PhD Scholarships 2022-2023 at Prince of Songkla University (PSU) are fully paid scholarships for international students. These scholarships will cover a monthly allowance (currently 10,000 Baht) that will cover housing and living expenses, tuition fees, and health and accident insurance coverage during the scholarship period in Thailand (90 US$).
The Faculty of Dentistry at Prince of Songkla University (PSU) understands the importance of a graduate program in knowledge development and high-quality research publications.
International collaboration and academic internationalization are also important aspects of graduate programs. The Faculty of Dentistry, PSU is pleased to announce the 2022 PSU-Faculty of Dentistry International Student Graduate Scholarships (PSU-Dent ISG Scholarships) for outstanding international students to study in the graduate programs in order to support, strengthen, and internationalize the graduate programs.
About the Scholarship:
PSU, also known as Mahawitthayalai Songkhla Nakharin in Thai, was established in 1967 and is named after His Royal Highness Prince Mahidol Adulyadej, Prince of Songkla, who died in 1929.
Prince of Songkla Institution was founded in 1967, making it the southern Thailand’s oldest university. Hat Yai, Pattani, Phuket, Trang, and Surat Thani are among the institution’s five campuses. The first permanent site opened in Pattani in 1968, and the campuses now occupy approximately 620 hectares.
There are 39 faculties, colleges, and institutions at the university. It comprises four hospitals and more than 40 research and excellence centers. PSU’s main goals are to improve general education standards while also promoting area industry and development.
The departments of hospitality and tourism, as well as nursing and medicine, are among the university’s main faculties.
Furthermore, PSU’s Center of Excellence in Nanotechnology for Energy, which began operations in April 2012, conducts research in fields like as energy conversion, energy storage, and energy conservation. The center’s research aims to develop energy production systems that do not rely on external power or fuel burning, and to save energy in the long run.
The university has worldwide collaboration agreements with universities in over 40 countries, as well as a number of international organizations such as the World Health Organization, Unesco, and the European Union. There are two Confucius Institutes in the city, one of which was named Confucius Institute of the Year in 2009.
Prince of Songkla University (PSU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in a variety of fields, including pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, and doctorate degrees. For more information, see the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below. This 52-year-old Thai university has a selective admission procedure based on entrance exams. The admission percentage ranges from 60 to 70%, making this Thai higher education school somewhat selective.
Applicants from all over the world are welcome to apply. PSU also provides a library, accommodation, sports facilities, financial aid and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services to students.
The university’s main goals are to improve general education standards and to promote area industry and growth. Furthermore, the university aspires to achieve excellence in research and teaching, to provide academic services to communities, and to play a significant role in the preservation of national heritage in the arts and culture, particularly for people from southern Thailand. As a result, as a major research institution in Asia, PSU has made substantial contributions to the country’s growth and has continuously produced well-qualified graduates with excellent professional standing. Vision of the PSU:
Prince of Songkla Institution is a prominent research university in Asia, dedicated to generating internationally recognized graduates, actively serving the community, and playing a key role in the preservation and promotion of national heritage in the arts and culture.
The Prince of Songkla University is one of Thailand’s top ten universities. The university was ranked 481st in 2006 and 525th in 2007, according to the World University Rankings, and was ranked 7th and 6th in Thailand Universities in 2006 and 2007. The University is the first Thai university to rank in the top 400 in the World Rankings in 2008, top 300 in 2009, and top 200 in 2009. National University Rankings of Singapore ranked the university 175th in the world, 18th in Asia, and 2nd in Southeast in 2009.
Chotika Wongwilas (actor), Kanokphong Songsomphan (a Thai writer), Rangsima Rodrasamee (a Thai politician), Sirichok Sopha (a former member of the Thai House of Representatives), and Somjai Suwansupana (a former member of the Thai House of Representatives) (Thai politician).
There are four campuses and one educational service at Prince of Songkla University. Hat Yai Campus is the main campus, which is located in the heart of Bangkok. The university has 20 faculties, each with its own department. Pattani Campus is the second campus. On campus, the university has eight faculties. The third campus, Phuket, is the most internationally oriented. Surat Thani Campus, located in the Upper South, is the fourth campus. The fifth campus, located on the West Coast, is Trang.
At the 47th International Exhibition of Inventions in Geneva, researchers from Prince of Songkla University earned two silver and two bronze medals. At the YICMG 2019 competition, PSU students from the Faculty of Architecture and the Faculty of Commerce and Management, Trang Campus, earned the Most Innovative Team award.
Prince of Songkla University offers 295 academic programs, including 18 international programs and three foreign language programs. Undergraduate, postgraduate, master’s, and PhD programs are also available at the university. There are 39 faculties, colleges, and institutions at the university. There are around 1200 academic staff members at the university, as well as 29,000 undergraduate students and 5,000 postgraduate students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Prince of Songkla University (PSU)
Host Country(s): Thailand
Scholarship Worth: $7200
Field of Study: Dentistry
Study Level: PhD
The PhD Scholarships of the Prince of Songkla University will cover the following expenses:
- Housing and living expenses are covered by a monthly allowance (currently 10,000 Baht).
- The cost of tuition.
- Travel expenses to and from the home country at the start and end of the scholarship term (maximum 15,000 Baht, approximately 450 USD).
- Health and accident insurance coverage for the duration of the scholarship in Thailand (90 USD).
Eligibility for Scholarship
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for Prince of Songkla University PhD Scholarships:
- Required Language:
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- International students with good academic record and research experience.
- Eligibility is restricted to new graduate students who are expecting to begin his/her studies at PS in semester 1/2022 or 2/2022.
- The subject in which the previous degree was obtained must match and fulfill the requirements of the program’s Curriculum.
- The applicant must not be a recipient of another scholarship that covers living expense during the same period.
- The applicant must pass an officially recognized English examination as below:
PSU-TEP Score of 60 or CU-TEP score of 60 or TOEFL(Paper Based) minimum score of 500 or(Revised paper delivered test) minimum score of 46 or(Institutional testing program) minimum score of 520 or(Computer Based) minimum score of 173 or(Internet Based) minimum score of 61 or-IELTS Score of 5.0.
- The scholar must be a full-time student with a Non-immigrant “ED visa (Study Permit). The Scholar entering Thailand on a tourist visa cannot enroll and may have his/her scholarship cancelled.
- The scholar must study and perform, the research thesis with an endeavor.
- The scholar must report the progress of his/her study to the faculty of Dentistry every 6 months.
- The scholar must pass the proposal examination in a third semester.
- The scholar must study and perform the research thesis with an endeavor.
- To fulfill the scholarship requirements, the scholar must publish his/her dissertation in reputable, peer-reviewed international journal(s) indexed in Web of Science (with ISI impact factor) at least two publications and must follow the graduate requirements of each graduate program.
- Once an applicant has been accepted for a particular program of study, the scholar is expected to complete the study within the given time frame and cannot change to a different program of study.
- If the scholar has no progress on his/her study or thesis without proper reasons, the committee of each graduate program has to inform to the Faculty of Dentistry to terminate a scholarship.
- Other terms apply as established by the Faculty of Dentistry.
The following are the eligibility requirements for applying:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A copy of an English proficiency certificate (valid for two years) with a minimum score, as well as copies of academic credentials for the highest degree and Bachelor’s degree.
- A research summary prepared in English with a word count of no more than 800 words.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- A passport photocopy
The Prince of Songkla University PhD Scholarships 2022 is open to to all international students.
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the application steps below:
(1) Fill out the form with your personal details.
(2) After uploading the relevant documents, submit the application:
- a copy of your certificate of English proficiency (valid within 2 years).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A certified copy of a bachelor’s or master’s degree transcript, with grades and a grade point average in English.
- a mission statement (about 800 words).
- The first page of a book that has been published.
- Describe and plan your research.
- A photocopy of the front page of the passport.
- A medical certificate is required (in English).
The application deadline for the Prince of Songkla University PhD Scholarships 2022 is April 30th, 2022
- The entrance cost is 600 baht.
- There is a 40 baht PayPal processing fee (Total application fee is 640 baht).
- There is a 20 baht service charge for 2C2P. (Total application fee is 620 baht).
- Please email Mrs.Pawarisa Sangsane at email@example.com for scholarship and other information.