Growth and productivity is the goal of all businesses, especially startups. With the support of the Mastercard Foundation’s Young Africa Works initiative, Mest Express offers an acceleration program for startups in Ghana.
Eligible startups should apply now for the 2022 MEST Express Accelerator Program for Ghanaians.
The MEST Express Acceleration Program is an intensive 10-week hands-on acceleration program. This is primarily for tech entrepreneurs and startups. More than 330 young African entrepreneurs and 60 startups across the continent have benefited from this program. You also can.
The acceleration program focuses on developing key skills, product launch, sales and marketing, investment readiness, and growth strategy. In addition, the selected startups will receive seed funding to boost their business. Two cohorts of young startups are trained annually, targeting between 10 and 15 startups per cohort.
This post gives you all the information you need to know about the MEST Express Acceleration Program for Ghanaians. Plus, you’ll learn about their programs and the application process. So, sit back, read, and of course, apply.
What is MESTExpress?
MEST is a training program for technology entrepreneurs founded in Ghana in 2008. Its main objective is to help Ghanaian startups grow through an internal seed fund.
The MEST Express acceleration program provides critical skills training as well as financing. In addition, the program offers software development, business and communications support to technology entrepreneurs in Africa.
MEST’s express technology center is not only located in Accra, Ghana. Also, you can locate the technology hubs in Lagos, Cape Town and Nairobi.
Objectives of the MEST Express acceleration program
At the end of the acceleration program, each startup of MEST Express should be able to:
After achieving this, graduating MEST Express startups will be assured of business growth.
MEST Express Acceleration Program Requirements
Each MEST Express startup/entrepreneur is expected to:
What are the benefits of MEST Express?
The MEST program is fully funded and includes free tuition, room and board, 3 meals a day, and a small monthly stipend.
How can I benefit from the MEST Express acceleration program?
Thousands of startups and entrepreneurs apply annually for the MEST Express acceleration program.
Being eligible does not guarantee that you will be among the chosen entrepreneurs/startups. These attributes below will help you set yourself apart from other applicants.
- Ability to communicate sincerely and persuasively.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Proven academic excellence
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to meet objectives and deadlines
- Demonstrated personal drive, endurance, and self-motivation
- Confidence and independent thinking
- excellent people skills
In addition, successful applicants must have the following:
- Passion: A deep passion for starting a software company. In truth, not everyone has the passion to start a software company. This is because many people consider it to be a mental task.
So, if you are to apply for this program, then, you must have the zeal to start a tech-enabled company.
- Experience: Before applying to be a beneficiary of this program, you must have a business or entrepreneurial work experience.
This shows that you understand teamwork and that you also have great people skills.
- Education: Academic performance is a key point to consider. In fact, this is an avenue to demonstrate your academic excellence.
The NITDA scholarship scheme is only available to students who are citizens and residents of Nigeria.
The programs last 10 weeks. This training is done in cohorts. Each cohort has an average of 10 to 15 startups.
The curriculum focuses on interactive workshops tailored to the specific needs of the cohort and hands-on, results-based sprints, at the end of which participants will have increased their ability in that business aspect with traction to back it up.
Each sprint will end with a demo day attended by experts and ecosystem partners, where participants give a detailed account of their successes and challenges so far and receive critical feedback to take them to the next level. The curriculum is designed to focus on the following key business areas:
The MEST Express acceleration program for Ghanaians is currently ongoing.
For more information on the scholarship and how to apply, click here
World Bank Group Analyst Program
The World Bank Group Analyst Program 2022 is a new and unique World Bank package for exceptionally talented young people with a passion for international development to help solve some of the world’s most pressing problems. The fellowship is held in Washington, DC, or at a local office.
Take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged all the details you need to participate in the World Bank Group Analyst Program.
Everything you need to know about the World Bank Group’s analyst program
About the award
Through this structured three-year program, you will work in an intellectually challenging and culturally diverse environment within a specific practice, region, or corporate unit in the World Bank Group, which includes the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) and the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes.
You will have the opportunity to contribute and increase your skills in areas ranging from analysis, research, data management, project management, and finance. In addition, the program offers various cohort activities designed to broaden your exposure to the work of the World Bank Group and develop leadership skills.
Upon completion of the program, there may be opportunities for you to continue your career with the World Bank Group. Participants holding a Master‘s degree who find the opportunity to continue their career at the WBG may also be eligible for advancement opportunities.
Alternatively, you can use the experience you have gained for further study or other opportunities in international development.
Type: Contract work
– Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
– Passion for contributing to the World Bank Group’s mission to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity
– 28 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after January 1st, 1989)
– Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Candidates who are currently pursuing a degree are eligible if the bachelor’s degree will be awarded by December 31,
– One to three years of relevant work experience is considered in the recruitment stream.
– Analytical thinking, proven academic success, strong oral and written communication skills, and leadership potential.
– Experience working or studying in developing countries is preferred.
– Fluency in English is required. Fluency or proficiency in other languages, particularly Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish, or Russian, is preferred.
In addition, successful candidates must demonstrate the World Bank Group Core Competencies.
-Delivery data for clients
– Lead and innovate
– Collaborate within teams and across borders.
– Create, apply and share knowledge.
– Make smart decisions.
To be competitive for this highly selective program, you must demonstrate a commitment to development, analytical thinking, proven academic success, and leadership potential. We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified individuals with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
- Contract: A three-year local term contract is offered.
- Salary: WBG analysts are offered a locally competitive salary based on their education and professional experience.
- Health, Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs: The WBG analyst and their families (including declared domestic partners) can choose from three comprehensive medical/dental benefit plans. The WBG also provides basic life and accident insurance to all staff at no cost, and staff can choose optional life and accident insurance plans.
The GBM also provides workers’ compensation and disability coverage to all staff at no cost.
- Pension plan: The WBG sponsors a comprehensive pension plan for eligible staff. Once separated from the WBG, a lump sum or pension will be paid to staff based on eligibility.
- Appointment Relocation Benefits: For WBG Analysts relocating to a new country, a cash allowance may be awarded at the discretion of their hiring unit.
- Tax relief: US staff receive an additional quarterly payment to cover the state, state, and local income taxes on their World Bank Group income. Expats and permanent residents of the US do not incur a US income tax liability and are therefore not eligible for this benefit.
- Financial Assistance: The World Bank Group offers financial assistance programs, including a two-year interest-free loan for those relocating by appointment.
Duration of the Selection and Program:
Based on business needs in a specific recruitment stream, a select number of candidates may be contacted for additional interviews/tests between May and January 31.
Offers will be made during that period. Successful candidates will enter the World Bank Group between May and March and will begin their development curriculum in mid-March.
The WBG Analyst Program (WBG AP) offers a combination of challenging work programs and a comprehensive development curriculum over three years.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should follow the full selection and application instructions on the program webpage (see link below) before applying.
Visit the program website for more details.
Prize Provider: World Bank Group
Application Deadline: 21st April