The University of Oregon has been around since 1876 with a near 300 acres of land surrounding the wonderful and natural higher education institution. This higher education college is a public research institute. Any public colleges do offer more affordable tuition prices than private schools. However, students can expect at least to pay nearly $20,000 USD a year.
Schools and facilities that are part of the university include:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Global Studies and Languages
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business
- School of Accounting
- College of Design
- School of Architecture & Environment
- School of Art and Design
- School of Planning, Public Policy, and Management
- College of Education
- Robert D. Clark Honors College
- Graduate School
- School of Journalism and Communication
- School of Law
- School of Music and Dance
The University of Oregon has these academic programs available:
- African studies
- Art and technology
- Arabic studies
- Audio production
- Asian Studies
- Business administration
- Black studies
- Classical civilization
- Cinema studies
- Communication disorders and sciences
- Computer and information technology
- Disability studies
- Family and human services
- Folklore and public culture
- German and Scandinavian Studies
- General social sciences
- Greek studies
- Global studies
- Historic preservation
- Human physiology
- Interior architecture
- Indigenous, race, and ethnic studies
- Landscape architecture
- Latin American studies
- Leadership and administrative skills
There are many many programs that are either undergraduate, graduate, or postdoctoral which are available to students. However, this scholarship is strictly for new freshmen students who have not transferred from another school and have not attended any other school before.
- This scholarship is both for domestic residents and for international students, there will be a difference in tuition reward.
- Students must maintain a 3.7-grade point average.
- Also the student must not have attended another college or higher education institution. The University of Oregon must be the first university they have attended for higher learning.
- Any subject course is eligible for this scholarship.
- This is a specific request, but students must be new freshmen students that should enroll for the Fall semester to qualify for this scholarship option. So technically, this would be determined as a Fall semester scholarship opportunity.
- Eligible students must enroll for 12 college credits per term to also be deemed as completely eligible.
The first step students need to do is to submit their applications for admission before January 15, 2023. Afterwards, other materials that need to be submitted to the Office of Admissions before February 15, 2023.
Another requirement is the grade point average of 3.7. out of 4.0. to ensure that the student can handle the academics during their college first year. Now for renewal the student can allow their college grade point average to slip to 3.0. but it can not be lower than that.
How to Apply
Anyone who has enrolled to the The University of Oregon, will be automatically put into the drawing for this scholarship. No second application is needed to submit as a separate scholarship application.
Students will need to show that they have the academic excellence background of volunteering and awards to back up some of the evidence they will need to provide when submitting their admission for the USP program.
Reward – Extra Benefits
Domestic students that are rewarded will receive a total of $8,000 USD while international students that are awarded will be given $30,000 USD to make up for the international cost difference.
Domestic students would receive $2,000 of there $8,000 per year. While international students would receive $7,500 per year as part of their $30,000 award.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline date for this scholarship option is January 15, 2023. Even with the important documents needed to be turned in by February 15th, 2023. January 15th, 2023 is the official deadline date. As of right now there is no possibility for a deadline extension for any student. Although international students may have a different submission deadline if something occurs.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window begins in the Fall of 2022 and lasts until January 15, 2023. This does give students enough time to secure all of their necessary documents. Along with international students being able to secure their student visa and necessary information to send in to the The University of Oregon.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship option that can be renewed for up to 12 college terms. That is 12 college terms within a fiver year span. Students should be seeking either a BLA, BIARC, or BARCH degree to be considered. For all renewal options the student must maintain a 3.0 grade point average that’s on the 4.0. GPA scale.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All applicants should consult the phone number if a question has not been answered. Beforehand to check the university ‘FAQs’ page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Any student that is unsure about the rules and guidelines that are meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.