The Oregon-Idaho Conference Ethnic Leadership Award looks to students who have shown extraordinary spirit within their church youth community.
Applicants who attend church and show leadership qualities or skills will be assigned to show their pastor the application information. Because the church pastor will be the one to confirm membership, and congregation of the student who is applying.
This scholarship is presented by The United Methodist Church whose mission is to transform the world for the better utilizing higher education.
- Must be an undergraduate or an graduate student
- Must provide the UM church the student attends or has attended to be able to apply for this scholarship
- Students must provide the information of the school they are currently enrolled or have recently be accepted to
- The church pastor will need to confirm the students church membership, as well, as an addition church goer reference
- Some students will be asked to present a current or recent copy of their resume
- The individuals picked to do the letters of recommendations will need a specific pass-code and login
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be a resident of Idaho or Oregon state
All applicants who apply to this scholarship are judged based on their leadership skills and or potential leadership skills that they have shown throughout their school year.
Oddly enough this scholarship has some leeway when it comes to using the funds for it. The funds can be used to go towards the tuition or textbook fees to any accredited 4-year or 2-year university. But the university or college must be an accredited one that will utilize this award.
Applicants must have all of the emails from the individual who wrote their letters of recommendations.
How to Apply
Contact the email provided to inquire more about how to apply for the scholarship itself.
The scholarship official title name is GBHEM scholarships, on the website provided. Any paper application sent in will be dismissed and the GBHEM scholarship has partnered with an International Scholarship and Tuition Services Inc. who goes through and will dismiss students who have subjected a paper application.
All applications must be made electronically through the website portal that they provide to the students.
The application portal also will show students when they have applied if there is any missing information needed so the student can go and edit their application.
All applicants must provide official transcript copies, as well as I.D. photo copies.
- First time applicants will need to create a login to access the application student portal.
- There are multiple steps a student needs to follow to apply for this scholarship, however, the first official step would be receiving the “letters of recommendation’ from at least 3 sources and providing their email addresses.
- Because these 3 individuals will receive information about presenting and submitting their letters to the website themselves, not the student.
- Applicants must follow the guidelines precisely which are given on the website.
The reward is $750 that can go towards tuition payments or to textbook fee payments.
The application window is open from December 15, 2021 – March 24, 2022. The official deadline is March 24, 2022.
This is an annual scholarship award that can be applied each year. However, the same student can not apply to this scholarship twice, only one entry per student.