The Federation University in Australia offers a competitive scholarship intended for international women who want to further their higher education for the academic year of 2022-2023. To empower all the women around the globe the Federation University came up with the idea of providing a scholarship that can help them to achieve their career goals and be one of the future leaders in today’s world.
The competitive scholarship is to support the women through an educational fund and give them a world-class education that can help them develop their skills and knowledge to be more prepared in everyday challenges as well as to their future ambitions.
Shesh Ghale and Jamuna Gurung
Shesh Gale is CEO of the Melbourne Institute of Technology, with Jamuna Gurung as co-founders and Jamuna Gurung and Shesh Gale as directors of the institute. They founded MIT in 1996. Since then, the institute has grown to become one of Australia’s leading providers of private higher education for business and postgraduate courses in business and information technology.
Shesh was born in Nepal and did his undergraduate education in the former Soviet Union from 1979 to 1986, where he obtained a master’s degree in civil engineering from the Kharkiv Automobile and Road Institute. Shesh started his studies on a scholarship from the Nepali government and returned to Nepal to work as a road project engineer in the Nepal government’s transport department.
Shesh moved to Melbourne in 1990 to continue his studies and raise a family in Australia and graduated from Victoria University in 1994 with a Master’s degree in Business Administration.
After completing his MBA and coinciding with the founding of MIT, Shesh became an Australian citizen in 1997 and served as Honorary Consul General in Nepal from 1997-2000. He is still actively involved in Melbourne’s businesses and commercial life and is passionate about education.
University Provider: Federation University
About the Provider
Founded in 1870, the Federation University is a dual-sector public university based in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. It is the fourth oldest college. It offers a variety of educational programs to help candidates acquire the broad knowledge and skills required in today’s competitive world.
The university is considered to be one of the largest and most developed universities in the country. The University offers every student a positive and enrich in historical on-campus experience and provides a natural learning environment. The university offers a variety of courses program for undergraduate and postgraduate.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicants Nationality: International
- Specific Gender: Female
- Degree Level: Bachelors, Master or Ph.D. degree are eligible
- Field: Any chosen field at the Federal University
- Scholarship Awards: $7,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Duration: NA
- Numbers od Awards: 1
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
The SG and JG Scholarship is offered to all freshmen and incoming international female students who will be commencing their higher education in any degree level and field program offered by the Federal University.
Before proceeding to the application process, the applicants must check the eligibility criteria of the scholarship.
- Must be new or incoming freshman students at the university.
- International students.
- Must a female who is willing to further their higher education.
- Must be admitted to an undergraduate, honors, postgraduate, or research degree at the university.
- Must be able to be enrolled at the MIT Melbourne Campus
- Active for the full year of the post census date
- The students can apply for either full-time or part-time.
- The students must be able to demonstrate their financial circumstances.
- Must have a commitment to fulfill their studies and past satisfactory progress and achievements.
- Good communication skills in the English language.
Financial Support Proof
The applicants will not be eligible for the scholarship if they can provide for their educational finances. The Federal University requires that the students can demonstrate their financial incapability to further their higher education.
Upon checking the eligibility of the scholarship, interested applicants can start their application through an online portal provided by the university.
- After the application is opened the applicants must be able to complete the application form and read all the questions thoroughly to better provide the required answer and written statements to be filled up.
- The application will be needing a list of documents that may be able to support your scholarship application.
Listed below are the required documents that can support your scholarship applciation at the Federal University.
- Two reference letters, the reference letter can be from a professor, an employer, colleagues.
- Academic transcript of records
- Curriculum Vitae
- Financial proof
- and other relevant documents
The international female students who will be admitted and apply for the scholarship must have good communication in oral and written English. The federal University requires that all applicants must provide an IELTS score of at least 6.0 minimum.
Scholarship Important Note
Please note that scholarship applications do not guarantee a place on the course.
- Scholarships for the first semester
Scholarship holders are required to start their studies no later than March 1 of the year the scholarship commences.
(MIT Melbourne or MIT Sydney Campus Fellow must commence training no later than early April of the year in which the fellowship begins.
- Scholarships for the second semester
Scholarship holders are required to start their studies no later than August 1 of the year the scholarship commences.
No scholarships are awarded to Federal University employees who have worked at the university for a term of 0.5 or more.
The Federal University will be providing a scholarship amounting to a total value of $7,000 for the successful students. The scholarship fund can be used towards the student’s educational expenses and other related fees.
The amount of the scholarship will be paid in two terms. $3,500 for the first census date and another $3,500 for the second date.
The deadline to complete and submit the applciation forms and required documents is until April 1, 2022, for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship will be renewable and will be offered annually by the Federal University to deserving and outstanding women all around the globe.