This Swedish Institute scholarship option was created based on the idea that the institute was looking for the next global professionals this world has to offer. This is an international scholarship where students from any country may apply to see if they will become a recipient.
There are many information technologies and computer science-based Master’s programs that tend to receive this scholarship. This is a government scholarship that is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
It is stated on the website that in order to be completely eligible, students need to follow all of the steps and have all of the needed information ready to send in with their application. From there, students are asked to double-check before submitting to see if any spaces are left blank, which they should not be.
Master Programs Available:
- Computer Science
- Telecommunication Systems
- Industrial Economics and Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability
- Materials Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Architecture and Urban Design
- Business Design
- Entrepreneurship Design
- Biomedical Engineering
- Complex Adaptive Systems
- Data Science and A.I.
- Information Technology
- Applied Math
This is not the complete list of available subject fields that fit within the criteria. Instead, students will need to find the country of origin to see which subject fields are deemed first priority and go from there.
- This scholarship opportunity is for Master’s students only.
- Students must be liable to pay the Swedish institute (this amount will be gifted back via this scholarship)
- Students must be eligible for a Swedish Institute Master’s Program for 2023.
- Students are not eligible if they have resided in Sweden for a total of 2 year already.
- If a student has a Swedish citizenship they are not eligible for this scholarship.
- A student cannot have a dual citizenship for Sweden as well.
- The 3,000 hours of work experience needs to be spread over 3 different companies and organizations.
A huge requirement for this scholarship application is that students must have a minimum of 3,000 hours in work experience.
There are over 600 master’s programs that are taught in English and that means that some students may have to take an English Proficiency Exam.
Also there is valid information that Global Professionals will allow students hold part-time jobs.
How to Apply
The only way to apply is online through the link provided. By applying online students will be able to see that they do have to follow some guidelines that pertain to different countries. Different countries that are associated with the Swedish Institute will have a separate criteria for certain subject fields. For example computer science will be a top master’s program in India, but it may not be in Japan because medical biotechnology, and chemistry are the more priority based subject fields.
Reward – Extra Benefits
This is what is included with this scholarship:
- A total monthly allowance of SEK 10,000 so the student doesn’t have to worry too much about a working to earn a living to afford necessities
- A one-time travel grant
- Health insurance that will cover anything that involves an accident or sudden illness
- Complete tuition coverage
- Students will become a member of the SI global professionals network
- After the student’s scholarship ends, they are then granted as part of the SI Alumni Network Group
For scholars from Bangladesh, Bolivia; Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia or Zimbabwe – the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline date is February 28, 2023. Since the deadline date for the 2022 academic year has already passed. Students will need to wait and prepare for the 2023 deadline date. This works great considering it’s already halfway through the 2022 academic year, and students are closer to the open window submission date by now.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame begins in early September of 2023. Students will be able to submit their application online through the SI original website link, which is linked to this article page.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual reoccurring scholarship that has the same deadline date each year. However, this is not a renewable scholarship after students have been picked to be recipients.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application.