The University of Tasmania has been rated as one of the top 10 colleges to continue a higher education with for the last 5 years. As a public research institution, the original founding date goes as far back as the last 1800s. The university is part the Australian state since it is located in Tasmania.
Since the university is made up of five different colleges, these are the institutions that are connected to the campus:
- College of Arts, Law, and Education
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- School of Creative Arts and Media
- School of Humanities
- School of Social Sciences
- College of Health and Medicine
- Menzies Research Institute
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Medicine
- Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre
- College of Sciences and Engineering
- Australian Maritime College
- Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies
- School of Engineering
- School of Natural Sciences
- School of Technology, Environments and Design
- Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture
- Tasmanian School of Business and Economics
- University College
The University currently holds the secretariat role of the International Antarctic Institute established in 2006 in partnership with 19 institutions in 12 countries.
A partnership between the University and the Cradle Coast Authority established the Institute for Regional Development at the Cradle Coast campus in 2005.
- Applicants must first apply to study an undergraduate program (however any courses involved with medicine, surgery, or dementia care are exempt from this scholarship).
- Both male and female students may apply for this scholarship.
- Only international students may apply, this scholarship is not for domestic citizens.
- All potential applicants need to fill out the International Student Application.
- Only individuals who show academic merit will be chosen as a recipient.
- All applicants should know that annual tuition rises each year and this 25% of tuition scholarship is only for their bachelor’s degree program year.
First off, all potential new applicants need to apply to actually study at the University. This is the only way that students will be picked to receive this scholarship. They must be a currently enrolled student of the university.
All international students should refer to the section on the university website (link provided on this page) to the International Future Students category. There students are able to locate tuition fees, application fees, and what requirements dictate that a student is indeed an international student.
Domestic students are considered citizens of Australia and New Zealand. Also, dual citizenship students have different select rules they must follow as well.
The courses will need to be chosen from the undergraduate category, from this list:
- Associate Degree in Applied Health and Community Support
- Associate Degree in Applied Science
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Science (Marine Engineering)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Marine Engineering)
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Science (Nautical Science)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Nautical Science)
- Associate Degree in Applied Technologies
- Undergraduate Certificate in Applied Technologies
- Bachelor of Architecture and Built Environments
- Associate Degree in Arts
- Bachelor of Arts
- Cross Institution Undergrad – Arts
- Diploma of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Business
- International First Year Diploma Business
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Business with Honors
- Undergraduate Certificate in Community Support
- Diploma of Construction Management
- Diploma of Counseling
- Undergraduate Certificate in Counseling
- Diploma of Creative Arts and Health
- Undergraduate Certificate in Creative Arts and Health
- Undergraduate Certificate in Data and Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Education (Applied Learning)
- Associate Degree in Education Support
- Undergraduate Certificate in Education Support
- Bachelor of Education with Honors
- Bachelor of Education with Professional Honors
- Bachelor of Education with Professional Honors (Geographical Education)
- Bachelor of Education with Professional Honors (Mathematics Education)
- Bachelor of Education with Professional Honors (Science Education)
- Bachelor of Educational Studies
- International First Year Diploma Engineering
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science with Clinical Honors in Exercise Physiology
- Diploma of Family History
- Undergraduate Certificate in Fermentation
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Diploma of Fine Arts
- Diploma of Fine Arts and Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honors
- Associate Degree in Global Logistics and Maritime Management
- Bachelor of Global Logistics and Maritime Management
- Diploma of Global Logistics and Maritime Management
- Bachelor of Global Logistics and Maritime Management with Honors
- Bachelor of Health (Public Health) Professional Honors
- Bachelor of Health Science (Medical Radiation Science)
- Bachelor of Health Science with Honors
- Bachelor of Health and Human Services (Leadership) Professional Honors
- Bachelor of Healthcare with Professional Honors (Clinical Redesign)
- Bachelor of Information Systems
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (Honors)
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Justice Studies
- Bachelor of Justice Studies with Honors
- Bachelor of Laboratory Medicine
- Undergraduate Certificate in Laboratory Medicine
- Diploma of Languages
- Diploma of Languages
- Cross Institution Undergrad – Law
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Maritime Engineering (Specialization) (Honors) – Flinders
- Bachelor of Media and Communication
- Associate Degree in Music
- Bachelor of Music
- Diploma of Music
- Bachelor of Music with Honors
How to Apply
All international students will notice on the application form that if they have not filled in all the blanks, the submit button will not appear. This was done on purpose so all students fill in everything so they can submit their applications.
Also, the university panel of judges will check a student’s prior grade point average to see if they can possibly change their field study if it comes down to that. This is the only way a student would be able to keep this scholarship is if their grade point average is outstanding.
Applicants will need to send in their transcripts as well as a project called the “Final transcript” which details additional information that the university does need.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward consists of 25% of the course tuition fee, which adds up to about 6,500 in AUD out of a typical 25,000 Bachelor’s degree tuition year.
Students can add other scholarships on top of this one and can do so if they apply to other scholarships from this university or from Australia and New Zealand. It must be from an accredited foundation or private organization that has worked with the university or education board previously.
If a student is unsure of their financial coverage they should contact the telephone number provided to inquire about what other scholarships can be added to their list to help with any financial strife.
Only applications will be viewed upon the first-semester deadline which is January 14, 2023. Since the 2022 date has already passed by, students will have to wait until next year.
All applicants should check the university website frequently in case any news has been updated.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is now from late 2022 to January 14, 2023. The 2021-2022 submission window is currently closed so students will need to wait until the end of 2022 has come around to successfully send in their application.
This is an annual scholarship that occurs each year.
However, students will not receive notification if they have not been accepted. It is suggested that students who have yet to hear anything back should contact the university via their contact information to ask about any updates.
All students should refer to the university website at all times to check for any changes in deadlines, rules, guidelines, delays, or deferred academic years.