Applications are invited for Marie Curie Actions Ph.D. Scholarships for international applicants at the University of Macerata (UNIMC) in Italy. These scholarship projects are funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2022 research and innovation program under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Industrial Doctorate – ITN (GA no. 766139).
The HEART research program aims at a personalized approach to mobile health coaching programs that engage the user and are tailored to individual needs (putting the user at the HEART of the system).
The University of Macerata (UNIMC), founded in 1290, is the only university in Italy that focuses exclusively on Socioeconomic Sciences and Humanities (SSH). The university’s motto “Humanism that innovates” illustrates its mission: to contribute to the development of people and society through the added value that the social and human sciences bring to the understanding of complex socio-economic and political problems, according to an interdisciplinary.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Ph.D. Program.
The subject of study: Six Ph.D. scholarships in the framework of HEART: IoT-based Health-Related Activities Recognition System, a project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2022 research and innovation program under the Marie Sklodowska Industrial Doctorate- Curie-ITN (GA no. 766139).
The following doctoral students will collaborate within the HEART ITN research program: 4 doctoral students in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), 1 doctoral student in legal studies, and 1 doctoral student in the domain of international business.
- ESR1: Health Behavior Analysis on Heterogeneous Data
- ESR2: Data Analytics Scalability
- ESR3 – Scalability of data processing
- ESR4 – Privacy and security analysis
- ESR5 – Privacy by design and by research. legal problems from conceptualization to commercialization
- ESR6 – Understanding China: From Customer Needs to Market Penetration
Scholarship Award: Benefits
- €600 Mobility Allowance per month (€7,200 / year)
- €500 Family allowance per month (€6,000/year): as appropriate according to Marie Sklodowska Curie.
- NB: This is a gross EU contribution to the salary cost of the researcher. The net salary will be the result of deducting all mandatory national contributions to social security (employer/employee), as well as direct taxes.
The number of scholarships: Six Ph.D. scholarships are available.
The scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Degree: Master’s degree or equivalent that provides access to doctoral programs. See attached file for the degree required for each position. Applicants must not have a Ph.D.
- Language: Proficiency in English must be attested either through a previous English language diploma, or an internationally recognized proficiency exam (at least C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages ie IELTS, IBT, TOEFL, or Cambridge).
- Career: At the beginning of their contract (January 2022), the selected researchers must be within the first four years of their research careers. This means being within four years of your most recent graduation and not yet having earned a doctoral degree.
- Mobility: On the date of recruitment, the researcher must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the contracting institution for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment. date.
- Application: Complete and timely submission exclusively through HEART’s online application system. Submitted documents must be in English. If the supporting documents (for example, academic reference letters and grade scans) are not in English, they must be submitted along with a certified English translation). Please note that in addition to the above eligibility criteria, other essential or desirable requirements are detailed for each Ph.D. position (see attached file).
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
University Admission Requirement
Entry Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree or a degree that allows access to doctoral programs.
English language requirements: Proficiency in English must be certified by a previous English language diploma or internationally recognized proficiency test (at least C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, i.e. IELTS, IBT, TOEFL, or Cambridge).
How to apply: Applications must be submitted exclusively in English and through the open HEART online application system accessible through the HEART website (www.heart-itn.eu). Applications submitted through other means or in languages other than English will not be evaluated. Candidates must apply through HEART’s online application system, which will request the following information:
- A complete curriculum vitae in Europass format in English must highlight the activities and the place where the activities have been carried out to demonstrate that you meet the eligibility criteria for mobility.
- A full academic resume in English with references to past research and training experiences;
- A motivation letter, in English, highlighting consistency between the candidate’s profile and the chosen ESR position for which they are applying;
- At least 2 letters of academic reference, in English or certified translation
- An exploration of the degree qualification, with certified English translation (if the degree qualification is not in English).
- Language proficiency test
- Scanned copy of valid identification document (identity card or passport)
- Declaration of honor according to the template available on the website.
- (OPTIONAL) any other relevant supporting documents (eg research publications).