documents are required. This can obviously delay the assessment process for some time.
Reward – Extra Benefits
This scholarship will cover anyone’s tuition by paying towards 20% of a student’s entire tuition. Which equals around to $8,000 – $10,000. The scholarship discount will be divided evenly across the total amount of units in the course and applied each semester to each unit being undertaken, not in one major sum.
Only tuition fees are covered for this scholarship award, not any other non-tuition fees or expenses.
The 20% reduction will only apply to units to be studied by the student. If a student receives Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), the course tuition fee amount will be reduced accordingly and the 20% scholarship will only apply to the reduced course tuition fee amount.
However, when a student receives word that they have been accepted to EIT, they will need to provide an exact invoice that will request payment for their first-semester tuition fees and the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) fee, or provide evidence that they have organized.
After the fees have process, students will receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrollment.
The official deadline date is one month prior to the start date of the course.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is from
This is an annual online and in-person scholarship.